Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gandalf: Theoden King stands alone.
Eomer: Not alone. Rohirrim! TO THE KING!!!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Theoden: So much death. What can men do against such reckless hate?
Aragorn: Ride out with me. Ride out and meet them.
Theoden: For death and glory.
Aragorn: For Rohan. For your people.
Theoden: The Horn of Helm Hammerhand will sound in the deep, one last time!

Treebeard: Hroom, hm, come, my friends. The Ents are going to war. It is likely that we go to our doom. The last march of the Ents.

Frodo: I can see the Shire. The Brandywine River. Bag End. The Lights in the Party Tree.
Sam: Rosie Cotton dancing. She had ribbons in her hair. If ever I were to marry someone, it would have been her. It would have been her.
Frodo: I'm glad to be with you, Samwise Gamgee, here at the end of all things.

Theoden: Arise! Arise, Riders of Theoden! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day... a red day... ere the sun rises! Ride now!... Ride now!... Ride! Ride to ruin and the world's ending! Death! Death! Death! Forth Eorlingas!

Aragorn: For Frodo.

Aragorn: Hold your ground, hold your ground! Sons of Gondor, of Rohan, my brothers! I see in your eyes the same fear that would take the heart of me. A day may come when the courage of men fails, when we forsake our friends and break all bonds of fellowship, but it is not this day. An hour of woes and shattered shields, when the age of men comes crashing down! But it is not this day! This day we fight! By all that you hold dear on this good Earth, I bid you *stand, Men of the West!*

hmm yes, that's all that can come to my head!
In the Two Towers film.

Sam: It's very special, that. It's the best salt in all the Shire.

Frodo: It is special. It's a little bit of home.
It is mine to give to whom I will. Like my heart.
- Arwen

All you have to do is to decide what to do with the time given to you.
- Gandalf

Greedy Seeker

5,800 Points
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100

Does this count as a faveorite line? I think so
"Now for rath, now for ruin, and a red dawn!!"
My appologies, but I cannot pick just one favorite line. I have many and from each film. I also have a few lines from the books I found memorable.

From the first book/film.

Boromir's parting words in the first film which closely follow the book.

Also from the first book.

"Your lucky I'm the real Strider."

Strider: "And who then? A fat old Brewer who only remembers his name because people shout it at him all day?"

Strider had so many witty lines before he was refferred to as Aragorn by Tolkien.

And Tom Bombadil's songs. I often find myself singing "Tom Bombabadilo".

Gandalf's: "Fly, you fools." just before he falls to his death.

From the second book/film.

Legolas: "The White Wizard approaches." and his realization as he shouts "Mithrandir!"

Also Gandalf's entire story in the book of his battle with the Balrog.

In the third film.

When Gandalf and Aragorn are discussing Frodo in the third film.

Aragorn: "What does your heart tell you?"

This line touched my heart. It was so sincere and full of hope.

Also

Eowen: "I am no Man."
heart heart heart heart

Arwen: Do you remember when we first met?
Aragorn: I thought I had wandered into a dream.
Arwen: Long years have passed. You did not have the cares you carry now. Do you remember what I told you?
Aragorn: You said you'd bind yourself to me, forsaking the immortal life of your people.
Arwen: And to that I hold. I would rather share one lifetime with you than face all the ages of this world alone.
Arwen: I choose a mortal life.
[hands him her pendant]
Aragorn: You cannot give me this.
Arwen: It is mine to give to whom I will. Like my heart.
themanyfacesofjester123

Does this count as a faveorite line? I think so

LOL! rofl

6,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
omg i can't believe no one has put in "My precious!" that is said by gollum. that is the like the most repeated line for all history of the lord of the rings! another good line is Pippen: Anyway you need people of intelligence on this sort of mission... quest...thing. Merry: Well that rules you out Pip. (few lines later) Pippen: Great. Where are we going?
ahh best lines in the fellowship of the ring!

Eloquent Streaker

I remember these lines from the movie, so they're not exactly like the books, obviously.

"Fool of a Took! Throw yourself in next time, and rid us of your stupidity!"
- Gandalf speaking to Pippin in Kazad-dum (Moria)

"Do not stand between the Nazgul and his prey."
"I will kill you if you touch him!"
"Fool. No living man can kill me."
"I am no man."
- the Witch-King of Angmar and Eowyn on the Fields of Pelennor

"Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day, a red day, and the sun rises! Ride now! Ride for ruin, and the world's ending! DEATH!"
- Theoden to the Rohirrim, on the Fields of Pelennor

"Leave now, and never come back."
"What did you say?"
Leave now, and never come back!"
No!"
Leave now, and never come back!"
NO!"
"LEAVE NOW, AND NEVER COME BACK!"
"We told him to go away, and away he goes, Preciousss! Gone, gone, gone! Smeagol is FREE!"
- Smeagol/Gollum arguing with himself

"What's he doing?! Stupid fat hobbits, he ruins it!"
"What's to ruin? There's hardly any meat on 'em. What we need's a few good taters."
"What's taters, Precious?"
"Po-ta-toes. Boil 'em, mash 'em, stick 'em in a stew. Lovely big, golden chips with a nice piece of fried fish.... Even you couldn't say no to that."
"Oh yes we could! Spoiling nice fish. Give it to us raw, and w-w-w-riggling! You keep nasty chips."
- Smeagol and Sam

"The way is shut. It was made by those who are dead, and the dead keep it. The way is shut."
- Legolas, before entering the Paths of the Dead

Fashionable Explorer

5,700 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
The Battle of the Pelennor Fields was pretty much my favorite chapter in the entire series, and the first time I ever read it, being in public and unable to control my own emotional reactions, I got a few strange looks. In the book, when Éowyn disguises herself and rides into battle, you don't get a clear look at her like you do in the movie.
Tolkien kind of glosses over her helping Merry by just mentioning that Merry notices the soldier with whom he's riding is smaller than other soldiers, but again, they're riding to their deaths, so he doesn't dwell on it.
It's not until later, when she rips the helmet off her head to face down the Witch-king that you realize that it's definitely HER. I was so shocked that I gasped out loud...and got stared at by people sitting around me. Favorite scene ever:

Éowyn: But no living man am I! You look upon a woman. Éowyn I am, Éomund’s daughter. You stand between me and my lord and kin. Begone, if you be not deathless! For living or dark undead, I will smite you, if you touch him.

EVER.
in the secind movie (sorry never read the books but heard they were good!) Leggalis (did i spell that rite?) after taking down the whole elephant the dworf goes "still only counts as one!" because they were competative to see how many they could kill haha
smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile smile biggrin smile biggrin
scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream scream evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil evil

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games