Welcome to Gaia! ::

Arthalion's Wife

So apparently typing in 3.14159265 today gets you an item. For Pi Day.

10,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150

Pi is yummy.

Arthalion's Wife

Beware the Ides of March.

(obligatory March 15th post)
Dang, I missed pie day but showed up here in time for the Ides of March. Not fair. xd

If I have kids, as cool as an LotR name would be, I don't know if I'd saddle a kid with that or not. I mean, I've always loved the name "Peregrin", but that's just asking to be made fun of; the female names are a bit more normal-sounding, like "Luthien" or "Eowyn" or something. On the other hand, the names I do love and would be tempted to name kids are inevitably Shakespearean or Old English, so they're probably going to end up made fun of anyway (and hey, if it's OE, then it's Rohirric, so it's LotR- technically). ... But then I think "kids are going to get made fun of regardless of their name because other kids are cruel", so why not just give them a name that not many other people have, right?

Eh, I probably won't have kids anyway so it probably won't matter. I can name my cats whatever. xd

Arthalion's Wife

Is it just me, or are Gaia events starting to become a hassle? I don't even understand this St. Patrick's event at all.
Loool Niere, are you bagging the event just because it requires you to think? XD. I don't understand it either though x)

Merly, I totally agree with that. I like names that are unique. However I do love this quote from Bilbo during the naming of Sam's first daughter Elanor: A name that does not need to be cut in half in order to be used (Paraphrased). I can't find my books D;. Cookie to anyone that find the exact quote.

Caring Scrooge

17,925 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Headstrong Believer 50
  • Daring Investigator 50
Quote:
'Well, Mr. Frodo,' he said. 'I'm in a bit of a fix. Rose and me had settled to call him Frodo, with your leave; but it's not him, it's her. Though as pretty a maidchild as anyone could hope for, taking after Rose more than me, luckily. So we don't know what to do.'

'Well, Sam,' said Frodo, 'what's wrong with the old customs? Choose a flower name like Rose. Half the maidchildren in the Shire are called by such names, and what could be better?'

'I suppose you're right, Mr. Frodo,' said Sam. 'I've heard some beautiful names on my travels, but I suppose they're a bit too grand for daily wear and tear, as you might say. The Gaffer, he says: "Make it short, and then you won't have to cut it short before you can use it." But if it's to be a flower-name, then I don't trouble about the length: it must be a beautiful flower, because, you see, I think she is very beautiful, and is going to be beautifuller still.'

Frodo thought for a moment. 'Well, Sam, what about elanor, the sun-star, you remember the little golden flower in the grass of Lothlórien?'

'You're right again, Mr. Frodo!' said Sam delighted. 'That's what I wanted.'

Arthalion's Wife

Rudhheniel
Loool Niere, are you bagging the event just because it requires you to think? XD. I don't understand it either though x)

Actually, the event is rather mindless and random. And that stupid leprechaun hates me and keeps repeating himself and I want to stab him. biggrin
Is this one of those where you have to go spam the forum and post the NPC's name? xp

I like that quote- I'd completely forgotten about it.

And what the heck, why is my avatar not green yet? It's usually green. Time to go change it!

Arthalion's Wife

Merily
Is this one of those where you have to go spam the forum and post the NPC's name? xp

Yeah. Basically. Or quote him and have him ask you if you have nothing better to do than quote him all day. xp
This asphalt jungle is the only item out of the new RIG that I liked.

Caring Scrooge

17,925 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Headstrong Believer 50
  • Daring Investigator 50
I like the Lucky Suits. If the price gets low enough I'll probably buy two of them. User Image

And yeah, I probably could have just posted the part Rudh wanted, but when I re-read the scene I didn't want to shorten it. User Image

Dangerous Trader

Zabby42
I like the Lucky Suits. If the price gets low enough I'll probably buy two of them. User Image

And yeah, I probably could have just posted the part Rudh wanted, but when I re-read the scene I didn't want to shorten it. User Image
I managed to have just under enough when the AJ came out, waited a bit and got it for 190k. I feel like it's harder to get backgrounds :/

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff