Welcome to Gaia! ::

Original Capitalist

Hello Everyone!

It's that time again! Don’t miss out on the opportunity to become an instant multi-billionaire if you end up in the Winner’s circle!

Prize for this game: 50 Billion Gold

Game Overview

Hosts: JanJiz and Jackalust
Game Mule: Skanknote

If you've played Mafia before, welcome back! And to the new players who are playing, please read the first page carefully! All of the rules and roles will be listed below. If you have any questions please PM Skanknote and we will answer all of your questions!

Basically this is a game of survival and half truths. There are 3 Mafia Factions (some players with and some without special powers) The goal is to be the last Mafia Faction standing. Every round is 24 hours. Once per round everyone votes to put a player in jail, majority vote wins. The person voted off goes to jail and the killer’s victim dies. This is repeated every round until either of the two winning conditions is met:

xxx-- When all players left in the game all belong to 1 Mafia.
xxx-- The Informant finds all 3 Kingpins and chooses to end the game.

The prize money is split between whoever wins. Alliances can be useful in this game, you should start talking to people in the thread and through PM's and come up with some kind of game plan for voting. Please review the game rules (Post 3) and the different special roles (Post 2). In post 4 is the application form to play the game. Please also note that all of your PM's for the game should be sent only to Skanknote.

If you change your username during sign ups please PM T3h Mafia Guild's mule Skanknote with your old and new username. Once the game starts you are not allowed to change your username, doing so will instantly disqualify you.

Original Capitalist

Mafia Roles
There are 3 Mafia Factions >> Minimum of 30 players.

The Mob
The Yakusa
The Cartel

Only 1 Mafia can win. Objective is to kill and get rid of everyone not within the same Mafia faction. It is possible to change Mafia factions, but only if a Kingpin and the person wanting to change to their faction both PM the host with the agreement to betray their current faction. If you have a special role and betray your faction to join a different Mafia Faction, you lose your ability. Last standing Mafia wins unless The Informant finds all three Mafia Kingpins first.

Within each mafia there is:

Kingpin (Killer Role) –

The Kingpin must choose 1 person every round to have killed. If he kills another Kingpin he gains the ability to kill two people the following round. If a killer goes to jail, is disqualified or dies a new killer will be assigned within their mafia.

Lackey (Detective Role)-

Lackey’s will be assigned 1 kingpin of an opposite mafia. They will receive 1 clue every round about their assigned Kingpin Killer. As a one-time ability, the Lackey will set up a player to look like one of the Kingpins and leave him for the cops. The person they set up will go to jail the round that it is used.

The Snitch-

The Snitch has two abilities. 1) They can ask the hosts if a player is part of a certain mafia. 2) They choose a player and ask what their role is. If both abilities are used with in 1 round, The Snitch will have to wait 1 round to be able to use his abilities again.The Snitch can only ask about each player once in the entire game, unless both abilities are used on the same person in one round. A snitch will always appear as a Gangsta and part of a different mafia and to other snitches (Unless affected by the Inside Man).

Ex: Mafia Snitch 1 asks if a player (who happens to be assigned as Snitch #2) is part of their own mafia. The hosts will confirm that the player is in their own mafia even though they are actually the snitch from the 2nd Mafia faction.

The Inside Man-

The Inside Man chooses one player per round to appear as a role of their choice. If the Snitch or Impersonator checks that person they will appear as the role that The Inside man has chosen. If the Snitch or Impersonator uses their ability first on the same player The Inside Man chooses, they will get the correct information. If the chosen player dies or goes to jail they will appear as the Inside Man’s chosen role as well for that round.

The Impersonator-

The Impersonator will choose a player to impersonate. If the 1st player chosen is a Gangsta nothing happens. If that player has a role the Impersonator will then have to choose a 2nd player to use that role on. Remember the Inside man can make someone appear to be a certain role, but what ever their true role is, is what will affect the 2nd player your chose. If the Impersonator successfully impersonates a role, then he will have to wait 2 rounds before they can begin to Impersonate again. You do not have to use the 2nd part of your role if you chose not to, but this will still count as already impersonating them and you will have to wait the 2 rounds before impersonating someone again. Other Impersonator’s will appear as Gangstas to Impersonators. You cannot impersonate the same player more than once.

Medic (Angel Role) –

These are Doctors who are either being bribed or blackmailed into protecting members of their own mafia. The medics can protect 1 player within their own mafia every round. That person cannot die that round unless targeted by their own Kingpin. If the Medic chooses someone to protect and they are not part of their own mafia there is no protection cast. The ability would be wasted that round. If a medic attempts to protect someone outside of their own mafia and that person is targeted and killed, their mafia Kingpin will be notified of their attempted betrayal and the Kingpin will be able to blackmail the medic that following round. The kingpin will then be able to choose who will be protected that round. He could use this protection on himself. This ability is void if the medic has died, gone to jail, or disqualified the same round of the betrayal.

Gangsta -

No special abilities. You do what you need to do to survive within your mafia. You vote every round to send players to jail.

Non Mafia Roles

The Informant –

The Informant does not belong in to any 1 mafia. The Informant has been secretly placed within the tangles of the 3 mafias in order to uncover who the leaders of the mafia are and bring them all down. If he can confirm the current 3 mafia Kingpins within that round, The Informant can chose to end the game at that point and collect the reward for capture of the wanted Kingpins. The informant can only guess once per round on the 3 players they believe are the Kingpins. The hosts will not confirm or deny if any of the players they turn in are correct or wrong, not until all 3 are guessed correctly. Only when all 3 are correct will the Host give the Informant the choice to end the game. (If an entire Mafia faction is out of the game where only 2 Kingpins are left, the Informant will be told that only 2 remain.)

Private Investigator (2)-

A Private Investigator is outside of the Mafia Factions. He choses 1 player per round to follow. If any ability is used on the chosen player then the Private Investigator will know about it and will be told who and what role targeted them. Private Investigators are looking for the killers to get blackmail on them. If a Private Investigator finds a Kingpin (Or someone who appears as a Kingpin) they may chose to join their mafia faction without the Kingpin’s consent. Because the consent is not needed from the Kingpin, the Private Investigator will continue to have his abilities once inside a faction. If the Private Investigator finds another Kingpin when he is already in a faction, he can chose to leave their current faction for the new Kingpin’s faction. The Private Investigator wins only if during the final round he is still in the winning faction.

Disclosure: We reserve the right to modify, remove or add any roles throughout the game. This is only in place in case there is a problem with one of the roles or if something happens during the game that requires a new role to be added or removed.

Original Capitalist

Basic Game Rules

-- You must follow Gaia's ToS.

-- Screenshots of any kind are not allowed in this game, whether it is onsite or offsite. Also no forwarding of any PMs the Host may send you. This also goes for quoting messages that have been sent to you be the Host. It only takes a minute to fake a quote, and 5 minutes to fake a screenshot, so either way it’s not worth getting disqualified for sharing them. If you or anyone is caught sharing screenshots you will be immediately disqualified.

-- Skype and Tiny Chat are allowed for alliances but under no circumstances are you allowed to impersonate any of the Hosts.

-- Mules cannot be used without authorization from the Host. To play this game on a Mule you must ask the Host’s permission before posting your application. Mules are not to be used for two entries into the game or to send PMs to other players; in doing so you will find yourself immediately disqualified.

-- Once a vote is cast it cannot be retracted or altered in any way. If you are caught doing this you will be disqualified. Make sure to put some thought into each action you put into the game.

-- No matter what your role is, please title your PM's to me accordingly (questions, killings, angel protections, etc). Only use the format in the post above to submit your votes. If you don't use it, it will be counted as missing a turn!

-- If you miss more than one round of voting you will be disqualified.

-- Anonymous gifts are allowed and encouraged.

-- You cannot place a vote for yourself, for any reason.

-- Bribes are allowed between players only, do not attempt to bribe the Hosts or you will face disqualification. All bribe attempts must be made by PM to other players. The Hosts love to see game drama and behind the scenes schemes, if you you want, feel free to pm us with what's going on.

-- If there is a split vote, the last person jailed will be the deciding vote. The last jailed person will then have 2 hours after the round ends to break the tie or will forfeit their vote. The Hosts will then RNG for the tie breaker.

-- Any role besides from the killer may choose not to use their powers. If a killer does not submit a kill to me they will be disqualified and the killer will be reassigned by the Host next round.

-- Even if you are killed off or sent to jail you are still allowed to post and chat. There will be opportunities to get back in the game, so stay active and vigilant!

-- If you are confused on an issue and are not sure if something is allowed, please PM the Hosts for further clarification.

Original Capitalist

Fill out the form so you can play!

Also this game will be held in T3h Mafia Guild So if apply to play and are not a memeber of my guild please click and join it right after applying. Thank You!

[quote="Skanknote"][/quote]

[size=24][b]I want to play![/b][/size]

[color=red][b]Username[/b][/color] :
[color=red][b]Nickname[/b][/color] :
[color=red][b]Age[/b][/color] :
[color=red][b]How often and how long do you check Gaia[/b][/color] :
[color=red][b]Have you ever played before? How many?[/b][/color] :
[color=red][b]Why do you want to play?[/b][/color] :
[color=red][b]How would you describe your playing style?[/b][/color] :
[color=red][b]If you are a repeat player, what are your past roles?[/b][/color] :
[color=red][b]Describe yourself in 3 words[/b][/color] :
[color=red][b]Anything else you'd like to share with us?[/b][/color] :

Original Capitalist

List of Players:

DatChanneh
piggyzhou
bloodysword4
Spiders With Tits
Captain tohru honda
Earthbound Lovegoddess
StephyDiane
EphemeraI Bliss
Yami no Sakura
Temperance change v2
lani bebe
foxgirl66
Shilshadu
axuan
Sexual Skittles
123jimmy321
Ryo Kazuka
Noir VII
luzhikari
cutecali9
astrenose
Syrim
jjoseyx
bluekatz1012000
ShadesCreed
Dreaming Over
[ASu]
psychic toaster
Xupra
kim424
Squizelp v2
Starrii
Niccolo Ammaniti

Original Capitalist

Q&A

If you have your own question just quote Skanknote and we will list it here.

Q:If I'm the Medic and I want to protect my friend from dying this round with they be protected from dying?

A:They will only be protected if they are in the same faction as you.

Q:What if my friend is in a different Mafia Faction and I want to win with them?

A:The only way both of you would win together in this case is if you find one your Kingpins and one of you betrays your faction and join the other with the approval of the Kingpin.

Q: What happens if an Impersonator impersonates a Medic?

A: He gains the ability to protect someone, but they can only be within their own mafia faction.

Q: What happens if the Impersonator impersonates a Lackey (Detective)?

A:The Impersonator will only gain the 2nd ability of the Lackey. They will not recieve a clue, but if they truely impersonated a Lackey they will be setting up the second player they choose to look like one of the Kingpins and leave him for the cops, successfully sending them to jail.

Q: Since a Kingpin role will be reasigned until their Entire faction is gone, who will get the Kingpin role if the first Kingpin is out of the game?

A: If the current Kingpin Dies,goes to jail, or gets disqualfied a Gangsta within the Faction will become the new kingpin. If there are no more Gangstas within that faction a randomly selected special role within the faction will be chosen and lose their original abilities to become the new Kingpin of that Faction.

Q: If I'm the Private Investigator and I find a Kingpin can I chose not to join their faction?

A: Yes. You can wait until you find another Kingpin to decide which faction to join. But remember in order to win you must be with the winning faction. If you remain faction-less and the game ends you lose. Also if by chance you find out more than one Kingpin you can chose to jump around within either factions but you must confirm with the host when you want to switch factions. If you decide to switch factions the effects will not take place until the following round. For example if you realize the game is about to end and send a PM to the host stating you want to change factions to the one that is about to win, but the game ends that same round you wont be considered as part of that faction and lose. If the game ends on the following round after you've chosen to switch then you are considered part of that Faction already.
Skanknote

I want to play!

Username : DatChanneh
Nickname : chan/channeh
How often and how long do you check Gaia : too often and too long
Have you ever played before? How many? : yes, 3?
Why do you want to play? : it's fun <u>
How would you describe your playing style? : noob to the max observant
If you are a repeat player, what are your past roles? : citizen, detective, killer
Describe yourself in 3 words : is always lurking lol
Anything else you'd like to share with us? : i've been waiting all summer for this OTL

Starrii's Wife

IRL Bunny

14,250 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Survivor 150
YE BOIIII MAFIA

Godlike Angel

19,750 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
Oh, shoot, I'm not first e.e

Skanknote

I want to play!

Username : piggyzhou
Nickname : biaaatch
How often and how long do you check Gaia : everyday... but I mostly lurk
Have you ever played before? How many? : twice if you count the Zodiac Mafia
Why do you want to play? : because Jack/Jan is awesome
How would you describe your playing style? : idk... half paranoia, half compulsive liar... oh were we not suppose to give ourselves away? bahaha...
If you are a repeat player, what are your past roles? : uuuh Soraka and Cat... sooo protector (?) and reviver role
Describe yourself in 3 words : I like cheese
Anything else you'd like to share with us? : no >.<;

-edit- I just realized I lumped Jack and Jan into one entity through the use of a singular verb "is" lol

Original Capitalist

Starrii's Wife

IRL Bunny

14,250 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Survivor 150
piggyzhou
im so happy youre playing! heart

Godlike Angel

19,750 Points
  • Winged 100
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Wing Mastery 100
Jackalust
piggyzhou
I'm happy you guys are hosting, again! Your roles are always unique, so I'll have to really pay attention emotion_yatta

Obsessive Detective

12,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
piggyzhou
Jackalust
piggyzhou
I'm happy you guys are hosting, again! Your roles are always unique, so I'll have to really pay attention emotion_yatta

we always try to keep the games interesting and new. This game is going to be pretty intense i think ^_^

Newbie Elder

Skanknote

I want to play!

Username :bloodysword4
Nickname :bloody
How often and how long do you check Gaia : everyday, multiplie times. sometimes very little but most of the time for an hour or two.
Have you ever played before? How many? : yes i have, don't remember
Why do you want to play? : I love mafia games
How would you describe your playing style? : pretty pradictable to some....some...
If you are a repeat player, what are your past roles? : i've had killer once, and a lawyer, but mostly just regular people
Describe yourself in 3 words : tired, gamer, student
Anything else you'd like to share with us? :
Happy that another game is here!

Obsessive Detective

12,850 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff