Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dapper Codger

He is the only reliable character.

I nominate him the new Jacob, just because he is laid back, fun and he can talk to dead people. Lost should give him a break from the bad luck and let him rule the land!

Long live Hurley! smile

Sugary Elder

yap ive said from the beginning hes like the only genuine character on the show

besides maybe charlie and miles but still they cant compare to him in that aspect >:}
i have absolute faith in Jack smile
Hurley could be Richard's replacement? My wild guess.
Hypi

What world are you in? Jack is emotionally unstable and ******** everything up whenever he gets the chance to. He's also stubborn and won't listen to anyone but himself.
My favorite characters are Faraday, Charlie, Juliet, Desmond, and Hurley. Since everyone is gone and Hurley is the only awesome character left, I have to agree.
courtnooo
Hypi

What world are you in? Jack is emotionally unstable and ******** everything up whenever he gets the chance to. He's also stubborn and won't listen to anyone but himself.

ahh but now he's on the right path

at least, the Jacob path

and Jacob seems like a nice fellow...

Angelic Blob

I always liked Hurley
but sometimes he acts too standoffish.

Friendly Phantom

7,400 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Generous 100
Jack is way to serious! Hurley would be the best choice to run the Island. Is he the one that came up with playing golf on the island? It's been so long now I can't remember.
Anyway, my vote would be for Hurley. He's funny and very laid back. We've had way to much drama on the show.

Dapper Genius

I can picture him winning xD

Prophet

Hurley is definitely my favorite candidate.

Dapper Codger

Bunai

but sometimes he acts too standoffish.

I don't remember him being stand off-ish. The only reason I can think were he wasn't open and accepting was if he talked to a dead guy or he was afraid he was going to have his bad luck ruin everything. Overall, he has always been concerned with their welfare.

CoffeeSip
Hurley could be Richard's replacement? My wild guess.

As long as he doesn't die I'm good with that. It could work out that way, but I guess if he doesn't become Jacob, that would be a good runner up position.

Hypi
ahh but now he's on the right path

at least, the Jacob path

and Jacob seems like a nice fellow...

Yeah. That's true. But honestly I can see Kate persuading Jack not to do it. They run off to be mortals and die in some cave. stare

He is a nice guy but he really wants a normal life. And I could totally see him hand it away to someone better qualified- like Hurley. smile
Hurley is too nice and awesome a guy for me to wish becoming the new Jacob on. Something tells me that taking over for Jacob, while being a position of some power, is rather a job nobody truly wants. I think it would crush Hurley's spirit. I'm hoping he gets to go home or something.

Jack sorta almost deserves it. It would sort of complete his tragic arc to wind up as the new Jacob with all that self loathing responsibility and loneliness. Mebbe even pit Sawyer as the new MiB. ;3 Aren't they just about destined to be each other's nemesis? heh
But would you really want Hurley to be the new Jacob?
Hurley is awesome, I love Hurley. But guarding the island sounds like a crappy job. He is the only character that actually has family that cares about him back home. Now that he knows he can see dead people, and that he's not crazy, I don't know why he would feel the need to check himself in to an asylum again.

Dapper Codger

Yeah but so does the Kwon family. They have a baby waiting for them. Since Claire is crazy, Kate needs to step up and be a mom. I mean he isn't the only one with ties back home.

Anyways I'm sure that the Jacob role is hard and taxing but Hurley takes everything in stride. There hasn't been a thing he didn't work out or overcome in the end. And unlike coughjackcough other characters, he lets the past go. He doesn't dwell on it.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff