Welcome to Gaia! ::

So, took my daughter to the movie this past weekend and saw a trailer for The Hobbit. What does everyone think about that??

#andypancroft
I thought it looked cool. The dwarves singing was greta... but creepy at the same time.

Beloved Friend

6,150 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Gaian 50
If its as big a production as LotR was, it'll be awesome. I cant wait to see Smaug.
It looks goood, but there don't seem to be many elves in it. cry

Quotable Conversationalist

I am SO EXCITED. I have been counting down for over a year! XD Although, I'm a bit upset that they're making it into two movies. Not a lot happens in The Hobbit, especially not enough for two movies. Also, the trailer shows Galadriel appearing in the movie and she never once made an appearance in the book. I think the movie is going to create a sub-plot for Gandalf whenever he just poofs away from Biblo and Company. Which could either be awesome or terrible, I haven't decided how to feel about it yet.

Also, @Captain of the Clouds, there are elves. Sexy, wood elves residing in Mirkwood.
Actually there are elves in both Rivendell and Mirkwood in the Hobbit. And the sexy elves don't exactly show them friendly hospitality in Mirkwood either I might add. The ones in Rivendell are much nicer to everyone.

Invisible Browser

16,265 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Invisibility 100
I'm excited, though I'm not sure I like the idea of it being made into three parts...

Swashbuckling Knight

7,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
Captain of the Clouds

Mirkwood Elves will probably be in the second movie. The first one looks like its just the beginning through the Misty Mountains & Goblin Town. So we'll at least get Rivendell and Elrond.

As far as splitting it into 3 movies...the way I see it breaking down is one of 2 ways.
movie 1: Start through the escape from Goblin Town (with the Eagles)
Movie 2: Eagles through Lake Town. begin Gandalf's story with the Wizard Council vs the Necromancer
OR Movie 2: Eagles through Smaug.
Movie 3: Lonely Mountain/Smaug & finish the Necromancer subplot through the return home.
or Movie 3: Battle of 5 armies through the return home.
I thouahgt it looked amazing <3 ive been a fan of the lord of the rings since i was very young. I read the book and cant wait to see the ovie! biggrin D
id say it looks awesome, its a must see all the way

Eloquent Rogue

17,150 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Battle: KO 200
I have to say I CANNOT wait for the movie, but I'm so worried they are going to ruin it.

For one, the 3 parts to me means two things:

A) It's going to stick super close to the plot and make me very happy indeed

or

B) They are going to add SO much crap to it that I'm going to leave the movie theater crying.

Considering they are going to feature some kind of "flashback" style telling, and that Galadriel and Legolas are going to be in it, even though they WERE NOT in the book, I'm worried it's going to be option B.

But I still have to see it. I've been waiting for this movie since I read the book in oh... 3rd grade, I think. The dorky animated movie was sooo hilariously bad.

Friendly Friend

I really can't wait for this movie!! I am trying not to read the book right before, makes me more picky than I need to be.
jedinightwing
Captain of the Clouds

Mirkwood Elves will probably be in the second movie. The first one looks like its just the beginning through the Misty Mountains & Goblin Town. So we'll at least get Rivendell and Elrond.

As far as splitting it into 3 movies...the way I see it breaking down is one of 2 ways.
movie 1: Start through the escape from Goblin Town (with the Eagles)
Movie 2: Eagles through Lake Town. begin Gandalf's story with the Wizard Council vs the Necromancer
OR Movie 2: Eagles through Smaug.
Movie 3: Lonely Mountain/Smaug & finish the Necromancer subplot through the return home.
or Movie 3: Battle of 5 armies through the return home.

I actually think the first part will end with Bilbo finding the ring and escaping Gollum.

Second starts with him saving the Dwarves, then ending up in Mirkwood the escape and reaching the lonely mountain, then ending when Smaug dies.

Third movie is about the, elves, men and dwarves bieng at odds with each other and then the battle of the 5 armies, them winning it and the journey home.
I hope it goes all well, the special effects should be just as good as the others! mrgreen

Apocalyptic Comrade

28,650 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Hero 100
I honestly have no clue why Galadriel has a right to be in it (No movie deals this year?) but Legolas(small bit part, grab the fans) might have been about 400 at the time. I could see him being one of the guards. Someone pointed out that 20 human years=50 elf. It could work out I suppose, but then I'm terrible with math.

I'm loving the dwarves, but hoping they stick to the book version towards the end. I want to see the riddle, and Smaug in all his glory, Beorn, Bard, and the guards. lD All those finer details that make the book so much cooler then movie usually. And Thranduil!! *sqee*

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff