Welcome to Gaia! ::

I did see the chair thing- that was great! xd Ooo, but I didn't know it was on the website. I'll have to go watch the ones I missed!

Arthalion's Wife

Burning pile of summer tops has to be one of the best DC items ever. rofl
Wait, what? xd Is that to keep you warm in the winter?

Eee! Guys, I'm excited! Just bought tickets for me, my husband, and my dad (the geek who got me into LotR in the first place) to see The Hobbit on Friday! We're not doing the midnight showing and we're not seeing it in 3D, but I'm thinking 2D at noon will be almost as good. (I've been fighting Labyrinthitis so 3D is entirely out and I'm dizziest at night, so late night movies are also out. Blarg.)

Really tempted to wear my elf costume. Maybe I'll just wear my elf ears. whee

Tricky Lunatic

Labyrinthitis? *looks it up* Oy, that's icky. sweatdrop

Maybe the elf ears will help with that? blaugh

What does DC stand for? Oh, daily chance. duh. Link
Sweet! We'll probably be seeing it after Christmas so hold back the spoilers D:

(...or I might just avoid the forums until after ^.^')
LOL! Maybe you're right, Loth- the cure for dizziness is elf ears. Why didn't I think of that sooner? I mean, how often do you see an elf get sick? wink

I'll be a good girl and not spoil anything. If I do want to ramble, I'll tuck it in white font so no one can be spoiled, I promise. Oh my gosh, but I'm so excited to see it! Friday, get here already!

Arthalion's Wife

I'm not sure when I'm going to go see it. My dad and brother checking their work schedules to see when we're all available to go. I hope it's sooner rather than later. I don't want to have to avoid spoilers for too long.
Yeah, that's why I wanted to see it as soon as I could, even if it wasn't the midnight showing- I didn't want to get spoiled! I haven't even been watching many of the trailers, which is rare for me! Luckily my husband requested off from work for the 14th in advance, knowing I'd drag him to it, and my dad's retired so I can drag him to movies any time. wink

Tricky Lunatic

Niere
Burning pile of summer tops has to be one of the best DC items ever. rofl

4laugh

Trinket Heart item list thread

10,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
I've bought my ticket for a showing on Saturday. I'd love to go Friday, but work. Some friends were thinking of going next Tuesday, so I may be going again then. Even if I don't go Tuesday, I will probably see it again at a later date.
I'll probably end up seeing it at least twice, too; my little sister really surprised me when she said that she wanted to see it, so I'll likely go with her. She's not into books or fantasy, but she said that because our dad read it to her when she was little, too, that she knows the story and wants to see it. I'm impressed! Maybe I *can* turn her into a geek. xd

Huh, I thought for sure something in a batch like that would catch my eye, but not really into any of those items.

Tricky Lunatic

My mom ensured that I should see it twice, the second time with my dad.

Perhaps I shouldn't say that he bears a resemblance to Thorin's actor (it's the eyes), but I can definitely say he currently resembles Smeagol a great deal.

Who doesn't squint as much this time around.

Saw the movie, was satisfied, still choking back laughter at how geeky my brother is going to get over this whole thing - I loved it. Every last bit. whee

Leave it to PJ to restore my faith in dwarves. I'd been biased against them because what are they compared to the elves? Yet they act much more high and mighty than the fairer and gentler elven-kin, with whom the Edain are brethren.

Yet the dwarves resemble ancient culture and real people of old much more than the ethereal elves or simple hobbits humans.

Truly the elves are beautiful, but the dwarves bring to mind something in my heart that roars with anguish. (yeah shut up whatever)

Always something about The Hobbit. The only reason I managed to plow my way to the end of the story itself, were the references to the ancient past and age-old cultures which dot the book. The love for and fascination with which is what lead me to read LotR in the first place.

Which, by all means this movie did not stint on, but rather emphasized with all the respect and truthiness they deserved. Neither will the next I'm sure. Kudos to PJ. Oh and Serkis too. 'Cause of awesome, that's why. dramallama

Tricky Lunatic

Tornloke Siliglin Lomlach
Rinn Lothron

Truly the elves are beautiful, but the dwarves bring to mind something in my heart that roars with anguish. (yeah shut up whatever)

*cough*

Spoilers! (lol not really)

Wiki interruption: " rare Norse first name meaning "Warrior who fights with fire"" on Eldar.

Yeah okay, I'll quit hijacking your head Wormwood. Lawlz. Can't wait to see Beorn. He should be there. He deserves to be there. OF ALL THINGS FUZZY AND FLUFFY AND emotion_omnomnom

Sorry there hon. I mostly just wanted to show off your Yakuza outfit. LOL Ainu. cheese_whine
REALLY glad I didn't see this in 3d. I was really headachy and dizzy after watching it in 2D (stupid Labrynthitis), but it was totally worth it! I LOVED IT! I don't think the changes were particularly drastic and the stuff that was added made sense. And that's coming from a purist who complained about a lot of the changes in LotR. I loved that it kept the humor (and had songs!) from the book, I ended up loving how each of the dwarves look, I loved getting to see Radagast and Thranduil (my two favorite minor Middle Earth characters!). In general, much love!

Let's see if I can do a spoiler here, just in case it is a spoiler. ninja The only really big change was Thorin, in my opinion. But I actually liked movie-Thorin better than book-Thorin. I never much liked book-Thorin, lol. But movie-Thorin TOTALLY reminds me of Faramir! That same noble sadness about him, ya know? But it worked! Now I actually *care* about that particular dwarf. wink ninja

And I agree, Loth- I loved the dwarves! Which is a lot coming from me because generally I'm all about elves and of the "ew, dwarves are icky and boring" camp. xd (Well, I've always liked Fili and Kili, but otherwise, I'm not really a dwarf fan.)

But oh my gosh, I'm geeking out here! My dad couldn't make it because he threw his back out, but he promises to see it with me once he's feeling better. So that means I'll see it again at least one more time. Yay!

I am still worried about what they're going to do with my beloved Mirkwood, though. I really am not looking forward to Tauriel in the least.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff