Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tolkien's epic narrative poem, The Fall of Arthur, is finally going to be released. As the title implies, the subject is King Arthur. Those of you who didn't care for the verse style of The Legend of Sigurd and Gudrun may be disappointed, since this is somewhat like that, but for those hardcore Tolkien enthusiasts who are capable of reading and appreciating something like that, this should be really cool.

Source.

Sparkly Pants

I'll admit, I struggle with appreciating poems, but even I'm looking forward to this one. whee

Cheers for posting that link too, I'd only seen some brief articles about this but that one was quite good what with the excerpt and all. 3nodding

Snow Chil

22,350 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Distrustul Officer 50
I'm excited now. I didn't know they had plans to release it. I.love.poetry.

Commence happy dance. 4laugh
Bilabial Click

At first I was slightly disappointed that it was another poem, because the last Tolkien book to be released was like that. The Legend of Sigurd and Gudrun, which I quite enjoyed. But then I learned that this was about King Arthur, and the idea of Tolkien + epic narrative poem + King Arthur has me very excited.

Snow Chil

22,350 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Distrustul Officer 50
Captain Talavar
Bilabial Click

At first I was slightly disappointed that it was another poem, because the last Tolkien book to be released was like that. The Legend of Sigurd and Gudrun, which I quite enjoyed. But then I learned that this was about King Arthur, and the idea of Tolkien + epic narrative poem + King Arthur has me very excited.

I agree totally. King Arthur is always good. 4laugh

I guess I'm the oddball though. I love poetry and narrative poetry. Give me Sir Scott and Lord Byron. emotion_bigheart After reading most of Don Juan... Tolkien's Arthur sounds delightful. ^-^'

Divine Bard

13,025 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
If I had the funds, this would be on my bookshelf in a heartbeat. Arthurian legend is always awesome, whether it's being told by Tolkien or has migratory coconut jokes.
Bilabial Click
Captain Talavar
Bilabial Click

I guess I'm the oddball though. I love poetry and narrative poetry. Give me Sir Scott and Lord Byron. emotion_bigheart After reading most of Don Juan... Tolkien's Arthur sounds delightful. ^-^'

Have you read The Legend of Sigurd and Gudrun?

Snow Chil

22,350 Points
  • Daring Investigator 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Distrustul Officer 50
Captain Talavar
Bilabial Click
Captain Talavar
Bilabial Click

Have you read The Legend of Sigurd and Gudrun?

I have no yet. I am still working my way into the 20th century. xd
I'm not really a fan of Arthur, but since it's Tolkien I suppose I'll give it a try at least.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff