I only read the Hobbit; LotR is too long. 0.061855670103093 6.2% [ 24 ]
Total Votes:[ 388 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Sex Symbol

7,700 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Conversationalist 100
I've only just started reading the books. I just finished the Council of Elrond chapter in Fellowship, and the book is just absolutely amazing. I love it.
When I was 10 I read the Hobbit, and I tried to read LotR, but I couldn't wrap my head around it. Now that I'm older, though, I'm realizing just how great it is.
When I finish Lord of the Rings, I'm going to read the Silmarillion, and then the History of Middle-earth books. smile

So, have you read the books? What did you think?

Wheezing Fatcat

All that is gold does not glitter,

Yes, I have read The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings, and am now moving on to finding a copy of the Silmarillion, as well as Children of Hurin I believe? I absolutely adore the series, it truly is phenomenal.

Not all those who wander are lost.
My dad had the series for a long time and I asked to be able to read them and fell in love with them from the very beginning. pp say it is over rated and not worth their time but it is sooooo worth it!! I cant get over the fact that Tolkein created the whole elvish language. Let alone middle earth!!. Keep reading because it gets so much better!! heart
My dad read them to me when I was seven. I enjoyed them extremely, although I did have a few nightmares about giant spiders. And, I still love reading the books, and find that I get so much more out of them now that I'm older. There is so much detail, and depth to all the plot points and characters, and they're so rich in description that they're never a chore to read again.
I have read the Hobbit once or twice.
The Trilogy I have read 5 or 6 times.
I read the Silmarillion once. I loved it but some parts are a little hard to get through.

Dangerous Bunny

14,550 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
I have to reread The Return of the Kings.
I forgot the actual title. Book titles escapes my mind for some reason. xp
I'm in love with the books. Just like you, I read "The Hobbit" when I was younger. My parents & I took an hour every night to read it aloud together. It wasn't until later that I read the rest of the series, though.

5,250 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Hygienic 200
The Hobbit and the Lord of the Rings were some of the first books I read on my own, and I think they were responsible for sparking my love of reading! heart I reread the trilogy whenever I get an itch to, so I've read it through three times now.
To be honest I never really read them, but I read kinda of the abridged versions of them and the Silmarillion. There are so many good parts taken out of the movies.
Bailey Adair
I've only just started reading the books.
When I was 10 I read the Hobbit, and I tried to read LotR, but I couldn't wrap my head around it. Now that I'm older, though, I'm realizing just how great it is.
When I finish Lord of the Rings, I'm going to read the Silmarillion, and then the History of Middle-earth books. smile

That's basically exactly what I was going to reply with.
I love those books!

7,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • First step to fame 200
I tried reading The Hobbit after reading both LOTR and The Silmarillion, and I just could not get into it. But I've definitely read LOTR and have been urging my boyfriend to read it, too. He's still only in Fellowship.

Friendly Gaian

finished the hobbit and in the middle of fellowship :]

TempIe of Time's Other Half

Versatile Lover

I read the The trilogy and it was amazing c:

..I tried to read the Silmarillion and I couldn't get through it at all - Although I'm think I'm going to try reading it again 4laugh

Chatty Cat

12,000 Points
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Team Edward 100
Ive read them all countless of times and also wrote (just for kicks and giggles) full papers on the series. LOVE IT!!!!!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff