Welcome to Gaia! ::

AKIRA
アキラ

User Image

Quote:
Akira is a manga series, written and illustrated by Katsuhiro Otomo. Set in a post apocolyptic Neo-Tokyo, the work uses conventions of the cyberpunk genre to detail a saga of turmoil. Initially serialized in the pages of Young Magazine from 1982 until 1990, the work was collected into six volumes by its publisher Kodesha. The work was first published in an English language version by the Marvel Comics imprint Epic Comics, one of the first manga works to be translated in its entirety.[3] Otomo's art on the series is considered outstanding, and the work is a breakthrough for both Otomo and the manga form. Through the breadth of the work, Otomo explicates themes of social isolation, corruption and power.

Author & Illustrator: Katsuhiro Otomo
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Characters

Shotaro Kaneda
Tetsuo Shima
Kei
Ryusaku
Mr. Nezu
The Colonel
Takashi
Masaru
Kiyoki
Sakaki
Muzo
Michiko
Chiyoko
Ms. Miyako
Akira
Yamagata
Doctor

FIRST POST WILL BE UPDATED WITH MORE INFORMATION.
Oh, I need to get into this because I see some seriously hardcore fans of it who also like the same series I like @_@
I'm guessing by the age of this post, you're not gonna update the first post and go further in depth on the manga's themes? Compare it to the movie and talk about what was left out, or even added in?

What a shame.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces