Welcome to Gaia! ::

Im watching the LOTR trilogy again because its freaking awesome and I noticed something id never thought about. At the start the ring is on saurons finger which is abour double the size of a human finger, so does it shrink or is it a inconsistentcy that is not really thar important? Just wondering razz

Divine Bard

13,025 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
The books have it change size too, or appear to, at least. Don't think Tolkien ever said why, though.
Oh okay rewatching the movie the ring changes size as well. Im going to reread the book as well, just for fun 3nodding
Well I suppose it is a magic ring, changing size is not completely out of the question is it

Amateur Sleuth

9,250 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Tycoon 200
  • Threadmaster 200
User Image

►►"The Ring has a will of its own"
It is explained in many passages and in the films that Sauron poured his own essence into the ring itself. The ring is often personified as being almost sentient, though its limitations are never fully explained.

Bilbo and Frodo mention the Ring being very odd in shape and size. Sometimes it will be tight as can be... other times it will slip off the finger randomly.

And Gandalf makes the inference that the Ring "abandoned" Gollum, not that that Gollum "lost" the ring.
◄◄

Fluffy Bunny

11,625 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
MoonwalkingDuck
Oh okay rewatching the movie the ring changes size as well. Im going to reread the book as well, just for fun 3nodding
Well I suppose it is a magic ring, changing size is not completely out of the question is it

Perhaps frodo is the magic one?
Or, you know, Gandalf being a wizard and all. That's boring, though.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff