Welcome to Gaia! ::

Invisible Explorer

7,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Member 100
  • Market Browser 100
I was 12 when I read The Hobbit and it took me a week between school, homework and chores. stressed
I made an attempt to read them for the first time when I was twelve or so, and failed horribly. I have been reading them again (I'm twenty-one now) and it has taken me about a week and a half per book, though it would take me far less time were I not a college student with other things to do. I'm reading it on my Kindle, so I've essentially resolved to read 10% per day so that I get my reading fix, but also still have lots of time to get my school work out of the way.

Newbie Gaian

I read them about 5 times. First time i read them i was 10. dont remember when i read the other times. 4laugh and it took me like a week because i was reading it all throughout the week of school so i got nothing done

Witty Shapeshifter

14,800 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Threadmaster 200

Admittedly, I was a terrible reader when I was younger, and I started around the time I was 10, and quit for a little while, but once I picked them back up and started again at 12, I had them finished in about a week and a half, but re-reading them again made me realize that I missed a lot of it.

Now that I have a Nook, I plan on buying the digital copy and reading it again. (And again, and again, and again...)

Noob

A week and a half for LotR, I think? Can't remember exactly, that was way back in middle-school. The Hobbit took me a day or two though, and I read that later on.

The Silmarillion, however, is an entirely different story. I haven't even read it through; I checked it out once from a library during my middle-school times and got through the first two pages before giving it back with a hurting head. Should probably try again, but my Barnes & Noble doesn't sell it! :c
I was 20 the first time I read them I have no idea how long it took me maybe 1 month ? Why is it important ? XP
i only read 1.took me more than a week

Noble Hero

16,900 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Athlete 50
  • Super Tipsy 200
I was ignorant about the books and knew about LOTR off the movies and had toys. I would like to buy all the books of LOTR and the Hobbit.

Anxious Scamp

My dad read The Hobbit, FotR, and TTT to me starting when I was 11. It would take a month or two, we did a chapter or so a night, and he did all different voices and stuff! Then when I was 13 I read RotK by myself and that took maybe two weeks?

Dedicated Punching Bag

12,925 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Noble Link
I was ignorant about the books and knew about LOTR off the movies and had toys. I would like to buy all the books of LOTR and the Hobbit.

definitely should, they're 900% better than the movies

Dedicated Punching Bag

12,925 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Loki Iago
My dad read The Hobbit, FotR, and TTT to me starting when I was 11. It would take a month or two, we did a chapter or so a night, and he did all different voices and stuff! Then when I was 13 I read RotK by myself and that took maybe two weeks?

that's adorable
i tried to read them aloud to my son but he told me to go away because he'd rather play with his rubiks cube, and I never had a father (or mother) to read em aloud to me...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff