H: Bazz-B 0.12464589235127 12.5% [ 44 ]
I: Cang Du 0.10481586402266 10.5% [ 37 ]
J: Quilge Opie 0.022662889518414 2.3% [ 8 ]
K: BG9 0.01699716713881 1.7% [ 6 ]
Z: Giselle Gewelle 0.093484419263456 9.3% [ 33 ]
Other 0.39093484419263 39.1% [ 138 ]
Total Votes:[ 353 ]

Romantic Lunatic

I'm thinking more along those lines too. That it's a pride or maybe a moral thing.. I'm stuck on the sucking up surroundings thing and keep thinking maybe they could grab a person up in it too.

Makes sense, usually when some character starts going on about "becoming something greater, or the next great evolution" they've also started to not really give a crap about anybody else.

So maybe back before the two factions, they were messing around with what they could do with their powers and there was a bad incident. The Ishidas could have gone " O_O not cool" and dropped the line of thought and the rest of them kept it up because it could give a huge boost.. after all if the land could provide some.. imagine the concentrated energy in a being.

All just a thought.

Clean Member

5,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
When Uryu used Letzt Stil the buildings around him started breaking down, just like the desert is for Opie now, because SS, Hueco Mundo, Shinigami and Hollows are all made of Reishi. I think sentient beings are able to prevent their bodies being broken down by Letzt Stil/Volstandig, and I don't think Kubo will bring it to that. If Quincies could break down their opponent's bodies into more energy for themselves that would be going too far.

Friendly Explorer

9,000 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
Unfavoured Guest
When Uryu used Letzt Stil the buildings around him started breaking down, just like the desert is for Opie now, because SS, Hueco Mundo, Shinigami and Hollows are all made of Reishi. I think sentient beings are able to prevent their bodies being broken down by Letzt Stil/Volstandig, and I don't think Kubo will bring it to that. If Quincies could break down their opponent's bodies into more energy for themselves that would be going too far.

I agree there's no point if that happened.
And too much Pride can cause BIG problems, its okay to have A LITTLE pride but not so much that it makes him a jackass. I'm not sure how Aizen fell into that category but whatever.
I wonder if the Royal Guard be involved in this. I hate it when he mentions it in the story and never talks about after that. They HAVE to be involve in the story somehow. surprised

Romantic Lunatic

That would be going really far... ya know compared to all the other things that have gone on in this manga. cat_xp cat_sweatdrop

I guess there would be a step up in difficultly from landscape to being, they did remark how weird it was during the Pendulum Arc about the Rukongai incidents. That something had to have made them unable to hold themselves together anymore. (unrelated except that they mentioned about how they had to hold themselves in one piece)

It would be way too uber dark for anything like this too happen to anybody more than barely mentioned background characters cat_sweatdrop

Friendly Explorer

9,000 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
and anyway they know the Rukongai people were humans before so they won't attack them. wink

Yui Ichijo's Husbando

Fuzzy Fatcat

12,875 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
Long time since I've come here S:
So what's the new subject of discussion? 8D
To be honest though, I'm sort of lost with what's going on lately xD

Romantic Lunatic

Guess who else was human before? cat_xp psst, remember how hollows are made. User Image

They've shown they aren't really playing the part of "good guys" anyhow.

I can see tracking down the ones causing havoc in the living world but these a-holes invaded Hueco Mundo and started messing with people. Unless it pops up later that there was random plot for another invasion..it was uncalled for. Except for the whole "we're better than you because you're not us, so we have every right to use/kill you as we please" thing.

--
I'm curious now about how the landscape/building things came to be.. if the beings are made of their energy, how did the rest get there.... But that's a Kubo question. Though after it all got going maybe the beings leaked enough energy to keep forming things around them. Thus how they can take it back and use it.
The difference between hollows and the people of the Rukongai is that the latter are still people, and the hollows are not. (Not that that makes much of a difference given we know the people in the Rukongai aren't much better than the hollows they might've been in the real world.) Anyways, they live in the Soul Society so they have a vested interest to save the people they've been tasked with saving.

Adventuring Streaker

9,825 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Inquisitor 200
So the new chapter came out, and I see that it's 22 pages long, and I'm like: User Image

When reading through, 4 of them end up being fanart, and I'm like: User Image

But nonetheless, it was a really intense chapter. Despite the fact that Ayon really is strong, and I expected a lot of gore in this chapter. (Remember what happened to Rangiku?), it doesn't surprise me that Opie is that strong. For Ayon to randomly kill him, and leave Ichigo out doesn't seem like it would makes sense.

Thanks to the new guy with the glasses, I understand a little more what this wars about, and I also love his statement:

"Wars happen because both sides are just". It's so true, because everybody in their respective situations are fighting for a cause they think is good.

Greedy Lunatic

8,350 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
I feel like this has been explained already...because I just remember it. I don't know if it was in a movie or a filler I just know I have seen the explanation of the soul balance and all that
It kinda got explained back when they introduced what Quincies were

Romantic Lunatic

Now they gave us a time. I don't think they gave us one before so people were wondering when it actually went down..

200 years ago

I like this new guy.. I see him as one that the fans will grab hold of even if all he does is this one explanation.

----

Thing is hollows are still souls. Like it was re-iterated in this chapter, the balance had nothing to do with their minds or what state their souls were in. And given enough time, some become "people" again

They didn't stop being "beings" just because they went through the hollow process.

That just gets downplayed when they get used as background fodder to the plotline.. each lower one was a person (remember Orihime's brother).. then they ate others and on up the process til you get the ones who are chatting up in this chapter ( plus or minus Aizen intervention)

--

I had to go back and retrace the thread to see how the hell we got to this conversation... it made random jump. cat_xd

Friendly Explorer

9,000 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
yeah I knew that. man I really thought Ayon would defeat him, they are still human after all...
but I guess stealing Bankai from Soul Reapers make them... less human?
Man they really don't care that they use to be human and they still kill hollows cold-hearted-ly.
I'm sure Uryu knows by now... stare
Like I said earlier, why do people think they are or have done anything with Bankai. Keep in mind that only a handful of people have Bankai and, with the exception of the Lieutenant-Commander, none of them have apparently been shown to face off or interact with the Quincies whatsoever.

Friendly Explorer

9,000 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
.... emotion_dealwithit

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers