Welcome to Gaia! ::

Arthalion's Wife

According to her blog, she's 15 and from Brazil. So, yeah, English is not her first language. I gave up on trying to explain things to her because I just don't know how to word it in ways that would help. If it was a friend, that's one thing. But I don't even know this person and they only message me to ask me questions that I really don't want to take the time to answer. And it's one of those things that I'm better at just doing myself rather than telling the person how to do it. Same thing happens with my parents when they're having computer problems. In any case, I deleted the messages she sent me and hoped she'd forget about it eventually... and then I got another message asking for the HTML for my theme... again. Gah! Leave me alone! I can't handle these awkward social situations! gonk

@Zabby: That's somewhat useful. Thank you. I think I figured out what she was saying... sorta. Oh, and by ships, she meant character/character. Basically, I'm trying to help her make a page to list all of her favorite ships.

Caring Scrooge

17,925 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Headstrong Believer 50
  • Daring Investigator 50
I figured it was that kind of "ships." And yay, I'm glad I could help, even if you're just ignoring her anyhow. Someone says "translate" and I feel compelled, even if it's English to English.

Arthalion's Wife

She finally gave me a coherent sentence. Apparently the theme she was using didn't support making pages. Which is what I was trying to teach her how to do. So I directed her to the place I got my theme from. Hopefully she'll be able to use the instructions I gave her before and figure it out from there. Then I can stop talking to her. xd

Edit: *a few hours later* Oh no. She's asking me more incoherent questions. Oh my gosh. Leave me alone already! gonk

Dangerous Trader

My case of pietro finally allows me to use the bloodied pose that I bought the thing for, yaay.

Dealing with people who speak different languages is hard, one of the servers on my battlegroup in WoW mostly has people who speak Portuguese.

Caring Scrooge

17,925 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Headstrong Believer 50
  • Daring Investigator 50
Woo~ Congrats on the new pose!

And, um...Good luck, Niere.
User Image
Lol Niere is too sweet razz .

My guild in Fiesta has a lot of people that speak dutch and a few other languages. Usually someone is able to translate...if not its a combo of google translate and detective mindset.
I've had language barrier problems a few times with customers- luckily most of the people from other countries have been pretty good at English, so it hasn't been too hard to figure out what they want. Now watch, saying that's jinxed me and I'll get several at that level of comprehension. xd

Um, yeah, hi guys. Have I mentioned that I haven't been online much in a while? Yeah, haven't been online much. (Honestly, I feel like I've been living in a hole for three months; I'm so far behind with everything since January...) Did finally find a second job, though- working at a department store. Hoping this means my fiancé and I will now make enough money to move back in together since that'll make things a lot better and less stressful. I'm still trying to figure out how it's April already...

Arthalion's Wife

Meri! *glomp* I've missed you. Congrats on finding a job. Hope things start to go better for you. 3nodding

Arthalion's Wife

o.O Gaia's Easter event is so disturbing this year...

Rainbow Codger

To the Sea! To the Sea!

I thought I was the only one that thought that. xd

The white gulls are crying...User Image

Arthalion's Wife

Eternal Raine
To the Sea! To the Sea!

Well, you've got fat blob Diedrich, a male grunny, popping out babies and then there's the Easter Bunny who's basically turning the grunny babies into goo... It's like... I don't want to support either of them because it's all utterly creepy. How can one NOT be a little bit disturbed by that? gonk xd

Rainbow Codger

Niere
Eternal Raine
To the Sea! To the Sea!

Well, you've got fat blob Diedrich, a male grunny, popping out babies and then there's the Easter Bunny who's basically turning the grunny babies into goo... It's like... I don't want to support either of them because it's all utterly creepy. How can one NOT be a little bit disturbed by that? gonk xd
To the Sea! To the Sea!

It doesn't help I got bored within a couple hours. But yeah. There's no one to truly cheer for. xd

Arthalion's Wife

Eternal Raine

To the Sea! To the Sea!

It doesn't help I got bored within a couple hours. But yeah. There's no one to truly cheer for. xd

Same here. And yet, here I sit... still spamming up a storm trying to get grunnies. I don't even know why I do this. I'm an event item hoarder. And it has to be earned items. I don't want to buy them. I'm weird.

Rainbow Codger

To the Sea! To the Sea!

I tend to hoard as well. It's just not fun when you buy them. I did that last year. I'll probably do it again. Even when I try, I still can't get them all before it ends.

Arthalion's Wife

Eternal Raine
To the Sea! To the Sea!

I tend to hoard as well. It's just not fun when you buy them. I did that last year. I'll probably do it again. Even when I try, I still can't get them all before it ends.

I think I might be able to get all the items this year. Maybe not the achievement for 1000 grunnies, but the items, probably. I mean, the event just started and I'm doing pretty well. Halfway through most of the colors I need. I have all the orange, teal, and purple ones I need (the flash game is easier and slightly more interesting than posting spamming in forums).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff