Welcome to Gaia! ::

wakusei
Jinglefruit
I would agree with wakusei, but there was an interveiw with the developers on TV recently, and they state. "There is no alternate reality and the story all fits into one timeline."

So I have to disagree with there being an alternate time where the island is underwater. Though what this means I have no idea.

On the official podcasts they simply state that the sideways are not alternate because calling them so suggests the sideways isn't "real" or as important as the Island timeline. They want to let us know that the two timelines are connected somehow.

I haven't heard anything about only one timeline. Where did you hear that exactly?

I'm not sure exactly where I heard it, I avidly watch so many Lost related things and interveiws it's all kinda blended together into whatever information I could gather. (I'm not bothered by what the actors are doing, it's the people that they're playing that are interesting. xD)

Though putting more though into it, There is nothing saying the Island exists in the present time, it can travel back and fourth anyway.Maybe these two sideways worlds are 10 years apart to fit onto 1 timeline anyway.

10,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
For anyone who hasn't read it yet, you might enjoy this interview: http://popwatch.ew.com/2010/02/02/lost-premiere-damon-carlton/
It doesn't answer many questions, but it does focus on both the parallel universe and the island being underwater.

[I don't think this counts as a spoiler, but just in case...] I hadn't realized about sideways Kate's botched murder attempt until I read that interview! surprised [/something that's probably not major enough to be a spoiler]
I think that Jacob helped them escape! Or the new jacob anyway. his name would be Sawyer. anyoe think evangeline lily ishot?

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
Jinglefruit
I would agree with wakusei, but there was an interveiw with the developers on TV recently, and they state. "There is no alternate reality and the story all fits into one timeline."

So I have to disagree with there being an alternate time where the island is underwater. Though what this means I have no idea.

On the official podcasts they simply state that the sideways are not alternate because calling them so suggests the sideways isn't "real" or as important as the Island timeline. They want to let us know that the two timelines are connected somehow.

I haven't heard anything about only one timeline. Where did you hear that exactly?

7,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
I think that everyone on the island is gonna find a way to make it so the events on the island never happened and then the flashes to the future are what happened because of that. Then they'll remember about the island and live happily ever after... or so :l
!D

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
If Dr. Chang called for an evacuation in a timeline where Sayid was not there to shoot Ben and have him taken to the Others, then there's no reason to not believe Roger and Ben were evacuated with everyone else.
It probably means that whatever power the Swan station had was holding the island above water. Now every now and again the island might sink. Which is why the plane didn't crash.

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
Owl Shinobi
wakusei
Theory:

In the Island timeline, they crashed and then later went back in time to prevent them from ever crashing. This attempt at prevention is called "The Incident" yes? But it didn't stop them from crashing, and their timeline continued on. Juliet hit the bomb and it flashed them to 2007. In 1977, it caused the DI to create the Swan Station that later would be responsible for Flight 815 crashing

But, in this sideways timeline, they never crashed. So this Incident was not caused by Juliet detonating a bomb because she never would have time traveled because 815 never crashed. So, the Incident in this other timeline happened when the DI dug too deep into the pocket of electromagnetic energy. Dr. Chang foresaw the danger, and evacuated the Island. He himself was even able to get off the Island before the pocket caused an implosion and "sunk" the Island.

In the alternate timeline, the island was sunk before the DI, seeing as Ben was on the island during the Dharma Initiative and was taken by the Others before the "Incident", so he would of gone down with it.
Lavdem virtvtis

Ben and his dad were on the Island, but left for some reason. His dad even mentions it in Dr. Linus.

necessitati damvs
Lol, its kinda awesome how lost is so strange and confusing like that biggrin but sometimes it can get annoying. But if the island imploded, nothing would be left of it right?
wakusei
Theory:

In the Island timeline, they crashed and then later went back in time to prevent them from ever crashing. This attempt at prevention is called "The Incident" yes? But it didn't stop them from crashing, and their timeline continued on. Juliet hit the bomb and it flashed them to 2007. In 1977, it caused the DI to create the Swan Station that later would be responsible for Flight 815 crashing

But, in this sideways timeline, they never crashed. So this Incident was not caused by Juliet detonating a bomb because she never would have time traveled because 815 never crashed. So, the Incident in this other timeline happened when the DI dug too deep into the pocket of electromagnetic energy. Dr. Chang foresaw the danger, and evacuated the Island. He himself was even able to get off the Island before the pocket caused an implosion and "sunk" the Island.

In the alternate timeline, the island was sunk before the DI, seeing as Ben was on the island during the Dharma Initiative and was taken by the Others before the "Incident", so he would of gone down with it.

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
Theory:

The underwater island is what the future was going to be for the island but the directors decided to change it. and and and I met Hurley in real life once he was super cool and he gave me a lollipop and I know a set designer for the show.

Dapper Vampire

6,950 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Tycoon 200
Isn't it just the island's location in the sideways world?
For all of u guys that remember the first first episode of this 6th and final season, i want to know what your opinion is on the underwater island scene. Do you think there is any significance to it, if so, how will it be introduced again? I'm one of those people Lost, with Lost, so please help me with your thoughts and opinions biggrin thanx guys.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff