Welcome to Gaia! ::

Dedicated Punching Bag

12,925 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
to read the LOTR books? How old were you?
The first time I read them I was 9 years old and it took me 2 weeks
I read them again at 16 and it took me about 1 week
I just finished reading them a third time yesterday at 20 (21 in 3 weeks, woo!) and it only took me 4 days 3nodding

I also recently reread the Harry Potter books, which took about 10 days, and back when I read Hunger Games it only took 2 days. mrgreen
I was also nine the first time I read them~! I read them together with my family, we took some time every night to take turns reading aloud & discuss. I think it took us two to three months, but I never took pride in reading quickly, either. I dwell on things for a long time & reread paragraphs just because I love the wording. heart
I read them when I was 15 and it took me four days. I read them all day just about literally. I loved them.

Nuclear Werewolf

Maybe took me a week or two? It's been so long, read 'em the summer before the first movie came out, so, over a decade ago? I was kinda young.

Second book took the longest. Almost gave up halfway through.

Interesting Lunatic

For me, I watched the movies first and fell completely in love.
I then HAD to read the books. I was 16 and it took me a little over 6 days to read all 4. I decided to take on one book per day.

They started my obsession with fantasy, before them all I would read was mystery fiction (coughsherlockcough).

Melodious Lunatic

12,200 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Marathon 300
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
My mother read them to me, a chapter at a time, whenever Dad wasn't eating dinner with us. We all eat together, unless he's out of town, so it took over a year. But when I read them the second time, I finished in a week smile
*gives you a cookie*

Malevolent Shapeshifter

8,950 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Wall Street 200
Well, I didn't touch the Lord of the Rings till I was about twelve. I think it took me a week to finish all three books.
I started with the Hobbit when I was ten though and I loved it. It took two days to finish but I kept reading it over and over till I could recite the first ten pages or so.
I didn't start LoTR until I was fifteen. It took me about three months to get through all three books the first time. About a couple of weeks the second time around. i got through the Silmarillion the first time in about two weeks.
I just got done finishing the movies, and I'm halfway through The Hobbit and barely through the first book.
They're long, yeesh! It's taken me forever to get through the books, but at the same time I'm not as speedy with reading as I used to be.

But they're really good though.

Sparkly Pants

I was 16 when I first read them. It took a few weeks!

Dapper Dabbler

I was thirteen, it took me about 3 weeks to read the trilogy+ the hobbit.

boybaka's Significant Otter

High-functioning Bookworm

19,400 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Sausage Fest 200
I was ten and it wound up taking me a few weeks to read The Hobbit and the trilogy.
ReichenFeels
For me, I watched the movies first and fell completely in love.
I then HAD to read the books. I was 16 and it took me a little over 4 days to read all 4. I decided to take on one book per day.

They started my obsession with fantasy, before them all I would read was mystery fiction (coughsherlockcough).
mmkkfc

Generous Giver

7,875 Points
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Timid 100
cat_redface I was eight I believe the first time I read them and it took me give or take two days to read all of them, I am speed reader still to this day. I try to pace myself but it does not work just recently I read "The Hobbit" to my baby who they originally thought was due on 14 December (when its in Canadian theaters).

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff