Welcome to Gaia! ::

For the midnight showing I'm going to make costumes for my boyfriend and I to wear. Of course for that I need some duo ideas!

At the moment my favorites (From a costuming stand point) are:
Bilbo and Smaug
Gandalf and an Eagle

Maybe Galadriel and Gandalf..... Hmmm..... Or some dwarves.... Any ideas?
Duos from The Hobbit?

That rules out my favored duos, then.

I'm not familiar enough with The Hobbit to offer too much advice, but I really like the idea of Gandalf and an Eagle.
krtr
Duos from The Hobbit?

That rules out my favored duos, then.

I'm not familiar enough with The Hobbit to offer too much advice, but I really like the idea of Gandalf and an Eagle.
I know! I have ton's of Trilogy pairings I want to do, but it's the Hobbit I'm after.

Out of curiosity, who are your favorite duo's? whee

I think I could come up with something cute. (I'd be the Eagle of course! <3)
Quirken
I know! I have ton's of Trilogy pairings I want to do, but it's the Hobbit I'm after.

Favorites in the Trilogy? Elrohir and Elladan. Eowyn and Eomer, or Eowyn and Faramir. Tom Bombadil and Goldberry. Sam and Rosie.

Honestly, I think the elf twins or Bombadil and Goldberry would be the most fun on that list biggrin

I haven't read The Hobbit recently enough for much to come to mind. Actually, I only experienced the novel once when my mom read it to me as a child... and that feels like ages ago.

I assumed you would be the Eagle wink And I do think that could be really, really cute, and a really well-appreciated nod fans would notice.
krtr
Quirken

Favorites in the Trilogy? Elrohir and Elladan. Eowyn and Eomer, or Eowyn and Faramir. Tom Bombadil and Goldberry. Sam and Rosie.

Honestly, I think the elf twins or Bombadil and Goldberry would be the most fun on that list biggrin

I haven't read The Hobbit recently enough for much to come to mind. Actually, I only experienced the novel once when my mom read it to me as a child... and that feels like ages ago.

I assumed you would be the Eagle wink And I do think that could be really, really cute, and a really well-appreciated nod fans would notice.
*Drools*
I would've loved to see Tom and Goldberry in the movies! The costuming for Goldberry would've been so much fun! Sam and Rosie are really adorable as well! I can never bring myself to support Frodo and Sam parings..... ick.

The Hobbit is a blast, I adore Bilbo! I recommend giving it a re-read. <3
Quirken
*Drools*
I would've loved to see Tom and Goldberry in the movies! The costuming for Goldberry would've been so much fun! Sam and Rosie are really adorable as well! I can never bring myself to support Frodo and Sam parings..... ick.

I might read it when I finish reading the Trilogy. It's been so long since I read any of it that it all feels new. I'm just getting to the Barrow-Downs in FotR, and I'm loving it. It feels like catching up with an old friend.

I, too, would love to have seen Tom and Goldberry. They're such fun characters, especially Tom. He's like Middle Earth's survivor man or something.

I exclusively only support Tolkien's pairings. They're all so careful and planned that I feel it's nearly a crime to impose fandom upon them, you know? So Frodo and Sam pairings are a huuuuuge ick to me.
krtr
Quirken
*Drools*

I might read it when I finish reading the Trilogy. It's been so long since I read any of it that it all feels new. I'm just getting to the Barrow-Downs in FotR, and I'm loving it. It feels like catching up with an old friend.

I, too, would love to have seen Tom and Goldberry. They're such fun characters, especially Tom. He's like Middle Earth's survivor man or something.

I exclusively only support Tolkien's pairings. They're all so careful and planned that I feel it's nearly a crime to impose fandom upon them, you know? So Frodo and Sam pairings are a huuuuuge ick to me.
I've been re-reading the trilogy as well, (We are evacuating to Helm's Deep!) Sadly, thanks to college reading assignment, I've had to put it down for the time being.

I love that part! When they are staying with Tom and Goldberry! I have a feeling that when I finish RotK I'll turn around and start again! I love these books.

Sadly there is so little Rosie in the movies that it is easy for people to jump on the Frodo and Samwise bandwagon.
Quirken
I've been re-reading the trilogy as well, (We are evacuating to Helm's Deep!) Sadly, thanks to college reading assignment, I've had to put it down for the time being.

I love that part! When they are staying with Tom and Goldberry! I have a feeling that when I finish RotK I'll turn around and start again! I love these books.

Sadly there is so little Rosie in the movies that it is easy for people to jump on the Frodo and Samwise bandwagon.

I was sick last week and watched the films on iTunes, so now I just had to read the books again. It's crazy how much more I get of it now that I'm a bit older. I was maybe 8, 9, 10, when I read them the first time and now I'm 18. I had forgotten how much I loved Merry. He doesn't get nearly enough justice done to him in the films, he or Pippin. I feel like the films tried to capitalize on Merry and Pippin being 'the funny ones' a bit too much.

I think another aspect of the Frodo and Sam thing is the general popularity of slash. But the canon remains... and you just can't undo 13 children! biggrin
krtr
Quirken

I was sick last week and watched the films on iTunes, so now I just had to read the books again. It's crazy how much more I get of it now that I'm a bit older. I was maybe 8, 9, 10, when I read them the first time and now I'm 18. I had forgotten how much I loved Merry. He doesn't get nearly enough justice done to him in the films, he or Pippin. I feel like the films tried to capitalize on Merry and Pippin being 'the funny ones' a bit too much.

I think another aspect of the Frodo and Sam thing is the general popularity of slash. But the canon remains... and you just can't undo 13 children! biggrin
I read them for the first time in middle school. I liked them but so much went over my head. This is the second time I've read them. It's amazing how much i didn't remember and am getting to rediscover!

I have to agree with you about Merry and Pippin, although I think Pippin was nicely portrayed in RothK in Gondor.
Quirken
I read them for the first time in middle school. I liked them but so much went over my head. This is the second time I've read them. It's amazing how much i didn't remember and am getting to rediscover!

I have to agree with you about Merry and Pippin, although I think Pippin was nicely portrayed in RothK in Gondor.

The discovery is the best part, I think. And there will always be more to see!

Pippin, yes. I do like him in RotK, particularly. I watched all the movies marathon-style and I loved all the build up to Pippin's coming into himself in his time in Gondor. All those 'fool of a Took' moments from Gandalf where he looked so guilty and defeated, all redeemed when he stabs that baddie and saves Gandalf. I love it. I also love in the extended editions where you see a lot more of Merry's knowledge and cleverness, like in the deleted scene with the ent draught.
krtr
Quirken

The discovery is the best part, I think. And there will always be more to see!

Pippin, yes. I do like him in RotK, particularly. I watched all the movies marathon-style and I loved all the build up to Pippin's coming into himself in his time in Gondor. All those 'fool of a Took' moments from Gandalf where he looked so guilty and defeated, all redeemed when he stabs that baddie and saves Gandalf. I love it. I also love in the extended editions where you see a lot more of Merry's knowledge and cleverness, like in the deleted scene with the ent draught.
It's hard for me to watch them out of order, or one at a time! i have to sit down for and extended edition marathon! <3
Plus Billy Boyd looks cute in Faramir's old uniform! I especially love when Pippin defies Denethor and saves Faramir! I can't wait to read about it! The ent draught is fantastic! It's scenes like that, that keep me from watching the theatrical versions. Extended editions all the way~!
Quirken
It's hard for me to watch them out of order, or one at a time! i have to sit down for and extended edition marathon! <3
Plus Billy Boyd looks cute in Faramir's old uniform! I especially love when Pippin defies Denethor and saves Faramir! I can't wait to read about it! The ent draught is fantastic! It's scenes like that, that keep me from watching the theatrical versions. Extended editions all the way~!

Billy Boyd is cute in everything. His accent is truly what makes Pippin in the movies. He's always so presh!

I watched the theatrical versions, sadly. I'm living in Germany, and my homestay doesn't own the movies (and if they did they would be Der Herr Der Ringe, and uh... do not want) and only the theatrical versions are rentable on iTunes. I went back yesterday, though, and bought the extended edition bundle because the original versions just left me so empty, hahaa.

I love the ent draught scene. I love seeing parts of the movies where they pay homage to the books. There are so many examples of that in Treebeard's lines in the forest and in that one scene where they grow taller, get swallowed up, etc, I just love it.
krtr
Quirken

Billy Boyd is cute in everything. His accent is truly what makes Pippin in the movies. He's always so presh!

I watched the theatrical versions, sadly. I'm living in Germany, and my homestay doesn't own the movies (and if they did they would be Der Herr Der Ringe, and uh... do not want) and only the theatrical versions are rentable on iTunes. I went back yesterday, though, and bought the extended edition bundle because the original versions just left me so empty, hahaa.

I love the ent draught scene. I love seeing parts of the movies where they pay homage to the books. There are so many examples of that in Treebeard's lines in the forest and in that one scene where they grow taller, get swallowed up, etc, I just love it.
He is adorable! But my movie crush haaaas to be Faramir. Mmmmm....

Der Herr Der Ringe! That sounds awesome! I wonder if they dubbed it! whee (BTW, living in Germany?! That sounds really cool, are you an exchange student?)

Treebeard is such a cool character, I love his prose. I think that the added scenes about Faramir and Boromir and super important as well. They add so much to both of those characters. Plus more screen time for Faramir. *gush gush*

5,000 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Flatterer 200
  • Friendly 100
fireman87
cool
Hehe thanks! <3

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash