Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Flatterer 200
  • Autobiographer 200
But in the last supper picture llana is sitting near claire which as you know is evil and llana is on jacob's side. I don't think where they are sitting is the problem but other parts of the photo. like who they might be looking at.
NUTRITIOUS ZOMBIE FOOD
I'm leaning towards them either being a package deal, or it being their daughter, Ji Yeon.

On the Package Deal Theory: Jacob touched both Sun and Jin at their wedding and told them not to take one another, or their love, for granted. Since weddings are usually seen as unions of two lives joining together as one, symbolically they could be seen as the same person. Then again, part of me also believes that they're Adam and Eve. The two bodies were found in a Sun-centric episode. They were also seperated, which Sun and Jin have been several times throughout the series (most notably when Jin was sent back to the 1970s and more recently when Jin found himself with Somkey and Sun with the remnants of Jacob's followers). The black and white stones - Yin and Yang, an Eastern philosophical concent.

tl; dr: I don't think they're going to end up being the island's new protectors, but I do think they'll play a huge part in the events to come.

On the Yi Yeon Theory: Children are obviously a big deal on the Island, especially considering that women who conceive on the island almost always die. The exception to this rule? Sun and Jin's daughter. She was the only child to be conceived on the island who actually survived, and since her name is also Kwon, part of me believes that Jacob is saving her for when she will make the biggest impact. Knowing the writers, it seems like exactly the sort of thing they would do.

God, I need to stop theorizing.

Interesting. I vote the kid.

Eloquent Explorer

7,850 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Lucky4193
But in the last supper picture llana is sitting near claire which as you know is evil and llana is on jacob's side. I don't think where they are sitting is the problem but other parts of the photo. like who they might be looking at.
This.

Seeing as it's based on DaVinci's Last Supper, which was all about the subjects expressions and actions and less about where they were sitting, that's what we should be looking for.
Assuming they did it right.
NUTRITIOUS ZOMBIE FOOD
I'm leaning towards them either being a package deal, or it being their daughter, Ji Yeon.

On the Package Deal Theory: Jacob touched both Sun and Jin at their wedding and told them not to take one another, or their love, for granted. Since weddings are usually seen as unions of two lives joining together as one, symbolically they could be seen as the same person. Then again, part of me also believes that they're Adam and Eve. The two bodies were found in a Sun-centric episode. They were also seperated, which Sun and Jin have been several times throughout the series (most notably when Jin was sent back to the 1970s and more recently when Jin found himself with Somkey and Sun with the remnants of Jacob's followers). The black and white stones - Yin and Yang, an Eastern philosophical concent.

tl; dr: I don't think they're going to end up being the island's new protectors, but I do think they'll play a huge part in the events to come.

That's what bothers me the most about the Kwon candidacy. I hate the idea that a married couple is considered one entity ( or "one flesh" ) simply because they're married. They each have different personalities which means they each have something different to bring to the Island. I don't think they're interchangeable.

The concept of Yin and Yang when applied to marriage leaves me with the sense that a person is incomplete or imbalanced without their Yin or Yang - Yin being tranquil femininity and Yang being aggressive masculinity. If they're a packaged deal, does this mean they're incapable of ruling by themselves? Do they need each other in order to be competent rulers? That idea bothers me and I hope they don't take that route.

I don't know what to make of Adam and Eve, but you bring up a good point about the Sun-centric episode. Maybe it was a bit of foreshadowing. That would be extremely sad, though...
NUTRITIOUS ZOMBIE FOOD

On the Yi Yeon Theory: Children are obviously a big deal on the Island, especially considering that women who conceive on the island almost always die. The exception to this rule? Sun and Jin's daughter. She was the only child to be conceived on the island who actually survived, and since her name is also Kwon, part of me believes that Jacob is saving her for when she will make the biggest impact. Knowing the writers, it seems like exactly the sort of thing they would do.

God, I need to stop theorizing.
i like the show also i like it when rose is lost lol idk what im saying because i never watched it
Or maybe that makes her the only real one that CAN become the new jacob.
When Jacob touched Jin and Sun, it was at their wedding, and he made a comment about their love. And then later, Sun cheated with Mr Bald Asian. That makes me think Jin was the candidate.

Dapper Entrepreneur

5,300 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
Also, Sun became a mother. So Jacob probably wouldn't have her as a candidate because of that. That's why Kate's name was crossed off in the cave, she became a mother too.

Smol Cutie-Pie

24,590 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
[Red_Angel]
Also, Sun became a mother. So Jacob probably wouldn't have her as a candidate because of that. That's why Kate's name was crossed off in the cave, she became a mother too.

Kristen confirmed that on E Online. Jin was the Kwon Candidate because Sun became a mother.
[Red_Angel]

Kate: Why did you cross my name off of your wall?
Jacob: Because you became a mother. It's just a line of chalk in a cave. The job is yours if you want it, Kate

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff