Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkly Sex Symbol

One of my guy friends told me that if a girl they liked watched the Lord of the Rings movie, they would be totally turned off. -.-
I think that if a girl watches Lord of the Rings, that would be a turn on?
Because not most girls where I live like it at all. ;P

Tipsy Wench

Why would he think that? That sounds so strange to me.
I know my boyfriend thought it was awesome that I was into "nerdy" stuff like LOTR. heart

Eloquent Streaker

Dapper Loiterer

8,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Brandisher 100
Probably guys think that they can't live to to Legolas's awesomeness.

Anyhow....My ex thought pretty much everything I liked was cool. But, we liked alot of the same stuff.
Aroudn here Lord of the Rings in BIG. Theres a neighborhood nearby named Hobbit's Glen. So most everyone around here likes the books, moves, ect. Or they atleast know of them and a bit about them.
i think it would be a turn on cuz i havent meet a girl taht likes it yet and i think it would be nice to have something in commen with her

8,250 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
Requiem in Mortis
User Image

My face exactly.

Because let's just talk about how misinformed one has to be to assume that most women are not fans of Lord of the Rings because they are women. The reality being sex - male or female - has nothing to do with one's attraction to the fantasy genre, or Lord of the Rings.

That being said, the guy in the OP is probably a male who is not a Lord of the Rings fan. Being male is separate from his like or dislike for the series. Therefore he wouldn't be attracted to ladies who like the series - it's not a shared passion. Guys who like Lord of the Rings usually dig ladies who like it too, because it is a common interest - common interests usually being what brings people together.

So there, that's my bit, as a lady and Lord of the Rings lover. I hate the idea that ladies who like Tolkien are somehow "rare" or "nerdy." It's a gross misrepresentation of the sex.
That is ******** ridiculous.
Who cares if it is or isn't, it's just good.

3,400 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Flatterer 200
I think it would be a turn off cuz guys when they get into stuff they stay there for a very long time i guess thts best during se x? Oh yah so i guess it would beca sorta turn on but if he was into harrypotter than total turnon if he is in to twilight 99.9 percent of the time hes gay

OG Member

Requiem in Mortis
User Image
i agree with Capt. Sisko there.

Friendly Bookworm

Who would be turned off by a girl who knows good literature?

Though I did have one guy look at me and go "Seriously?" and I said "If you have a problem, go away."
-kaitlykins

Because not most girls where I live like it at all. ;P

WHA!?Where do you live?
I must move far from this town where girls shun fantasy. talk2hand
Requiem in Mortis
User Image

This sums up my feelings accurately. You're really unique OP, such a catch.

It's pretty obvious as to why you posted this thread.
nerdy chicks are hot
ReasonableRobot
nerdy chicks are hot

And then there's this guy. Feed the beast, son.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff