I: Cang Du 0.10481586402266 10.5% [ 37 ]
J: Quilge Opie 0.022662889518414 2.3% [ 8 ]
K: BG9 0.01699716713881 1.7% [ 6 ]
Z: Giselle Gewelle 0.093484419263456 9.3% [ 33 ]
Other 0.39093484419263 39.1% [ 138 ]
Total Votes:[ 353 ]

doc olden
Smh.

Kenpachi's not even the best swordsman, and yet Unohana claims he's better than her.

Also, the Unohana probably chose to christen herself the title Kenpachi (剣) as a way of referencing her own original, given name Yachiru (千流), e.g. one who knows 8000 styles via the use of 8, e.g. all, swords. The number 8 here is likely meant to be a symbol of totality.

Here's something that's been on my mind for a while: can anyone understand how deep the Gotei was when they had everyone back at the start of the series? I mean they had Yamamoto, Aizen, and - now that we know what she is capable of - Unohana in addition to people like Kyouraku and Ukitake, Hitsugaya, Kuchiki, and Zaraki. It's no wonder that Soul Society was as guarded and impenetrable as it was. Honestly, I'd take the series-started Gotei 13 over the current one, except for maybe Kensei and Tousen; I'd probably swap those two.

I think Unohana was saying that as a warrior, Ken's superior, which is not the same as the most skilled, per se. Don't get me wrong here, 8000 sword style mastery is itself beyond impressive, but skills really don't mean anything if they can't grant a noticeable edge against an opponent that is naturally stronger/faster than you (ie. born with a better body than you). I'm just wondering when will their little shinken shoubu match will end, as I'm more interested in the antics of Ichigo and Renji.

Which itself raises the question of how powerful a real Vasto Lordes class Hollow really is, if they are really as dangerous as Hitsugaya claimed they are. I'm sure as powerful as Starrk and Harribel were, they're quite underwhelming compared to how powerful a Vasto Lordes should be if it really only takes ten of them to bring Soul Society to ruin. My guess is, all the true Vasto Lordes, if any at all, are probably deep slumber in Hueco Mundo, waiting until there's a vast supply of souls existing that's large enough to satisfy their appetite. But perhaps that's just wishful thinking on my part.
doc olden
NEEDS MOAR GYOZAS
doc olden
Smh.

Kenpachi's not even the best swordsman, and yet Unohana claims he's better than her.

I thought she was referring to raw strength and potential. It had nothing to do with swordsmanship and skill at all. Kenpachi's power level was just too goddamn high.

Zaraki has the skill of an 8-year-old hitting things with a stick on the playground.

Well until Yamaji apparently forced kendo on him.

She probably was but my point was in saying that the on thing he has, swordsmanship, doesn't even rank among the best in the captain-class.

There's no way she can call herself stronger than anyone except Kenpachi in terms of raw strength or potential either.

Potential is vacuous; as it stands one who has all the potential in the world and one who's realized their potential are incomparable. Just as Kyouraku told Stark back in the day that Hitsugaya would likely in time pass him in strength, as it stood then and there Kyouraku was stronger than Hitsugaya. Does Hitsugaya have even greater potential than Kyouraku? Probably so given Kyouraku willfully acknowledged the boy's skill. However, Hitsugaya is not better than Kyouraku.

The difference between Hitsugaya and Kenpachi:

Hitsugaya doesn't powerlevel everytime he gets to near-death and he doesn't have Unohana grinding him repeatedly until he reaches lvl ∞.
Apparently, but of those two we both know who's really talented.

Son, honestly I think we just have to chalk that up to Kubo's bad writing. There's no way in hell 10 could match 13, even if they have the "edge" in strength. It's not like the captains are all equal in power and in special abilities. Yamamoto was always worth two, as was someone like Aizen (when he was on the good side). Then you have to take into account their individual abilities...I just don't see them taking over Soul Society.

Don't forget Barragan, Son; he's stronger than Halibel!
doc olden

Son, honestly I think we just have to chalk that up to Kubo's bad writing. There's no way in hell 10 could match 13, even if they have the "edge" in strength. It's not like the captains are all equal in power and in special abilities. Yamamoto was always worth two, as was someone like Aizen (when he was on the good side). Then you have to take into account their individual abilities...I just don't see them taking over Soul Society.

3 Vastolordes + 6 Adjuchas + 1 Gillian = 13 Captains.

Apparently. At least almost.

Hah. I like how considering who killed who, it wouldn't be a surprise if Yamaji was able to solo each of the Espada all by himself.-- at least one on one and without Wanderweiss coming out of nowhere to seal his fire.

EDIT: Looking back, Yammy being 0 didn't make any sense unless Aizen's intention was for him to Godzilla-rampage through Soul Society.

PFFFT.
"We've got the former God-King of Hueco Mundo, a lazy badass guns akimbo gunslinger (and his loli), a sexy shark lady, an emo batboy, a crazy guy with a scythe, a kitty cat, a mad scientist, two heads in a pickle jar, and a black guy".
"WE HAVE ICHIGO, BYAKUYA, AND KENPACHI."
"We have a Hulk".
doc olden

Exactly. Bad writing AND bad characterization. Just watch. Despite all these powerhouses that make up the Gotei 13, Kubo is going to pull out some random power-up for their Quincy opponents. It's a Kubo thing.

Oh I'm well aware of that. I've watched/read many shounen battle series where ranks only give an average level of power, but overlooks individual accomplishments. A prime example is, once again, Saint Seiya. Virgo Shaka, despite his rank being the 'equivalent' to a Gotei Captain, has amassed so much energy inside himself over time that his nickname is "The Man Closest to God."

True, I tend to forget about Barragan a lot, which I shouldn't. We're talking about the guy who made Soi Fon unleash her Bankai, and even then, he made her struggle. And despite all that, he was number two.

Romantic Lunatic

NEEDS MOAR GYOZAS

EDIT: Looking back, Yammy being 0 didn't make any sense unless Aizen's intention was for him to Godzilla-rampage through Soul Society.

PFFFT.
"We've got the former God-King of Hueco Mundo, a lazy badass guns akimbo gunslinger (and his loli), a sexy shark lady, an emo batboy, a crazy guy with a scythe, a kitty cat, a mad scientist, two heads in a pickle jar, and a black guy".
"WE HAVE ICHIGO, BYAKUYA, AND KENPACHI."
"We have a Hulk".

Just watched the Yammy fight again.. still thought it was stupid...

Them fighting him reminded me of the people who are the last ones dancing at a party....after everyone else has left, it's over.. but these guys are still going.

The best thing about those episodes to me wasn't the fight: it was the snide comments from the peanut gallery and between Byakuya and Kenpachi.
Yeah Son. I'm telling you, Barragan is the most slept on Espada. It's good that a lot of people I know and like Stark because he is after all the number one, but I've seen much more respect and veneration for Ulquiorra to the point that some have thought he (and Grimmjow of all Espada) was really the strongest Espada. To that, I always say that Barragan didn't even use any of his Espada/arrancar abilities (save his hierro, and even then that's not really an ability) in his fight and still dominated. If he did, I mean if he used his version of the Gran Rey Cero or Cero Oscuras, or sonido, or Caja Negacion...I don't think Hachi would've been able to beat him. Hell, I'm sure this is a trope somewhere on tv tropes because he was so powerful he had to be taken out by himself. Think about that: if he didn't wild and out like he did when he did it's debatable whether or not Hachi would've been able to come up with what he did. And I know I'm not using much good English grammar here, but just think of how little Soifon's bankai did to him: he took it RIGHT TO THE FACE and it only destroyed a fourth of it! Most slept on Espada.

Kenpachi and Byakuya's fight with Yammy pissed me off, mainly because it showcases just how much Kubo shelters them (whether he meant to or not). While everyone else is getting cut down by Aizen, Kubo's two golden boys are in HM playing with Yammy. It really galls me because they had not business there anymore; most of the Espada were dead and Orihime was safe. Furthermore, Unohana and Ichigo managed to get there safely. You can have Mayuri, someone had to make sure those transported could get to the other side safely. So...why did Kenpachi and Byakuya remain? To me, it's just another in a long line of demerits for those two because they're fighting a nobody when they could be fighting a somebody. You wanna call yourself good? You can only fight lames for so long. That point in time everyone was fighting for the fate of the world, except for those two who were fighting trash. Yamamoto lost his arm, Hiyori got cut in half, so and so forth but they have the audacity to waist time and energy fighting Yammy. Seriously, if I was Yamamoto I would've fired them for that.

GYOZAS, Yamamoto would own all of them even without his zanpakuto. While on the subject of old Bleach characters (that I like), I think Yamamoto is one of the many slept on captains. Hands-down he was the strongest, to the point that he's almost never been fought fairly. In every one of his fights he has managed to be double-teamed, surprised/ambushed, powered-up on, or just outright faked out on. That's how strong he is.
Doc: Hoist By His Own Petard.

Yeaaaah, I spend way too much time in TV Tropes.

Jesus.
Quote:
  • Having throught he'd cleverly defeated death, Szayel-Aporro learns that all he did was accidentally absorb a drug Kurotsuchi had placed inside his lieutenant on the off-chance anyone would use her as an incubator. The drug speeds up his perception of time. When Kurotsuchi stabs him, killing him only takes a few seconds but, thanks to the drug, it feels like centuries to Szayel-Aporro.
  • Charlotte traps Yumichika in a technique that relies on this trope to kill narcissistic characters in an ignomious way by ensuring their death passes unseen and unmourned by anyone. However, all it does is allow Yumichika to unleash his Coverblowing Superpower without fear of his colleagues uncovering his secret, resulting in Charlotte suffering this death by this trope instead of Yumichika.
  • Hachigen kills Barragan by teleporting his rotting arm into Barragan's stomach, causing him to age himself to death.
  • When Tousen's hollow form gives him the ability to see, he becomes so focused on his new-found sight to the exclusion of everything else, allowing Hisagi, his former lieutenant, to sneak up on him and land the finishing blow from behind.
  • In 421, this happens to Aizen. Relying on the Hogyoku for power was fine when it still considered him a worthy master. The moment it didn't, the Hogyoku took back all of the power it had given him leaving him vulnerable to Urahara's sealing kidou.
  • In 466, Yukio tries to kill Toshiro with an inescapable Zerg Rush of monsters programmed to zone in on Toshiro's location and crush him. Then Toshiro flashsteps right next to Yukio and freezes his Fullbring. Yukio can't do anything but scream in terror as his own monsters surround him and Toshiro, knowing full well that Toshiro will be able to dodge their attack while he can't.

Didn't expect six examples. Kubo seems to be fond of this trope lately. I guess we know how Juhabach is going to die. emotion_awesome
That's right. I actually read that one some time ago, GYOZAS.
No Bleach this week?
Ladyshion
No Bleach this week?

Maybe a hardcore Unohana fan jumped him. emotion_awesome

But yeah, no chapter. No warning message either last week. At least not in the scanlations I read.
NEEDS MOAR GYOZAS
Ladyshion
No Bleach this week?

But yeah, no chapter. No warning message either last week. At least not in the scanlations I read.

Ok thanks smile I wonder why no warning last week.
doc olden
Yeah Son. I'm telling you, Barragan is the most slept on Espada. It's good that a lot of people I know and like Stark because he is after all the number one, but I've seen much more respect and veneration for Ulquiorra to the point that some have thought he (and Grimmjow of all Espada) was really the strongest Espada. To that, I always say that Barragan didn't even use any of his Espada/arrancar abilities (save his hierro, and even then that's not really an ability) in his fight and still dominated. If he did, I mean if he used his version of the Gran Rey Cero or Cero Oscuras, or sonido, or Caja Negacion...I don't think Hachi would've been able to beat him. Hell, I'm sure this is a trope somewhere on tv tropes because he was so powerful he had to be taken out by himself. Think about that: if he didn't wild and out like he did when he did it's debatable whether or not Hachi would've been able to come up with what he did. And I know I'm not using much good English grammar here, but just think of how little Soifon's bankai did to him: he took it RIGHT TO THE FACE and it only destroyed a fourth of it! Most slept on Espada.

Kenpachi and Byakuya's fight with Yammy pissed me off, mainly because it showcases just how much Kubo shelters them (whether he meant to or not). While everyone else is getting cut down by Aizen, Kubo's two golden boys are in HM playing with Yammy. It really galls me because they had not business there anymore; most of the Espada were dead and Orihime was safe. Furthermore, Unohana and Ichigo managed to get there safely. You can have Mayuri, someone had to make sure those transported could get to the other side safely. So...why did Kenpachi and Byakuya remain? To me, it's just another in a long line of demerits for those two because they're fighting a nobody when they could be fighting a somebody. You wanna call yourself good? You can only fight lames for so long. That point in time everyone was fighting for the fate of the world, except for those two who were fighting trash. Yamamoto lost his arm, Hiyori got cut in half, so and so forth but they have the audacity to waist time and energy fighting Yammy. Seriously, if I was Yamamoto I would've fired them for that.

GYOZAS, Yamamoto would own all of them even without his zanpakuto. While on the subject of old Bleach characters (that I like), I think Yamamoto is one of the many slept on captains. Hands-down he was the strongest, to the point that he's almost never been fought fairly. In every one of his fights he has managed to be double-teamed, surprised/ambushed, powered-up on, or just outright faked out on. That's how strong he is.

Well, we don't know what Hachi would have done. After all, it's Kubo who's behind the pen in terms of both art and unfortunately, story. He can decide how suddenly powerful a character can be without having to bother dignifying any proof of it prior to revealing such level of power, not to mention suddenly change the focus of the story on the drop of a dime if the situation calls for it. Unfortunately, the samurai action series Gamaran is also guilty of that latter part.
Ladyshion
NEEDS MOAR GYOZAS
Ladyshion
No Bleach this week?

Ok thanks smile

This explains what happened to bleach: Animenewsnetwork

Romantic Lunatic

Ladyshion

This explains what happened to bleach: Animenewsnetwork

My first thought "aww, ok.."

Second thought: "they passed it to each other" xp

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash