Welcome to Gaia! ::

7,650 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • The Perfect Setup 150
Gimili:Toss me
Aragon: What?
Gimili: I cant make the jump so youll have to toss me!
One more thing!
Aragon: ?
Gimili: Dont tell the elf.
Aragon: Not a word.

9,875 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
I wish the ring had never come to me.........I wish none of this had happened............so do all who live to see such times..........it's what to do with the time that is given........

I can't carry it for you..........but I can carry you

will you look into the well..........what will I see........even the wisest cannot tell.......
ladymoonscar9828
when gandalf says; "death is just another path, one that we all must take. the dark veil of this world rolls back and all turns to silver glass...and then you see it. white shores and beyond a far greener country than any of this world."
it makes me feel better about dying.

This is by far my favourite as well, beautiful.

Second is Aragorn's speech outside the Black Gate which someone else posted smile
It is not up to us to choose our time. It is up to us to choose what to do with the time that we have wink
Takako_Uchiha
Gimili:Toss me
Aragon: What?
Gimili: I cant make the jump so youll have to toss me!
One more thing!
Aragon: ?
Gimili: Dont tell the elf.
Aragon: Not a word.

This one... that's the first thing that came to my mind when I saw this thread... mrgreen

Greedy Seeker

Jonathancrim
The ending Credits

Greedy Seeker

For the time being, just look down to see my favorite lines!

Greedy Seeker

ladymoonscar9828
when gandalf says; "death is just another path, one that we all must take. the dark veil of this world rolls back and all turns to silver glass...and then you see it. white shores and beyond a far greener country than any of this world."
it makes me feel better about dying.

Ya I like that one too. Here is the full version just cause I am a Lord of the Rings nut.

Pippin: I didn't think it would end this way.
Gandalf: End? No, the journey doesn't end here. Death is just another path... One that we all must take. The grey rain-curtain of this world rolls back, and all turns to silver glass... And then you see it.
Pippin: What? Gandalf?... See what?
Gandalf: White shores... and beyond, a far green country under a swift sunrise.
Pippin: [smiling] Well, that isn't so bad.
Gandalf: [softly] No... No it isn't.

Greedy Seeker

wentshoeshopping
I can't carry it for you..........but I can carry you

Sam: Do you remember the Shire, Mr. Frodo? It'll be spring soon. And the orchards will be in blossom. And the birds will be nesting in the hazel thicket. And they'll be sowing the summer barley in the lower fields... and eating the first of the strawberries with cream. Do you remember the taste of strawberries?
Frodo: No, Sam. I can't recall the taste of food... nor the sound of water... nor the touch of grass. I'm... naked in the dark, with nothing, no veil... between me... and the wheel of fire! I can see him... with my waking eyes!
Sam: Then let us be rid of it... once and for all! Come on, Mr. Frodo. I can't carry it for you... but I can carry you!
I love a lot of the phrases, but one of my friends and I love quoting the "Final Count," found in the extended Two Towers.

Legolas: Final count- forty-two.
Gimli: Forty-two? Well, that's not bad for a pointy-ear Elvish princeling. I, myself, am sitting pretty on forty-three.
(Legolas shoots the Orc that Gimli is sitting on.)
Legolas: Forty-three
Gimli: He was already dead.
Legolas: He was twitching.
Gimli: He was twitching because he's got my axe embedded in his nervous system!

Greedy Seeker

Gandalf: Fool of a took! Next time throw yourself in and rid us of your stupidity!

Frodo: Sam...
Sam: Alright... we don't have that much left. You go ahead and eat that, Mr. Frodo. I've rationed it... there should be enough left.
Frodo: For what?
Sam: The journey home.

Gandalf: Lord Denethor is Boromir's father. To bring him news of his beloved son's death would be most unwise. And don't mention Frodo or the ring. And say nothing of Aragorn either. In fact, it's best if you don't speak at all, Peregrin Took.

Sam: N-nothing important. That is, I heard a good deal about a ring, and a dark lord, and something about the end of the world, but please, Mr. Gandalf, sir, don't hurt me. Don't turn me into anything... unnatural.

Gondorian Soldier 1: The beacon! The beacon of Amon Din is lit.
Gandalf: Hope is kindled.

[Aragorn readies to take the Paths of the Dead. He leads his horse towards the entrance and passes by Gimli, who stops him]
Gimli: Where do you think you're going?
Aragorn: Not this time Gimli. This time you must stay.
[Legolas walks up to them, leading his horse]
Legolas: Have you learned nothing of the stubbornness of dwarves?
Gimli: You may as well accept it. We're going with you, laddy.

Bilbo: Tell me again, lad... where are we going?
Frodo: To the harbor, Bilbo. The elves have accorded you a special honor; a place on the last ship to leave Middle Earth.
Bilbo: Frodo... Any chance of seeing that old ring again? Hmm? The one I gave you?
Frodo: I'm sorry, uncle... I'm afraid I lost it.
Bilbo: Oh... Pity. Should have liked to have held it one last time.

Pippin: [pulls sword from scabbard] So I imagine this is just a... ceremonial possession? I mean, they don't actually expect me to do any fighting... Do they?

Merry, Pippin: You can search far and wide. You can drink the whole town dry. But you'll never find a beer so brown as the one we drink in our hometown. You can drink your fancy ales. You can drink them by the flagon. But the only brew for the brave and tru-u-u-ue comes from the Green Dragon!

Frodo: We set out to save the Shire, Sam. And it has been saved... But not for me.
Sam: [weeping] You don't mean that. You can't leave.
Frodo: [hands Sam the Red Book] The last pages are for you, Sam.

[Frodo drinks the last drops of water from Sam's waterskin]
Frodo: There'll be none left for the return journey.
Sam: I don't think there will be a return journey, Mr. Frodo.

Faramir: Your bodyguard? [points at Sam]

Sam: His gardener.

Legolas: [Reading the inscription over the cave] The way is shut. It was made by those who are dead, and the dead keep it. The way is shut.
Aragorn: I do not fear death.
[He goes in, followed by Legolas]
Gimli: Well this is a thing unheard of! An Elf will go underground, when a Dwarf dare not! Oh, I'd never hear the end of it!

Frodo: It's gone! It's done!
Sam: Yes, Mr. Frodo. It's over now.
Frodo: I can see the Shire. The Brandywine River. Bag End. Gandalf's fireworks, the lights, the party tree.
Sam: Rosie Cotton dancing. She had ribbons in her hair. If ever I was to marry someone... it would have been her. It would have been her!
Frodo: I'm glad to be with you, Samwise Gamgee, here at the end of all things.

Sorry, I know it is long but, I really like these lines!!!
Here is a music video thing I found

5,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Voter 100
it's when gandalf tells pippin about death. i can't fully remember what he said, but i will always remember it. cry

2,950 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50
i have 2
sams speech at the end of two towers
and gandalf in Moria in fellowship

8,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Clambake 200
I've read through everyone's posts and have gotten many chills. Lord of the Rings (movies and books) is sheer brilliance.

These are my favourite one-liners copied and pasted from my existing list:

I will draw you, Saruman, as poison is drawn from a wound."

"Three hundred lives of men I've walked this earth and now I have no time"

"Soft and quick as shadows, we must be"

"*in a trance* Riddles in the dark...." *puffs smoke*

"Cold be heart and hand and bone, and called be travelers far from home/They do not see what lies ahead, when sun has failed and moon is dead"

"YOU... Shall not PASS!"

"We're not Orcs! We're Hobbits!"

"THEY'RE TAKING THE HOBBITS TO ISENGARD!"

"Your words are poison" (Eowyn, to Grima Wormtonge)

"We've had one breakfast, yes, but what about second breakfast?"

"There is only one Lord of The Ring"

"Tell me, friend, when did Saruman The Wise abandon reason for madness?"

I read the books a little under 2 years ago and for some reason the chapter that stands out the most to me was The Pyre of Lord Denethor, from Return of the King. It was beautifully written, and it was interesting to find out that Denethor (who I love making fun of) never actually throws himself off Minas Tirith while on fire. But for a movie, you know, it works lol (and its hilarious).

I saw that some of you mentioned some of Sam's near-the-end-of-movie lines in which he says to motivate Frodo. Those are beautiful, and always make me feel like things in life are, well, less of a - lets use the word BURDEN. biggrin

Firebreathing Waffles

16,690 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Gaian 50
when the Witch King of Angmar said "send forth all legions.....do not stop the attack untill the city is taken"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff