• Sausage Fest 200
people don't get my obscure LOTR references sad

Hot Rot's Prince

Hardened Member

12,200 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Object of Affection 150
I love it when people don't understand my references because it gives me an opportunity to enlighten the ignorant wretches. It can be a little exasperating, though, when nobody seems to know who Tom Bombadil is or that Arwen wasn't an only child.

Dedicated Punching Bag

12,925 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
spoonybard111
I love it when people don't understand my references because it gives me an opportunity to enlighten the ignorant wretches. It can be a little exasperating, though, when nobody seems to know who Tom Bombadil is or that Arwen wasn't an only child.
you certainly have a point... maybe it's just when they don't get the should-be obvious ones...
For example, earlier today I posed something along the lines of "I'm really hungry, but all that sounds good is pasta, and we have none"
later, as part of my reply to someone's food suggestion, noticing I had earlier said "we" instead of "I" I added "wait, why did I say "we" before? I live alone..... *coughgollumgollum* eek " and they didn't get it at all cat_gonk

Hot Rot's Prince

Hardened Member

12,200 Points
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Object of Affection 150
Connor the Hobbit
spoonybard111
you certainly have a point... maybe it's just when they don't get the should-be obvious ones...
For example, earlier today I posed something along the lines of "I'm really hungry, but all that sounds good is pasta, and we have none"
later, as part of my reply to someone's food suggestion, noticing I had earlier said "we" instead of "I" I added "wait, why did I say "we" before? I live alone..... *coughgollumgollum* eek " and they didn't get it at all cat_gonk

That is a little different. While it is understandable to not know that Tharkûn is Gandalf's dwarfish name, it is unforgivable to not get Gollum references. I mean, that's comparable to not knowing who Yoda is.

Dedicated Punching Bag

12,925 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
spoonybard111
Connor the Hobbit
spoonybard111

That is a little different. While it is understandable to not know that Tharkûn is Gandalf's dwarfish name, it is unforgivable to not get Gollum references. I mean, that's comparable to not knowing who Yoda is.

seriously... if I met someone who didn't know who yoda was... I'd prolly kill them...

Quotable Noob

2,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Oh my gosh, I HATE it when people call Aragorn, Eragon. Ahhhhh drives me crazyyyy. lol xd

Dedicated Punching Bag

12,925 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Neth Rana
Oh my gosh, I HATE it when people call Aragorn, Eragon. Ahhhhh drives me crazyyyy. lol xd

oh god thats terrible gonk

Quotable Noob

2,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Connor the Hobbit
Neth Rana

Yes! Yes it is! Thank you!! No one around me cares!!! haha
Makes it worth-while when you DO meet a true LOTR fan. *steals person to away in a corner and fangirls xD*

Neth Rana
Connor the Hobbit
Neth Rana

My sister calls Frodo=> Freddo...but I'm pretty sure its mostly just to tick me off!

The Aragorn/Eragon one is definitely worse! XD

Dedicated Punching Bag

12,925 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Rudhheniel
Neth Rana
Connor the Hobbit
Neth Rana

Makes it worth-while when you DO meet a true LOTR fan. *steals person to away in a corner and fangirls xD*
My sister calls Frodo=> Freddo...but I'm pretty sure its mostly just to tick me off!

Nobody mispronounces my man's name emotion_donotwant
If she was serious I'd say that's far worse than Aragorn/Eragon

I went to my boss's house for dinner the other day and she had the whole 12 disk special extended edition of Lord of the Rings :'D I damn near cried with excitement hahaha

Quotable Noob

2,900 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Forum Dabbler 200
Rudhheniel

Neth Rana
Connor the Hobbit
Neth Rana

Freddo?? haha that's irritating. That would drive me crazy too!!

Sparkly Pants

I have one best friend, who even at the most obscure of LOTR references will jump up and SQUEE at me. Everyone needs at least one friend like that! 4laugh

"Freddo" made me laugh! It must be intentional... surely? xd

kayleykins's Rival

Hallowed Lunatic

8,550 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Citizen 200
Small little errors annoy me. I was talking to a guy about lotr the other day and he was convinced that the prancing pony was a pub. It drove me insane. evil

Dedicated Punching Bag

12,925 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
purple kunzite
Small little errors annoy me. I was talking to a guy about lotr the other day and he was convinced that the prancing pony was a pub. It drove me insane. evil

well... it's an inn with a bar... but yeah, it's an inn

Questionable Lunatic

Not to worry my lad, I feel the same way...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff