Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Vampire

9,850 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Karincain
The Hobbit is THE movie for me this year. Grew up reading LoTR and when I was entering teendom, the movies came out. If the world ends, it better end after the movie is released.

What gets me is people younger and older than me commenting on the trailer that this is a rip off from LOTR movies or the Hobbit is a SEQUEL to the trilogy. Did we read the same series? I can't with the world sometimes

I think the problem may be that they didn't read it.

Wheezing Fatcat

All that is gold does not glitter,

I am incredibly excited to see The Hobbit! I only fear that they will somehow ruin it... however, I do think Peter Jackson did a phenomenal job with the Lord of the Rings, so I trust he will do the same for The Hobbit.

Not all those who wander are lost.
This movie is going to be phenomenal!!! Peter Jackson is the ONLY person i would want to direct for this movie. For what he did in the LOTR was amazing!! I get chills every time i see the preview!! heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart heart

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
yea getting PUMPED!
Extremely excited! The Lord of the rings films were not, of course, perfect but they were absolutely wonderful, so I'm really looking forward to seeing this movie. smile

Hilarious Friend

8,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tipsy 100
  • Flatterer 200
wait they are coming out with the hobbit! i hears a rumor but that was years ago!!!
i still watch the cartoon so to see that in theatres wiht actual characters will blow my mind like the lord of the rings movies came out xd

Dangerous Vampire

9,850 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
BrittleBone
wait they are coming out with the hobbit! i hears a rumor but that was years ago!!!
i still watch the cartoon so to see that in theatres wiht actual characters will blow my mind like the lord of the rings movies came out xd

Yup. the first part is coming out this december. C:

Magnetic Friend

11,875 Points
  • Married 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Lavish Tipper 200
I haven't seen that Trailer yet. I saw others but not that one. It makes me excited to see the movie but I am not as excited than when the LOTR Trilogy came out.

Dangerous Vampire

9,850 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
loverosebudxo
I haven't seen that Trailer yet. I saw others but not that one. It makes me excited to see the movie but I am not as excited than when the LOTR Trilogy came out.

I think I am more excited. I liked the trilogy as movies, but hated the books. But I loved The Hobbit as a book, so I am really looking forward to seeing it get the Peter Jackson movie treatment.

Anxious Gawker

Beyond excited. The Hobbit was my first glimpse of Middle-earth, it will always hold a place in my heart ♥. Howard Shore and Peter Jackson again? Please and thank you; my stereo will once more blast Tolkien OSTs.

Jolly Codger

So pumped for this movie *____* I remember, when Fellowship came out, thinking, "But...but where's The Hobbit? D:" And now it's here, and the trailers and production diaries are not helping the fact that December's so far off, haha.

Friendly Werewolf

3,700 Points
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Lady_Imrahil
Mr John Mitchell
I can't wait. Just the cast alone has me positively giddy. I think Martin Freeman will be an amazing Bilbo. and as people may be able to guess by my avatar I love Aidan Turner who will be playing Kili. The Hobbit was actually the only part of the LOTR story that I enjoyed reading, so I hope it has been done justice
Here's the Trailer

I'm sure Peter Jackson will do as good a job as he did on the Trilogy ... taking a mammoth like that and turning into three movies that are award-winning, popular AND true to the source material is a very very rare skill. The production videos also are good signs, thus far!

btw love your sig pic
and yes the Hobbit looks awsome

Shirtless Fatcat

omg yes. I am practically urinating.

Friendly Dabbler

8,350 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
I almost can't wait! *sits outside theater*

Shy Exhibitionist

13,675 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Brandisher 100
I seriously can't wait, it looks insanely good.
While I normally wouldn't go to see something in 3D, I am more than willing to see this in theatres when it comes out in 3D biggrin
It makes all the difference that they shot it in 3D in the first place, rather than tacking it on as an afterthought for ticket sales

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff