******** this I want gold 0.045714285714286 4.6% [ 8 ]
Total Votes:[ 175 ]
< 1 2 3 4 >

Timid Dabbler

5,750 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
i like the names and all but as a pet name instead. i would rather name my child something that i thought would be more fitting and had a deeper meaning to me. heart
There are some LotR, or, really Elven names that fit. Such as my younger cousin's name, she's named after aunt Eleanor, but Elena is elvish for star.

In lieu of Varda Elentari, the name couldn't be more perfect.

There are a number of other elven names that fit or work perfectly. It's just the longer ones tend to stick out a little too much.
Some of the elven names are beautiful, middle names would be good, the child could share their awesome middle name if they wanted, but wouldn't have to!

Inaqtuk's Wife

Salty Sweetheart

I think some of the less well known names would be ideal, just so people would think of the child and not the character every time. Like "Gandalf" and "Galadriel" are a little conspicuous. But "Nerdanel" and "Laurelin" are more subtle.

I named my two-month old son Afon, which is a Welsh name. That's another option for people who like LotR names but don't want to be too conspicuous, since Tolkien borrowed from the Welsh language. Names like Nia and Cariad sound elvish. Arwen is actually a real Welsh name, not something he made up.
Sounds like hippie names rofl heart
it would be awsome, or horrible depending on the name. I met a little girl with the name arwen once. i fairly squealed with glee.

on another thread, i have also met a little girl named Zelda.

Eowen would be an awsome name to give a child.
When I saw that I asked my Mum "WHY COULDN'T YOU HAVE GIVEN ME AND NAME FROM LORD OF THE RINGS?!?!?!?" She simply answered, not even looking up from her phone. "Wasn't invented." >.> Thanks Mum.... crying

Questionable Hoarder

8,950 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Conventioneer 300
If I have a girl ever(unlikely as I dont want kids) I am naming her Eowyn. I don't even care!

Questionable Hoarder

8,950 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Conventioneer 300
SamanthaPhantomhive88
When I saw that I asked my Mum "WHY COULDN'T YOU HAVE GIVEN ME AND NAME FROM LORD OF THE RINGS?!?!?!?" She simply answered, not even looking up from her phone. "Wasn't invented." >.> Thanks Mum.... crying

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Erm.... so you were born the 50s? hahahahaha Your mom isn't aware of the books I suppose...
Moroi
SamanthaPhantomhive88

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Erm.... so you were born the 50s? hahahahaha Your mom isn't aware of the books I suppose...

Yes that's what I thought as well, as the books were published in 1954-1955. A friend of mine is called Arwen and her brothers are named Amras and Estel, all three names from LotR (and the Silmarillion).
Quite funny when someone goes like; "Omg from teh moviezz?!" "Yes because I was totally born less than ten years ago"

Also, I know someone named Thorin, poor guy's brother is named Merlin though.

7,800 Points
  • Full closet 200
  • Hygienic 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
Naming children after LOTR characters, is right strange.

thats like naming my kids, Lord Voldemort and Professor Dumbledor..

Toothsome Lunatic

I'm naming my first born son Thorin.
I think it would be pretty cool. I might be biased because I love Lotr so much though. It probably seems strange to people who aren't familiar with or dislike the series. If I ever decide to have kids i'd probably give them a middle name from Lotr just to reduce the chances of them possibly getting picked on.
Gimli would be a funny name.

Versatile Receiver

17,575 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Married 100

I went to high school with a kid named Strider. True story. This was before I had read the books and the movies hadn't been made yet either and I though his parents must have been on something.

Looking back, I want his parents!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces