Other 0.39093484419263 39.1% [ 138 ]
Total Votes:[ 353 ]

Scary Unohana is scary...

NOT SURE IF WANT. gonk

Dangerous Sex Symbol

She looks fine to me.
ninja heart

Aged Gaian

Something that strikes more legitimate fear in my heart than Mirajane from Fairy Tail.
She is tooo scary now. I actually feel uncomfortable looking at her.

Romantic Lunatic

doc olden
She looks like one of those youkai depicted in classical Japanese art when she clashed with Zaraki.

She does! I was trying to think of what it was.

So they have fought before, or at least clashed...wow that's some major antagonism left brewing for so long. eek

I wonder how much of a jump in ability Kubo is going to go for with Zaraki Kenpachi with learning skill to go with the force.. though if the reason they were supposed to be training wasn't so huge, I could see a "whoops, training accident.. sooo tragic" User Image

I'm wondering whether her manner of speaking is going coarse because of the translator or because she's "let her hair down"
----

User Image <== The preferences of the thread are showing.

----

I'm still really looking forward to what's going on with the zanpakutou.

It's interesting that he didn't leave it at something like "tool" or "partner" this is something I've seen in the fandom and I want to see where Kubo takes it..

Friendly Explorer

9,000 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
O_______________O
Wow, you are right about a mystical Japanese creature though and I'm trying to remember what they're called, I'm think Noh Face people but I know its something else. But really!! O-o She IS scary! Who would've thought an innocent woman like her would be the grudge! XD
Oh dear, I don't want either of them to go. sad
This is getting more complicated by the minute.

Oh and read some Naruto chapters... NO NEJI!! DX
Sad crying
and I love the part with Ino and Shikamaru's dads. biggrin Now I'm curious about Sasuke... =_= WHY THE HELL DID YOU BRING HIM BACK EH?!!
doc olden
P.S.: am I the only one that thinks Unohana is incredibly hot with her hair down and with that look? She looks like one of those youkai depicted in classical Japanese art when she clashed with Zaraki.

Why did get the feeling you were going to say something like that? XD As for Unohana's semblance to a particular subject of Japanese art, I believe the term for that is called yuu-rei.

Also, I just want to make a clarification when I saw Unohana's expression when facing off against Kenpachi.

Unohana Yachiru = Jyumei Kuga

Beloved Regular

7,300 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Generous 100
  • Popular Thread 100
PotionsPet
So they have fought before, or at least clashed...wow that's some major antagonism left brewing for so long. eek

So...foreshadowing, much? The little comment about a possible death if they crossed swords, again...wonder where that will be taken? Maybe it will be taken to the extreme! Or, more realistically, it'll be taken to the "saiyan extreme" (a.k.a. to within an inch of life).
Azriel_eph210
PotionsPet

So...foreshadowing, much? The little comment about a possible death if they crossed swords, again...wonder where that will be taken? Maybe it will be taken to the extreme! Or, more realistically, it'll be taken to the "saiyan extreme" (a.k.a. to within an inch of life).

The Star of Death shines down on them both.

Dapper Gaian

1,700 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Full closet 200
Y'know, the more I think about it, the more I think that Unohana being revealed as the first Kenpachi is something that wasn't planned when she was first introduced. Why? Minazuki, her Zanpakuto, takes the form of a giant manta ray with healing juices in its stomach in its shikai state. If the zanpakuto is supposed to reflect its wielder, then Unohana's should be something a lot more violent. Not something like that.

Romantic Lunatic

Simply Rolla
Y'know, the more I think about it, the more I think that Unohana being revealed as the first Kenpachi is something that wasn't planned when she was first introduced. Why? Minazuki, her Zanpakuto, takes the form of a giant manta ray with healing juices in its stomach in its shikai state. If the zanpakuto is supposed to reflect its wielder, then Unohana's should be something a lot more violent. Not something like that.

How many cases have we had so far of the shinigami being upset with their zanpakutou?

Unohana and Minazuki could have started out like Sesshoumaru and Tenseiga: He thought it a useless sword that couldn't cut, only heal and wanted nothing to do with it.. but through the story grew into using it.

Further abilities from it could fit the revealed her. Something I thought was how Hanatarou's will heal then blast people. She could be a huge-a** step up from that and give back everything that she's healed with Minazuki before.

There's some reason she went from the 11th (hell, shaping the 11th) to the 4th.

I'm wondering which is her dominant personality. "Yachiru" with Retsu being some civilized skin, or "Retsu" with Yachiru being something she tried to put behind her.

Her whole demeanor has changed in this chapter. She went from Captain Mom with the soft voice and manners and neat appearance and straight posture to like she's been fighting in the woods (or far Rukongai) with the almost crouching slump in her back, hair all in her face, slitted expression and rough words.
Simply Rolla

Brace yourselves, friends. Incoming retcon and/or creator handwave explaining everything in a way that will confuse, enthrall, and enrage simultaneously.

The handwaving will probably be that Unohana is on a limiter which changes the form of her Shikai.

COULD BE HER HAIR TIES.

Romantic Lunatic

Aged Gaian

Simply Rolla

We've seen hardly anything to her shikai.
We only know she can heal people with it and that it can fly.
She's never been in combat either so far in the series.

Minazuki could be a perfect match for her. It can have many sides to it.
For all we know Minazuki's form is shaped around the intent of it's owner.

This entire new side to her could reveal a whole no bloodthirsty side to minazuki
PotionsPet
"Retsu" with Yachiru being something she tried to put behind her.

To me, this is the most obvious one. This is where I believe Yamamoto had equal standing, or should have, with those other super-shinigami called the Royal Guard since his skill in warfare brought of all of it together. Yamamoto probably came along and modeled what it meant to be a shinigami; he was the prototypical shinigami. So yeah she was belligerent and had a sword, but I believe it wasn't until Yamamoto developed the Gotei 13 as we know it that she became Retsu.

And on that note, I believe the members of the Royal Guard, given their innovation in the shinigami arts, were likely members of either the "original" yakuza-style Gotei 13, the very first incarnation of the militaristic Gotei 13 like Kyouraku and Ukitake, or both like Yamamoto and Unohana. It's very likely that during the time that Kirinji went off into the Royal Guard that he dubbed Unohana the next "him", likely giving her both a new skillset and new office as 4th Division captain.

No wonder Ukitake and Kyouraku were afraid of her:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

P.S.:

*Way to go Unohana; we all knew you had it in you*

With that, it's no wonder that Yamamoto let in people like Zaraki and Kurotsuchi, now. He, like Unohana, was a savage criminal that underwent a personal change.
NEEDS MOAR GYOZAS
Simply Rolla

Brace yourselves, friends. Incoming retcon and/or creator handwave explaining everything in a way that will confuse, enthrall, and enrage simultaneously.

The handwaving will probably be that Unohana is on a limiter which changes the form of her Shikai.

COULD BE HER HAIR TIES.

Would you consider the recent explanation of the zanpakutou be some sort of a retcon in or of itself? Ouetsu is pretty much implying that all zanpakutou basically started out as asauchi.

The idea of Unohana's powers being tied to her hair has been floating around for quite some time. Wouldn't really be surprising.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff