Welcome to Gaia! ::

Since I've been a pretty avid 'Tolkienist' throughout the years, as his works fall under my most beloved reads, of course I've been knowledgeable of the book before seeing the movies as well.

And I had no problem whatsoever with the changes that have been made. Coming from a fan, I know that's pretty rare, but I honestly admire and applaud sir Jackson for what he has accomplished.
I didn't feel like my time was wasted, the new things that were added have been quite interesting and exciting, and the old touch of the first trilogy was somehow there.

It was like reliving those years of anticipation and awe all over again. And now I have three movies to come back to again and enjoy. That is not something small or meaningless.~

I am happy to have lived these days to see all of this wonderful journey unfold. Skilled actors who have brought to life amazing characters, no complaints. No complaints at all.

So, tl;dr - major fan who adores both sides of the story here.
emotion_bigheart

Bunny

30,425 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
many people are saying that the Hobbit should've only been one movie, 'cause the source material is so slim.
i'd like to say, i think the first movie was really well made,
and had they continued this way,
they could've easily have made two more excellent movies,
fairly loyal to the source material.
but the pacing took out considerably faster during the second,
most of the story ran by too fast to really get into it,
action-scenes instead started to drag on,
and the little story that did take it's time to take viewers into the moment
were things that were entirely made up.
so i disagree, there should've been three movies,
but the two that came after the first installment could've been much better made.

the Lord of the Rings itself should've been so much more than three movies.
at least three per book to make the story justice.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff