Epic 0.28 28.0% [ 49 ]
Unique 0.18285714285714 18.3% [ 32 ]
Strange 0.068571428571429 6.9% [ 12 ]
Kinda out there but still awesome 0.37142857142857 37.1% [ 65 ]
Hell naw 0.051428571428571 5.1% [ 9 ]
******** this I want gold 0.045714285714286 4.6% [ 8 ]
Total Votes:[ 175 ]
1 2 3 4 >

What do you think about kids these days being given names of Lord of the Rings characters? Strange? Awesome? Unique? I personally think Eowyn would be kinda bad a** for a girl...
What are your opinions? Would you name you child after *insert character name here*?
Personally I think its awesome. I know I plan to give one of my kids a LOTR name. Since Ive been in love with the books for 10+ years.
Ive had Lorien in mind for awhile.

5,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Well, my name is Laurelin. It is from the Simarillion, which is his book that is stemmed off the lord of the rings. Laurelin is one of the trees. Shes was the golden tree and she had a brother named Telperion. So they were both special trees to the elves i guess cuz my name in elven means Song of Gold. So i guess in a round about way, i have a LOTR name. I think it's very unique ^.^

5,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
^ That's an awesome name even w/o being in the Silmarillion! You're so lucky wink

Heck, why not? Some of those Elvish words are gorgeous.

Tipsy Wench

It'd be cool to use of the more obscure/only mentioned in the books a few times/ names. Otherwise, the poor kid might be teased if they were a "Gandalf" or a "Legolas". xd

8,050 Points
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
There are other names that entered to Our World fro the books...Galadriel for instance...
but anyway this names make people unique...but...

5,200 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50
  • Brandisher 100
Generally, it would be very strange. eek

7,050 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I'd become all giddy and flip into fangirl mode if I met someone with a name from LotR xD
I once met someone named after Bob the fell beast.

Bombadil also seems to have a fan-name following. Like Tom Riddle, for example.

5,400 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Dressed Up 200
Elisabeth_x_Brokenshire
^ That's an awesome name even w/o being in the Silmarillion! You're so lucky wink

thank you ^.^
Vertigo_Kiwi
It'd be cool to use of the more obscure/only mentioned in the books a few times/ names. Otherwise, the poor kid might be teased if they were a "Gandalf" or a "Legolas". xd

Back in high school, there was this guy in my Psychology class whose middle name was Gandalf....

5,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Wall Street 200
Ooh, if you knew enough about Elvish, you could make up a name! Like 'Elanor' contains the words for 'star' and 'sun' (don't ask me what they are.)

Middle names, anything goes! Hmm, I totally want to have a kid just to give it a badass middle name now, as well as a pretty Elvish first name... I'm thinking something like Elanor Galadriel Eowyn... Badass.

Tipsy Wench

Sairalinde Vardamir
Vertigo_Kiwi

Back in high school, there was this guy in my Psychology class whose middle name was Gandalf....

Really? I gotta admit, having Gandalf as your middle name would be pretty bad a**.

2,200 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Gaian 50
that's a pretty hip idea.
naming kids after lotr.
i like most of them.
they r unique.
biggrin

Devoted Streaker

Misconstrudel

I had to find a way to say this and this was the easiest it seemed. I didn't post because no one posted back to me, I checked in on that guild like fifty times to see if someone did and no one ever did, sorry for that then but I don't believe its my fault that I didn't post randomly. Nice try trying to block me though i'm sorry for disturbing you.

And about the elven names they are gorgeous and I wish more people will understand this instead of writing them off as stupid or moronic.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff