Welcome to Gaia! ::

Laernathron
As the title says this is a contest, those of you who have read the books know about the many songs. Like the ones about Luthien and Gil-Galad from the Fellowship of the Ring.
Well in this contest you shall choose anything Middle-Earth related and create your own song about it, and don't be shy no one will laugh at you, and even if they do you can't hear them can you. Just enter to try it out have some fun, show off your creative side. To enter fill out the form you see below in your post
Name (what you wish to be called by):
subject of song:
At this point you my enter your song or wait for approval from me, if you go ahead and write your song and are not approved your song will not be judged.
The prize: 1000 gold
The judges: Zurgi, ChewySkywalker, and me Gussumaru Kenji
So go ahead lets see how creative you are, good luck to everyone!
Contestants :
1. Lindelea
2.Leon S Kenndy
3.Hironaur
4. Dazil
5.shimora
6. SkiRacerKy458
Hmm, this is interesting, although I have one suggestion: Maybe instead of typing up the books you've read by Tolkien you could do the books you got the song from?
Well the purpose is to create songs related (like they were from) Middle Earth. And I'd really prefer to have people who have read the books enter, I mean people who haven't can too, but its kind an advantage and more understandable to those who have read the books.
I just need to think of a subject... gonk
Yay razz , possible contestant!
Gussumaru Kenji
Well the purpose is to create songs related (like they were from) Middle Earth. And I'd really prefer to have people who have read the books enter, I mean people who haven't can too, but its kind an advantage and more understandable to those who have read the books.

Yep, true.
(hopes to be able to write something before the end of the year...)
edit: I think the last poem I wrote was three years ago sweatdrop
Oh yah, everybody feel free to take your time, don't feel like you need to rush. Good songs can take a while to write.
So pretty much, it's just a poem since there can be no melody to be heard?
Yah, pretty much, like in Tolkien's book you couldn't have a melody to hear with it.
Are we allowed to take a few lines from the books?
Since Gaia isn't working (for me at least) I'll post this again and if my origanel post comes back I'll just have said this twice.
Okay Shadow_Arrow no lines from the books, and Lindelea you are approved and in the contest.
Can you put in modern songs and alter them so that they have LotR goodness in them? Cuz if you can, I'm in, and I found an awesome one: it's not mine. If I'm not allowed to post it here, then I'll post the link to the song. Is that OK?
Gussumaru Kenji
Since Gaia isn't working (for me at least) I'll post this again and if my origanel post comes back I'll just have said this twice.
Okay Shadow_Arrow no lines from the books, and Lindelea you are approved and in the contest.

hmm... how about similar to them?
Okay to both of you but I'm just saying the judges will look higher on a totally origanal one.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff