Welcome to Gaia! ::

Jolly Codger

Juno-Moon
I seriously can't wait, it looks insanely good.
While I normally wouldn't go to see something in 3D, I am more than willing to see this in theatres when it comes out in 3D biggrin
It makes all the difference that they shot it in 3D in the first place, rather than tacking it on as an afterthought for ticket sales

^^^^^
That--I generally hate 3D--get headaches from it--but I'm completely willing to give this one a try in both the "usual" format and 3D, as well as in both 24fps and 48fps. Figure if they're willing to film the movie in the newer format, it's worth seeing and comparing to the usual.

Shy Exhibitionist

13,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
Teilia

^^^^^
That--I generally hate 3D--get headaches from it--but I'm completely willing to give this one a try in both the "usual" format and 3D, as well as in both 24fps and 48fps. Figure if they're willing to film the movie in the newer format, it's worth seeing and comparing to the usual.

I just don't see 3D movies cause, at least where I live, it's close to 20 bucks just to see one, which is totally not worth it confused
But, seeing as this is Peter Jackson, and it's The Hobbit, I know it'll be done well and done right 3nodding

Jolly Codger

Juno-Moon
I just don't see 3D movies cause, at least where I live, it's close to 20 bucks just to see one, which is totally not worth it confused
But, seeing as this is Peter Jackson, and it's The Hobbit, I know it'll be done well and done right 3nodding

Ah, gotcha. My local theater charges the same for both formats, so it just comes down to personal preference here *shrug*
But yes, exactly that: I trust Jackson to handle it well and make it thoroughly enjoyable.

Dapper Werewolf

6,050 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
HELL YEAH I'M EXCITED!!!! It's the big movie for me this year, the one I'm really waiting for.

8,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
HELL YEAH! xDD Roll on December biggrin

Friendly Humorist

Karincain
If the world ends, it better end after the movie is released.

LOL! What I've been saying since when the movie was anounced biggrin
I am beyond excited for this movie. I saw the trailer in the theater and I got chills.

Original Poster

4,300 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
So happy there's 2 parts to it!!

Dangerous Vampire

9,850 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Fabadozer

me too. I think more movies should do that rather than having lame sequels. not that that could be the case with the hobbit...

Original Poster

4,300 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Dressed Up 200
Mr John Mitchell
Fabadozer

me too. I think more movies should do that rather than having lame sequels. not that that could be the case with the hobbit...

It makes the experience last longer smile
I'm fairly excited but trying not to get too hyped in case I get disappointed, you never know, I'm worried regarding Peter Jackson's ability to keep a coherent tone in a Hobbit adaptation that isn't too whimsical or too serious...and I've heard some strange rumors saying he may be considering making it a trilogy by expanding on lore from the appendices? Seems weird.

Dangerous Vampire

9,850 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
PestilenceQueen
I'm fairly excited but trying not to get too hyped in case I get disappointed, you never know, I'm worried regarding Peter Jackson's ability to keep a coherent tone in a Hobbit adaptation that isn't too whimsical or too serious...and I've heard some strange rumors saying he may be considering making it a trilogy by expanding on lore from the appendices? Seems weird.

Hm, I haven't heard that. all I know is that the movie is split in 2 parts. still, I have faith in the material. and PJ has shown that where the lord of the rings is concerned he knows what he is doing.
Mr John Mitchell
PestilenceQueen

Hm, I haven't heard that. all I know is that the movie is split in 2 parts. still, I have faith in the material. and PJ has shown that where the lord of the rings is concerned he knows what he is doing.

I'm pretty sure he's finally confirmed the rumors-
https://www.facebook.com/notes/peter-jackson/an-unexpected-journey/10151114596546558

Quote:
It is only at the end of a shoot that you finally get the chance to sit down and have a look at the film you have made. Recently Fran, Phil and I did just this when we watched for the first time an early cut of the first movie - and a large chunk of the second. We were really pleased with the way the story was coming together, in particular, the strength of the characters and the cast who have brought them to life. All of which gave rise to a simple question: do we take this chance to tell more of the tale? And the answer from our perspective as the filmmakers, and as fans, was an unreserved ‘yes.'

We know how much of the story of Bilbo Baggins, the Wizard Gandalf, the Dwarves of Erebor, the rise of the Necromancer, and the Battle of Dol Guldur will remain untold if we do not take this chance. The richness of the story of The Hobbit, as well as some of the related material in the appendices of The Lord of the Rings, allows us to tell the full story of the adventures of Bilbo Baggins and the part he played in the sometimes dangerous, but at all times exciting, history of Middle-earth.

So, without further ado and on behalf of New Line Cinema, Warner Bros. Pictures, Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, Wingnut Films, and the entire cast and crew of “The Hobbit” films, I’d like to announce that two films will become three.

It has been an unexpected journey indeed, and in the words of Professor Tolkien himself, "a tale that grew in the telling."

Cheers,

Peter J

1,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
I can't wait for the Hobbit
Karincain
The Hobbit is THE movie for me this year. Grew up reading LoTR and when I was entering teendom, the movies came out. If the world ends, it better end after the movie is released.

What gets me is people younger and older than me commenting on the trailer that this is a rip off from LOTR movies or the Hobbit is a SEQUEL to the trilogy. Did we read the same series? I can't with the world sometimes

Wow really how can anyone think that?? Gandalf and Elrond will both be in the movie for crying out loud. Seriously some people are too stupid for their own good. If they'd seen it they'd know due to the fellowship of the ring that Bilbo found the ring in Gollum's cave. Thus because this movie is about Bilbo, and he's not old in this one obviously it has to be before.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff