Welcome to Gaia! ::

What do you think happened?
What are your theories?

I personally think, that they all died on the plane, and
were indeed in some kind of purgatory of some sort.
Its pretty crazy, im not sure.
Especially with the final scene when they go back to the original wreckage.

Perhaps, they all had to go through a trial, before "leaving" the island.

Anxious Star

13,325 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Hellraiser 500
It said that everything that happened on the island happened. The sideways (where they all were back on the plane) was showing how they all had to meet again because they were all important to each other. This part was like limbo and after they all met, they were able to move on.

6,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
I think it was stupid.. and Sawyer and Kate didn't end up together.
Well, I'm more peeved with the fact that Jack/Kate happened. I'm glad he died.
The final scene was the plane that the pilot, Richard, Claire, Sawyer, Kate, and that asian guy were on. Like, it exploded. Before they could leave.

I think that they all died eventually, like at the end Jack died, and the "parallel" thing was sort of like their way of finding each other, remembering, and making peace with the way everything turned out.

I'm so sad that it ended. I feel like my best friends have all died. DD:
Polka dotted handgrenade

It said that everything that happened on the island happened. The sideways (where they all were back on the plane) was showing how they all had to meet again because they were all important to each other. This part was like limbo and after they all met, they were able to move on.

I do recall them saying that.
But even then, they are all dead?
I'm pretty sure that they lived on the island and never died during the plane crash, because in those shots of the wreckage during the credits you could see footprints, but they had all died when they were in the sideways universe, and needed each other to help realize that they were indeed dead and to achieve enlightenment.

Loved Sawyer and Juliet reunited too. "We should get coffee." "The machine just took my last dollar..."
i find lost VERY confusing...then again, it is called "lost" for a reason
iFurritus
The final scene was the plane that the pilot, Richard, Claire, Sawyer, Kate, and that asian guy were on. Like, it exploded. Before they could leave.

I think that they all died eventually, like at the end Jack died, and the "parallel" thing was sort of like their way of finding each other, remembering, and making peace with the way everything turned out.

I'm so sad that it ended. I feel like my best friends have all died. DD:

I didnt think of that!!
Because there was explosives wired through out the plane right!?!?!

It makes sense!
sirocca
i find lost VERY confusing...then again, it is called "lost" for a reason

Then dont post rolleyes
Seriously, whats the point in even walking into a thread
when you know nothing on the subject.
x Nefertari

I agree 100% xD

6,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
HitanChiyu III
x Nefertari

I agree 100% xD

Thank god. You don't happen to be a Kate fan, do you? I don't like her or Jack in general >_>
x Nefertari
HitanChiyu III
x Nefertari

I agree 100% xD

Thank god. You don't happen to be a Kate fan, do you? I don't like her or Jack in general >_>

My favorite were sawyer, sun, and jin :/
I was always alot more of Locke fan though.
when it came to Jack vs Locke atleast.

6,900 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
HitanChiyu III
x Nefertari
HitanChiyu III
x Nefertari

I agree 100% xD

My favorite were sawyer, sun, and jin :/
I was always alot more of Locke fan though.
when it came to Jack vs Locke atleast.

Favorites..
Sawyer, Sun/Jin, Eko, Michael, Walt, Locke. I liked Charlie too.
8D I don't think there are any Jack fans.
I've been thinking a lot about the ending too. The way that I reconcile the flash-sideways with the actual events is that the flash sideways is an after-life. You know those children's books where the main character is stuck in a day and has to keep repeating it over an over until he gets it "right"? Like that. The characters are doomed to repeat their lives over and over until they get it right. What happened on the island was the life in which they got it right, and so they are allowed to move on to the flash sideways life. In the flash-sideways life, they need to remember their past life before being allowed to move on.

A lot of my interpretation is based off Buddhist concepts like rebirth. Them remembering their past lives is getting rid of their ignorance.

Characters like Michael, who is stuck on the island, are not present in the flash sideways. Ana Lucia was "not ready" to learn about her past life--maybe she didn't do the "right" things on the island. Ben remembered, but then chose not to go into the white light. I think you can choose not to become enlightened, because he says he isn't ready. Desmond was the one who enlightened everyone.

Jack's father says that time does not exist in that world, and that it was something they created so they could find each other again. So maybe that world didn't start until they were all dead.
Christabelle
I've been thinking a lot about the ending too. The way that I reconcile the flash-sideways with the actual events is that the flash sideways is an after-life. You know those children's books where the main character is stuck in a day and has to keep repeating it over an over until he gets it "right"? Like that. The characters are doomed to repeat their lives over and over until they get it right. What happened on the island was the life in which they got it right, and so they are allowed to move on to the flash sideways life. In the flash-sideways life, they need to remember their past life before being allowed to move on.

A lot of my interpretation is based off Buddhist concepts like rebirth. Them remembering their past lives is getting rid of their ignorance.

Characters like Michael, who is stuck on the island, are not present in the flash sideways. Ana Lucia was "not ready" to learn about her past life--maybe she didn't do the "right" things on the island. Ben remembered, but then chose not to go into the white light. I think you can choose not to become enlightened, because he says he isn't ready. Desmond was the one who enlightened everyone.

Jack's father says that time does not exist in that world, and that it was something they created so they could find each other again. So maybe that world didn't start until they were all dead.

I would say that Michael probably felt too guilty to move on.
And the way Ana Lucia died, was probably the reason she cant move on.
maybe idk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces