Welcome to Gaia! ::

Having seen 'The Hobbit' movie trailer I was drawn back into teh Lord of the Rings franchise, and was this time more drawn to 'The Silmarillion'. I am particularily enamoured of the Sons of Fëanor, and I also like Eöl, Ecthelion, and Finrod. I also like Sauron in his villainy glory in this as well, mainly his fair form Annatar. Who else has read it and what are you favorite characters. And who is your least favorite character?
(Fëanor is one of mine and a lot more.)
I have not read The Silmarillion, but I plan on it after I finish reading the actual Lord of the Rings books, which I am doing now. I kept saying "I really need to read the books" since the movies are so amazing, but I never got around to it until now. XP
Cool, I was just wondering, because I've recently gotten into it myself. Yeah they leave a lot of good things from the books out.
But the movies are still cool!!!

7,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • First step to fame 200
I've read about ... half of it. I'm pretty sure my favorite character was Maedhros.

It's been a really, really long time since I've read the book, though.
Wow, I was surprised to see a response after so long...

7,150 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • First step to fame 200
TheLuckyOne149

I can't say that The Silm is a popular book. It's... kind of dry.

Greedy Carnivore

8,050 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I loved the Silmarillion. And Tulkas razz The book answered so many questions and gave full explainations to a lot of things too. I have to say I didn't like the Children of Hurin part but that could be because I still can't tell who is who.
surprised
Poisonivyism
TheLuckyOne149

I can't say that The Silm is a popular book. It's... kind of dry.

Probably because it's mainly a history book. XD
The Silmarillion used to be really big in the subforum, though that was... I don't know, six or seven years ago now. My favourites are usually Maedhros, Maglor, Finrod, Luthien, Galadriel, Nienna... though others move in and out.

Least favourite... Thingol is usually in the running there, haha.
Rhaella
The Silmarillion used to be really big in the subforum, though that was... I don't know, six or seven years ago now. My favourites are usually Maedhros, Maglor, Finrod, Luthien, Galadriel, Nienna... though others move in and out.

It might become big again when 'The Hobbit' movies come out. I don't really like the Valar, as it seems to me they're purposely trying to avoid doing any sort of work to help the lesser races as possible.

My favorite is Ecthelion. [;
He's just so....epicly heroic.
But i'm also fond of Fingon and Galadriel.

User Image
Seraphim S A N C T I

Oh I like those characters too!!! I wonder why Glorfindel was sent back and Ecthelion wasn't...
TheLuckyOne149
Seraphim S A N C T I

Oh I like those characters too!!! I wonder why Glorfindel was sent back and Ecthelion wasn't...

/: Good question.
Never thought of that....
And Ecthelion took out the lead Balrog so it's really interesting...
TheLuckyOne149
Rhaella

It might become big again when 'The Hobbit' movies come out. I don't really like the Valar, as it seems to me they're purposely trying to avoid doing any sort of work to help the lesser races as possible.

Well, I don't think you can blame all of them for the fact that Manwe is incompetent. Ulmo certainly does whatever he can! Personally, in a world that full of tragedy and broken spirits in Mandos (especially as a Feanorian fan), I appreciate the role Nienna must play behind the scenes.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff