Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,200 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Citizen 200
So I really enjoyed Harry Potter and Star Wars, but I haven't given Lord of the Rings a try yet.... Would it be something I'd enjoy?
and in what order should I watch the movies/read books...? I found out after I finished Star Wars you're supposed to watch episode 4-6 then 1-3; I went 1-6... oh, the shame :'C
the lord of the rings book seris is better. but the movie did have some high point and many low points. not just because they butchered the books but the fact that they left so many things out is why i do not like the movies as much as the books.

Eloquent Streaker

Eden DeMarlo
the lord of the rings book seris is better. but the movie did have some high point and many low points. not just because they butchered the books but the fact that they left so many things out is why i do not like the movies as much as the books.
Considering they're the ONLY good adaptations of the books, it's hard to say they actually butchered them. And as I literally just got through explaining to somebody else, the changes, while numerous and significant, still worked, and the movies still turned out as the best book-to-movie adaptations of all time.

Eloquent Streaker

Anyways, if going by the books, start off with The Hobbit, then work through The Lord of the Rings. If it keeps your interest, you can also go for Tolkien's other works, like The Silmarillion.

Interesting Dabbler

4,800 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cart Raider 100
so beyond epic

Hilarious Hunter

5,350 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Partygoer 500
it's beyond amzaing ninja ninja ninja

2,650 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
I wouldn't recommend it to everybody, but it's my favourite book and has a lot to offer. Start with The Hobbit, it's an easier read and if you want more go on to LOTR.

Friendly Bookworm

I would say start with The Hobbit and then go Fellowship of the Ring, Two Towers, and Return of the Ring for the books.

As for the movies, you can start with LOTR and then go see the Hobbit in theaters since The Hobbit has now been made into a trilogy.
It is a good series to get into. But, I would suggest reading the books before watching the movies for the books have a better explanations of what's happening than the movie.

6,000 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Regular 100
You know I never read the books, it seems like a lot of info and side stories I wouldn't be able to keep up with; very complicated I hear. Also, I'm not much of a fan of the movies because of the violence (war scenes mostly.) Other than that, I like the plot. I wish I could get more into but I just cant at the moment.
It is amazing.
great just saw the new one

Aged Poster

5,750 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Streaker 200
  • Partygoer 500
All three of the movies are all good. It has humor, action, and good music a bit of everything

Visionary

Strangely, I actually saw all three films before reading the books, yet I've come to like the books far more than the movies. Not to say that the movies aren't spectacular, because they are; but if you're put off by reading lengthy descriptions and history and want to get right into the story, I'd say start with the movies. Although not exactly like the books, the movies provide the story in a, shall I say, "condensed" yet thrilling manner. If you find yourself particularly drawn to the story after viewing the films, then go on to read the books. Oh, and The Hobbit, both book and film, is fantastic as well.
The books are amazing, but you just have to get through the beginning of Fellowship.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff