Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dangerous Vampire

9,300 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
Well, most people have seen the movies, not read the book. And I feel your pain because that is how I feel about the people who know nothing about Harry Potter.
Which is why it is worse that I am one of those know-nothing LOTR people. I mean, I liked the films, and I liked the book The Hobbit.
But to be honest every time I tried to read the lord of the rings trilogy, I found it boring and tedious.
I am a horrible person sad

Blessed Lunatic

Mr John Mitchell
Well, most people have seen the movies, not read the book. And I feel your pain because that is how I feel about the people who know nothing about Harry Potter.
Which is why it is worse that I am one of those know-nothing LOTR people. I mean, I liked the films, and I liked the book The Hobbit.
But to be honest every time I tried to read the lord of the rings trilogy, I found it boring and tedious.

I found parts of it tedious, but I forged through those anyway. My problem is that I don't remember enough of the details anymore.
(I don't know why anyone who likes the HP movies wouldn't read the books, honestly. It's not like they're so difficult to get through.)

Witty Firestarter

11,850 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Sianserais
Mr John Mitchell

I found parts of it tedious, but I forged through those anyway. My problem is that I don't remember enough of the details anymore.
(I don't know why anyone who likes the HP movies wouldn't read the books, honestly. It's not like they're so difficult to get through.)

I had a harder time getting through HP than LOTR... at least the first few chapters of each book... I just barely skimmed through anything that happened at the dursley household, it was painfully slow moving and boring with the exception of Ron stealing the car, parts with dobby, blowing up his aunt and fighting off the dementors... so pretty much muggles are just boring

Blessed Lunatic

Connor the Hobbit
Sianserais
Mr John Mitchell

I had a harder time getting through HP than LOTR... at least the first few chapters of each book... I just barely skimmed through anything that happened at the dursley household, it was painfully slow moving and boring with the exception of Ron stealing the car, parts with dobby, blowing up his aunt and fighting off the dementors... so pretty much muggles are just boring

Fair enough. I certainly didn't think everything in the series was great. But don't tell my cousins I said that that - it's difficult enough getting boys to read these days.
As to LotR, I did enjoy reading it. It's just been too many years since I have.

Invisible Browser

8,650 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Invisibility 100
Neth Rana
Oh my gosh, I HATE it when people call Aragorn, Eragon. Ahhhhh drives me crazyyyy. lol xd

I actually used to call him that when I was younger, simply because I never seemed to be able to catch his name. sweatdrop

Witty Firestarter

11,850 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Sekushi-Hige
Neth Rana
Oh my gosh, I HATE it when people call Aragorn, Eragon. Ahhhhh drives me crazyyyy. lol xd

I actually used to call him that when I was younger, simply because I never seemed to be able to catch his name. sweatdrop

that's understandable, if I hadn't read the books first I may have aswell

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces