Total Votes:[ 86 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
"Ab Aeterno Discussion"

Tonight the 9th hour of season 6 airs. Feel free to discuss the episode here before it airs, while it's airing, and afterwards.

AFTER 9:00PM EST THIS THREAD WILL NOT BE SAFE AGAINST SPOILERS.
So please proceed with caution.

Please try to not spoil those who have not seen tonight's episode in other threads until after tonight. Keep discussion here for the time being!
You're on a roll in this forum, heh heh
I'll try to get some discussion going.

1) Richard was extremely afraid of MIB when he realized who he was. What do you think MIB did to make him so fearful? Could it have given Jacob the opportunity to recruit Richard? (He's kind of sneaky like that...)

2) Nestor is Hispanic/Latino. I know it's a huge stretch, but Jorge (Hurley) and Michelle (Ana Lucia) are also Hispanic/Latino in real life and in the show. What if they do the same with Richard? I'm Hispanic myself so it's just a bit of wishful thinking, plus I'd like to hear some of his Spanish
xp
will Richard have an accent at all?

something that confuses me is that, when Jacob and his enemy were sat on the beach having that conversation, they both had modern American accents, which is weird considering the time it was supposed to be set. (when was that?)
Do you mean an authentic Spanish accent? He's fluent in real life. If you mean the other way around, I think it would be interesting to hear, haha.

I think they use modern accents a lot of the time so they can bypass subtitles or any confusion. We have to suspend our disbelief a little bit. I think the Black Rock arrived at the Island some time in the 18th century, but I'm not 100% sure.
Think the main reason for the American accent is the American audience of Lost. They should be speaking in some ancient language or at least english with a colonial accent, but that would be alienating to the core target group of the show.
Ab Aeterno- Latin: From the eternal; From "the everlasting" or "the eternity"; From time immortal, since the beginning of time, or from an infinitely remote time in the past. In theology, often indicates something, such as the universe, that was created outside of time

WOOT! Anyone else excited to hear a little Richard backstory? xd
Lord knows I am!
richarrd centric der dee der stressed
I think it could also mean that the Man In Black & Jacob or the light versus dark situation has always existed on the Island... ninja
maybe Jacob and his enemy are from the future eek

although, unlikely

but i think the audience of Lost need a little credit: they could certainly handle a single scene of subtitles
@Savat, I hadn't thought of it that way. That's certainly something to think about.

Gambino Fatcat

14,800 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
Doc Jensen said there'd be "a lot of reading this week" on Totally Lost, so I take that to mean tonight will have subtitles. We'll see!
wakusei
Doc Jensen said there'd be "a lot of reading this week" on Totally Lost, so I take that to mean tonight will have subtitles. We'll see!

Seriously...?!

I'm even more excited now
whee

Krule Keke's Significant Otter

Apocalyptic Rogue

41,915 Points
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Abomination 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
i stole your pants
wakusei

Seriously...?!

I'm even more excited now
whee
Lavdem virtvtis

Oh for the love of all things unholy and evil...I so hope so

necessitati damvs
i REALLY want Desmond to appear soon

maybe he's the REAL person who's coming to the island. maybe Jacob wasn't talking about Widmore at all. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff