Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Prophet

6,650 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
I have officially declared that I am in love with the hobbit,but not so much for the Lord Of the Rings. sweatdrop

I know,I know im terrible but I plan on watching the trilogy very soon(since I just bought the movies)and my question is should I read the lord of the rings if I really liked the hobbit or just skip to The Silmarillion? because I heard its like a mixture of both books.

Loyal Gatekeeper

chocolate-bunn
I have officially declared that I am in love with the hobbit,but not so much for the Lord Of the Rings. sweatdrop

I know,I know im terrible but I plan on watching the trilogy very soon(since I just bought the movies)and my question is should I read the lord of the rings if I really liked the hobbit or just skip to The Silmarillion? because I heard its like a mixture of both books.

Personally, I wouldn't skip right into the Silmarillion. It's a pretty difficult read in general.
There's a lot of things that the movies (the Trilogy) don't have from the books, they changed a lot when adapting them into the movies. Many things were left out. But the gist of the story comes through.
It's up to you in the end. You could read a detailed guide on the books if you don't want to read them, since they can be long and hard to get into. It took me a while to sit down and read them, but I think it was worth it (seeing as I re-read them every year now). I'd seen the movies first... but people told me there were many details that weren't in the movies.
I don't really know if it's the story that doesn't get your interest or the length... so I kind of went all over. Glad to hear you love the Hobbit! It's one of my all-time favourites since childhood. The movies as well~
Good luck~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces