Welcome to Gaia! ::

We have not forgot about Check-In, nope nope.

But ER is MIA :c we hope to wait for her a little bit longer. 0.19047619047619 19.0% [ 12 ]
If she does not show before this weekend we will go ahead with out her T.T 0.11111111111111 11.1% [ 7 ]
What time would be best? 0.31746031746032 31.7% [ 20 ]
Noon Saturday (Central time) 0.19047619047619 19.0% [ 12 ]
Noon Sunday (Central time) 0.19047619047619 19.0% [ 12 ]
Total Votes:[ 63 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 1498 1499 1500 > >> >>> »|

User Image
Guild---Facebook--Tinychat---Elimination Room
[PW: yerro]
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬

Welcome to Reality Check Season Two!
Hosted by Gee with the wonderful judging staff of: Pink, Kisa, and Allmostanyone!
This season we're very excited to announce a top prize of five million gold
and many smaller prizes along the way, this is sure to be an exciting season!

[Introduction][Rules & Staff][Current Episode][Reality Check][Episode Results][Past Episodes][Sides Games/Mini Contests][---][---][---][---][Past Threads][Links][Waitwut?][Memories]
Rules
Respect the authority of the judges
Follow the ToS
Don’t steal the banners or ideas of this thread
No page stretching
Do not quote the first page
Do not advertise
Please, stick around and chat :D
Donations to the prize pot are very welcome ;D

Staffing
Staff Applications are now located in the RC Guild

Judges
Gee
I'm nineteen, male, and live in the wonderful state of Michigan. I'm the owner and creator of Reality Check so you better be prepared to impress me.
Pink
Hi, I'm Pink! I'm English, twenty-one and a girl. That is all you need to know. KTHXBAI. <3
Kisa
Why hello! I’m the super awesome Canadian known as Kisa, who happens to be an eighteen year old girl with a heart that jumps sporadically at the site of anything cute! Nice to meet ya, eh!

Allmost
Hi I’m Allmostanyone, I’ll be one of your four judges for this season, so let the a** kissing begin and I can only be bribed with real kittens fyi. This bio is too damn short to say more, so hang around to find out more.

Moderators
The Judges
Trashed Angel

Journalist
Hamsa Paadini

[Introduction][Rules & Staff][Current Episode][Reality Checks][Episode Results][Past Episodes][Sides Games/Mini Contests][---][---][---][---][Past Threads][Links][Waitwut?][Memories]
Contestants

ArrancarYoruichi
Eliminated in Episode Two.

Blue Eyed Wallflower
Eliminated in Episode One.

Cajunlullaby

Crispy FlapjacksUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"My name, if you do not know, is Crispy Flapjacks. I am the only two males left in Reality Check contestant-wise. So, I guess that makes me special? I'm extremely harmonic and can end arguments easily. I have two pet crabs that entertain me endlessly. I live in Ohio, and would love to work with animals when I'm out of high school. I enjoy meowing, exercising, being vegetarian, painting my furniture different colors, wearing sweaters in the summer, having a fan-club, singing and breathing. Best of luck to all my fellow contestants, because I'm ready to win!"

fireflyz14User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Eliminated in Episode Five.

Eternal RebellionUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"I'm Eternal Rebellion, my friends call me Eternal, Rebel or E.R. - Drawing, Photography, and Graphic Design are a few of my hobbies. I take film and video classes and enjoy making and editing footage with my friends. I spend most of my time in Gaia working for The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild. I love getting to know new people- if you'd like to know more about me feel free to PM me."

Froggie DollUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Eliminated in Episode Four.

MidnightAngelFox
Eliminated in Episode Two.

Phanna
Eliminated in Episode Three.

Pielord3721

rinleeUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Eliminated in Episode Four.

snow-kitten101User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Eliminated in Episode Eight.

TheFemalePhantomhiveUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Eliminated in Episode Seven.

Tounon KamiyaUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Eliminated in Episode Five.

Wild Metamorphosis

Human in C majorUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
"Hi, I'm Human in C Major, and I'm the first WILDCARD on Reality Check! I'm 15 years old and I go by the motto "Big hair. Big heart. Big hurry." I love photography, music, tennis, and tektek. I'm super pumped to be in the competition and would like to wish everyone luck... This is gonna be intense."

DerraiUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Eliminated in Episode Seven.

[Introduction][Rules & Staff][Contestants][Current Episode][Reality Checks][Episode Results][Past Episodes][Sides Games/Mini Contests][---][---][---][Past Threads][Links][Waitwut?][Memories]

Episode What?
Episode One

Welcome to the beginning of the end and the beginning of the beginning.
You've been with us a long time and hopefully have learned a lot, about yourself, about your friends, and about running a game show?...
Our last minisode was more than what it appeared, it was to help pick your brain and to give you a head start on this challenge, even if you did not participate you should have at least thought about it.
Everything you have done and been through up till now has prepared you for this, put everything you know, and all that you have learned, and run your own game show. You will have a lot of freedom with this challenge, but as always there are rules and guidelines and you will be expected to follow them if you wish to win our game show.

This episode is lengthy, detailed, and also your last chance to impress,
please read it carefully and double check with the judges if you are unsure about something.

Each contestant

√ Contestants may have two friends assist them as judges.
√ Setup a complete version of your game show in the test forum by the end of the second week (exact dates are listed below).
√ Explain how you intend to raise your gold (A fund raiser thread is not necessary if you have other methods)
√ Each contestants' game show must consist of an audition round, two episodes, and a final episode.
(Which means your game must have at least 4 contestants)
√ Each round requires a prize, items, gold, or services.
√ The theme of your game show is up to you.
√ The style in which the game is run is up to you.
√ The number of players in the game is up to you.
√ You may use a mule to host your game show.
√ You may work on the steps ahead of time but DO NOT post or open them before their official start date.
√ The theme of your game show, what you expect form players, and any additional information should be explained clearly in your posts.
√ Use the guild to your convince, use it to keep records, plans, use it as an outlet, and any additional information you wish the judges to know.

We have organized this episode to last roughly 6-7 weeks,
at the beginning or the end of each week you will be excepted to turn in information either by PMing it to Teh Paper Bag or posting it in the guild.
Whichever method you decide on please still with it, we do not want confusion because some information is in a PM box while some is in the guild.
You can either PM the information or use the guild (we recommend this method more). We've cleared out the main forum page for you to use.
If use decide to use the guild than each "turn it in" must have its own post so that there is no mistaking the turn it in date. And we will invite your extra judges to join our guild if that is where you would like to do your work.

Week one: Getting Started
Hopefully you'll have already gotten started on this.
Come up with a reality game show concept, have any and all banners, signs, and logo ready by the end of the week, March 7th.
Place all banners and signs in a test thread in the test forum or guild,
also include in the thread a rough description what you are setting up for, then post it in the guild or PM a link to Bag by March 7th at 11:59PM.
(Keep in mind that any information you provide is not only for our sake,
your main goal should be to be clear and attract the attention of passer-bys)

Link:

Week Two and Three: Raise Your Funds
Can't run a game show without prizes right? You have 2 weeks to get your gold so make them worth their weight in it.
You will also need to be finishing setting up your game show.
Each contestant will receive 150k from the judges, (Winner of the Minisode and last episode advantage will receive additional gold) contestants will be required to match it at least, but 300k will not be enough, how much more you want is up to you, it's your budget, and how you make it is also up to you. I can tell you that all the judges have auctioned themselves off, camped out in the art request forum, asked for handouts, and even sold their own items for all in the name of the game.

At the beginning of week two March 8th post it in the guild or PM Teh Paper Bag by March 8th at 11:59PM to inform us of how you intend to get your gold, details are not required, just please tell us if it's from a friend, your own saving, or a fund raiser. Please note that Fund raiser thread will require a link.

I swear I didn't steel this gold, I got it from:
(Fund raiser thread require a link) Link:

At the end of week two post it in the guild or PM Teh Paper Bag by March 13th at 11:59PM, a link to your beta game show in the test forum, at this point your game should be near complete with all the information, all that it missing are the contestants.
Note: Your show will not officially start till week four, so dont jump the gun and start is early.

Link:

At the end of week three, the official end of the fund raising process, post it in the guild or PM your budget to Teh Paper Bag by March 19th at 11:59PM, and a rough plan of how you intend to use it.
We know first hand how plans can change, what you send to us will not be set in stone, you are free to reorganized or change your plans but we do need a rough outline non-the less.

Budget:
You plans for it:

Week Four: Open auditions
Now some fun starts! Your game show officially starts NOW! Well not now now, you get a two day break, get your grunnies in orders and get ready for the 22nd.
At any time on March 22nd move or start a new thread in the Lotto/Money Games forum and let the madness begin.
Time to discover some hidden talents and a few coo-coo as well. Who, how many you accept, and why is up to you, you are the judge and know what you are looking for in a player.
Auditions are an evil fun part of a game show so take advantage of that, you are free to ask potential player anything in order to prove themselves worthy of joining, but you also only get one round of auditions so filter them properly.
At this point we require you inform us of who your extra judges are.
Auditions will last one week from March 22nd and must end on March 28th at 11:59PM
At the beginning of the week post it in the guild or PM to Teh Paper Bag by March 22nd at 11:59PM

How are you conducting auditions:
How many total contestants are you planing for:
Who will be helping you judge?:

Week Five: Round One
We know at this point you're probably busy and dont have time to type up repeated information, so, for each round simply post it in the guild or PM a link to the Paper Bag by the set dates and include any additional requested information.
Round One will last one week from March 29th at 11:59PM and must end on April 4th at 11:59PM
At the beginning of the week post it in the guild or PM to Teh Paper Bag by March 29th

Link to episode/challenge/round:
How many contestants are starting out:
How many do you expect to eliminate:
Prize for this episode/challenge/round:

Week Six: Round Two
Round Two will last one week from April 6th at 11:59PM and must end on April 12th at 11:59PM
At the beginning of the week
post it in the guild or PM to Teh Paper Bag by April 6th at 11:59PM

Week Seven: Final Round
April 13th at 11:59PM and must end on April 29th at 11:59PM
At the beginning of the week post it in the guild PM to Teh Paper Bag by April 13th at 11:59PM

Your priorities are focused on two:
√ Turn your PMs in on time or post them in the guild on time.
√ Successfully run your game show.
And keep in mind that you are still playing our game and we may throw a twist at you at any time, and you must cope with it.

For you conveiniunce we put together a simple check list of what needs to be turned in:
Week One: Basic game show out-line, due by March 7th at 11:59PM.
Week Two (at the start of week 2): A near complete version of your game show in the test forum, due by March 8th at 11:59PM
Week Two (at the end of week 2): Where are your funds coming from, due by March 13th at 11:59PM
Week Three: What are your plans for the gold, due by March 19th at 11:59PM
Week Four (at the start of week 4): How are you conducting auditions and who are your judges, due by March 22nd at any time
Week Five: Information about the first episode/challenge/round, due by March 29th
Week Six: Information about the second episode/challenge/round, due by April 6th at 11:59PM
Week Seven: Information about the final episode/challenge/round, due by April 13th at 11:59PM
Please do not depend on this list, refer to the original text to make sure you turn in all the requested information.

By the end of this, the one to wow us, the one who makes us think "Huh, That's cool, wish I thought of that, will be 5 million gold richer.

Reality Check
Your Biology professor asked for a 10k word paper on the importance of proper grammar when solving an equation. Also your nana is coming for a looooooooong visit in two hours, she's staying in your room, and can you believe she didn't even bring gifts! How could you nana? Oh and the neighbor's dog had kittens and they are paying you $50 to kitten-sit them for a week, however you don't get a penny if you let any one of the six kittens out of your sight for even a second. This is a game show host's worse nightmare! The unexpected unexpected, and several of them... at the same time! who could have saw that coming... Clearly you're going to be busy busy so you are unable to get on the computer for a week. Sadly your game come has come to a stand still that starts from Sunday, April 15th at 2:00 AM EDT and will end on Sunday, April 22nd at 11:59 PM EDT.
For one week you cannot open your PMs, you cannot answer any questions asked by your players, you are not even allowed to post in your game thread, your guest judges may explain the situation to your players but that's a far as it may go, starting from now your game is at a stand still. Enjoy the time off.

[Introduction][Rules & Staff][Contestants][Current Episode][Reality Checks][Episode Results][Past Episodes][Sides Games/Mini Contests][---][---][---][Past Threads][Links][Waitwut?][Memories]

Episode Results
After a break of a lifetime the contest reconvened at Check In... well, it tried to. Sadly Gaia's housing update made it very difficult, even after everyone swapped houses to Pink's tiny house.

However the after the house swap Check In was kept quite short, with the obvious eliminations, Derrai and TheFemalePhantomhive, occurring quickly. For those who do not know the two aforementioned contestants sadly failed to complete the task at all, which is a great shame, but meant they had to go. Especially as they did not come forwards and explain it, even during the good few weeks the contest was on standstill for.

Moving on from this it was then quickly announced that BOTH of the other teams had won, however internet issues meant our very own xoxKisaxox choose his teams curtain for them. Neither team choose the very extravagant pancakes that would have scored them a whooping 4gg each!! Both team choose a curtain, or a pillar - as Pink's house thought they wanted, however this choice was not actually important as it was revealed that BOTH pillars hid Sealed Envelopes for this month [December 2011]!

The next episode will be up shortly, however not tooooo quickly, due to real life commitments in the lives of both the contestants and the judges.

[Introduction][Rules & Staff][Contestants][Current Episode][Check Ins][Episode Results][Past Episodes][Sides Games/Mini Contests][---][---][---][Past Threads][Links][Waitwut?][Memories]

Past Episodes

Earlier episodes located in the guild.

[Introduction][Rules & Staff][Contestants][Current Episode][Check Ins][Episode Results][Past Episodes][Sides Games/Mini Contests][---][---][---][Past Threads][Links][Waitwut?][Memories]

Minisode?

This is where it all begins, a concept, a name, a design, a simple banner.
If you were running a game show what would you call it? What would it be about?
What would your logo be? What colors? What font? Why are there so many questions?
The task is a little less complex... although putting a lot of thought in is a major plus~ ;) Simply design the header banner (like our's, up in the first post) that you would use in your game show thread, if you were to ever run one for yourself.
No description, no explanation, don't clutter it, and don't over do it.
What would that one header say about YOUR game show.
Make sure you love it because you may be stuck with it for a long time.

PM your header to Teh Paper Bag by 24th at 11:59pm.
Link:

While is IS open to non-contestants we'd LOVE to see what our contestants come up with, and see how their experiences here might effect how they present/title/whatever it.

Past Threads
User Image
User Image

Links

Links In
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[url=http://tinyurl.com/3b5w78f][img]http://tinyurl.com/3oys2da[/img][/url]

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[align=center]
[url=http://tinyurl.com/3b5w78f][img]http://tinyurl.com/44vkuz6[/img][/url][/align]

Links Out

[Introduction][Rules & Staff][Contestants][Current Episode][Reality Check][Episode Results][Past Episodes][Sides Games/Mini Contests][---][---][---][Past Threads][Links][Waitwut?][Memories]
Wait!
You Don't Know About Reality Check!?

Reality Check is Gaia's hottest reality show. Now in its second season, the show is bigger and better with more auditions and higher prizes than ever before! After auditions, each episode will last anywhere from 3 days to 2 weeks, and you will always have a minimum of 24 hours between episodes.

Each episode will focus on a single challenge. The "Challenge" is the main task the contestants will be focusing on for that episode, it can be anything. Examples include Photoshopping, Tekteking, Live Activities [In Towns, Rally, VH, etc.], music, art and many more that are so secret I can't even hint towards their existence!

Another part of the episode is the "REALITY CHECK" this is essentially a curve-ball for the contestants. The REALITY CHECK can be anything from loss of a teammate, to the addition [or subtraction] of criteria [good or bad] from the Challenge.

At the end of the Challenge, the judges [and any guest judges] will do what we do best. JUDGE. After the judging is the LIVE "Check In" [And for one poor contestant its a "Check OUT"] in which we will announce the TOP THREE and the BOTTOM THREE players for the Challenge. At this point we will determine who will be leaving the competition and who was the strongest contestant for the episode.

The winning contestant for the episode will be awarded the CHALLENGE PRIZE, unless s/he decides to take a peek behind one of our curtains. At the Check In, you will notice that there are TWO curtains placed in the room. Curtain Number One and Curtain Number Two. Yes, what original names we have here at Reality Check. Anyways, the winner that round may cast aside his/her prize for whats behind ONE of the two curtains. They could contain ANYTHING at all. Prizes may be worth more/less than the original prize or it may even give the winner a competitive edge in the competition. The worst thing what could happen is RUSSIAN ROULETTE.

In RUSSIAN ROULETTE the contestant will pick a number [1-6] and then I will post a random number [1-6] in the thread using Gaia's random number generator. If the generator lands on the contestant's number, s/he is ELIMINATED from the contest.

But, if you get eliminated [Or don't make it through auditions] You should STAY ACTIVE in the thread. EVERYONE who is active in the thread, has the chance of being added into the competition as a WILD CARD. Well guys, I think thats everything I can tell you for now, so good luck auditioning and I can't wait to see you all on the first episode of REALITY CHECK.

FAQ
▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ ▬▬ ...

Thank You!

Stoplook Gerenuk - Thank you for making the banner to this thread and many others. Also for keeping Gee sane for the entire first season.
Pink, Kisa, and Allmost - Thanks judging along side Gee.

Memories

Hey look! Memories~<3

PinkXxKiss
Froggie Doll
PinkXxKiss
Froggie Doll
Hmmm...
Don't you have a friend who's computor you could borrow, just for moment? xD
Or if it's in a good time in your timezone,
an internet café or library? ;w;
I think we're the only awkward ones this season, Froggie.
To my memory all the rest are in Canada/America. xD;;
[Look Kisa! I put Canada first, just for youuuu~ <3]
Darling, hold me, hold me tightly
The NORMAL ones are creeping in on us ;A; </3
*Clings* D: <3333
User Image

allmostanyone
Ya know what,
whenever in online and talking with you guys, i feel good about myself, i feel liked and loved. now the downside to feeling good about myself is that i want to eat, when i eat i put on weight easily and then im the one who doesnt like myself XD but then i think, i shouldnt fuss about how i look! people like me for me, so im just going to eat this gallon of ice cream and not care! XD

xShawtyZx
So. I was looking back through the guild to see if something I remembered was there or not-- and it is, aaaand it brought along a bit of irony with it xDDD

Episode 2
Several contestants b'awwwwww'd over the length of breaks/challenges. Seriously, if I add more breaks and give more time for the challenges the competition will go on forever. Currently it goes straight into AUGUST. Do you want it to go until December?

Irony: Final Check-in was December 3rd xDDD

GEE, YOU TOTALLY PREDICTED THAT! HOW DO YOU DOOO IIIIT? heart

PinkXxKiss
Crispy Flapjacks
━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

GURL

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━
I REALLY GOT YOU NOW? I GOT YOU SO I CAN'T SLEEP AT NITE?
<3TheKinks

ArrancarYoruichi
A present~ Using a magnetic chalkboard~

User Image

Crispy Flapjacks
THE BEST IMAGE EVER
User Image

Teh Paper Bag

Episode Results
CHECK IN WAS DRAMA. FROG WON. FROG GOT PRIZE. FROG WAS HAPPY. PHANNA LOSE. PHANNA NOT HAPPY.
Temporary write up by Froggie Doll.

Eternal Rebellion
Hello everyone! Here are the pictures from the Episode Three Check-In. If you'd like to have the frame a different color, have the full screencap, or have different text on the bottom- feel free to let me know.

User Image
User Image
User Image
User Image

The first one is my favorite! xD Sorry for the page stretch.

Eternal Rebellion
User Image
User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff