Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rainbow Codger

To the Sea! To the Sea!

Hello, missing people! *Waves*

I went and saw the Smurfs today. It was cute. I don't know why that review I read gave it a D... I'd give it a good B.

The white gulls are crying...User Image
I think the Smurfs is a movie I probably want to see, so I'm glad to hear someone liked it.

Ah, okay. Thanks, guys. I was afraid I'd somehow missed some Hobbit news and was wondering how the heck that could have happened. xd Chewy, I'm not sure what Sora looks like, but was that starfish-head? That's the only dwarf I can think of with the strangest hair, lol.

ChewySkywalker

Yea, I am but I have a feeling I'm going to regret it next month when I want to kill myself for taking a crash course in micro and macro econ (ew). Plus, you really can't do much with a masters in international politics except law school or a doctorate.....otherwise you're going to be a researcher for the rest of your life. But you'll probably enjoy a masters program since you like writing or are at least more used to it, being an english major and what not.

I can't even imagine taking something economics or political, so I'm definitely giving you kudos there! But I'm in that boat, too- not much I can do with degrees in English where I focused on literature except teach it, which is what I want to do (become a professor), but the trick is what to do until I get my masters. That's why I'm thinking of possibly going for the library degree in the meantime. Yeah, and the writing thing is one of the appeals of getting my masters and being a professor. I'd love that! Yay, words!
Ahahah Meri, write my papers please! razz I have the option of either doing two special research topics (50 pgs each) or one thesis (150+ pgs) to complete my masters - I chose the two projects so I can research two different issues. Since my concentrations are human rights and the middle east, I think I might do my first one on the lack of women's rights concentrating on how Lebanese women cannot pass their citizenship on to their children meaning that the arabic culture transcends Islamic and Shar'ia law.

Also I hope you get this reference: "What do you do with a B.A. in English, what is my life going to be? Four years of college, and plenty of knowledge, have earned me this useless degree"

EDIT: I'm seeing the smurfs movie today - I thought it looked terrible but I can't resist being that it has NPH in it. In addition, I have my 3 little cousins asking me to take them so I'll let you guys know what I think!

Rainbow Codger

To the Sea! To the Sea!

Neil Patrick Harris? He IS pretty cool. xd I've liked all his characters in the movies I've seen him in, anyways. I think the problem with movies like the Smurfs is that people go in there expecting way too much. I mean, it's a movie about Smurfs. The only part that made me roll my eyes was the obligatory Katy Perry reference. The villains were even pretty funny and I don't usually like them much. xd That cat is hilarious.

The white gulls are crying...User Image

Arthalion's Wife

You people are making me feel like the most unambitious person ever. I was just thinking last night how I totally wasted my time in college and only ended up with a stupid Associate's degree in Art. I didn't even get my Bachelor's degree... (which I should've, but I was short a few credits and couldn't afford to take another semester to get them). Plus, had I been at a normal college, I probably wouldn't have even gotten that (heck, I became an art major without even showing a portfolio).

10,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Yeah, well I never went to college. You guys all have degrees and PhDs and GPS' and ABCs and I just work. Although I have no debt.

HA! Suck it college-goers. dramallama

Arthalion's Wife

Well, at least you have a job... emo
Kemmybelle

No debt either - parents paid for it, and tuition isn't 25k for 4 years here wink
Caeleste
Kemmybelle

No debt either - parents paid for it, and tuition isn't 25k for 4 years here wink

Mine too! Well for undergrad at least. Grad school + law school are going to leave me like $200,000 in debt - approx. At least I still have the option to marry rich, yay being a girl! razz
ChewySkywalker
Caeleste
Kemmybelle

Mine too! Well for undergrad at least. Grad school + law school are going to leave me like $200,000 in debt - approx. At least I still have the option to marry rich, yay being a girl! razz

Hahaha yep! Grad school would put me like 40k in the hole and I'm not even guaranteed a job after getting it, so yeah.

I've thought about going back and becoming a pastry chef but that's really a low degree here (DEP is basically a step above a high school diploma...) and frankly I don't think I could take the insane work hours. neutral

Sigh trying to figure out your life is ~hard

10,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Caeleste
Kemmybelle

Don't take that away from me. It's all I have.
ChewySkywalker
Caeleste
Kemmybelle

Dang, that was the flaw in my plan! Instead of going for rich, I got engaged to another English major. We're both job-useless, but we can quote literature at the drop of a hat! And have I mentioned we're both artists, too? Yeah, I predict lots of moving up in the world. rofl
Kemmybelle
Caeleste
Kemmybelle

Don't take that away from me. It's all I have.

It's more like you didn't waste four years in a program that doesn't guarantee you anything in this job climate, and at least you have a steady job right now. Come September, I'm screwed and I'm left wondering what I should do - go back to get a certificate in Management to make my Bac. look better? Go back for a Master's? Go back for another Bac. entirely?

I wouldn't worry too much about whether or not you went on to Uni. It's what you did with your life after HS that counts. And you seem to have done something, at least razz

10,550 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
So under the Notices tab in the My Gaia page it says 'You've received a cookie!' It's a link and when I click it the page seems to reload and then nothing else happens. Does anyone know what this is?

[edit] They're under the Games tab in the Full Inventory, I still don't know what they're for.

Arthalion's Wife

Yay! More cookies! Got some of those a week or so ago for using the IP security thingy. But yeah. No one knows what they're used for yet.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff