Gimli 0.056804537738583 5.7% [ 1372 ]
Legolas 0.28613422763218 28.6% [ 6911 ]
Merry 0.021943443878607 2.2% [ 530 ]
Pippin 0.064919471701238 6.5% [ 1568 ]
Sam 0.046164037593674 4.6% [ 1115 ]
Other 0.10143667453318 10.1% [ 2450 ]
Total Votes:[ 24153 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 ... 310 311 312 > >> >>> »|

i must agree... LEGOLAS... he's so handsome... my friends, when watchin the movie, i rented all three on dvd, they joked that he was gay,cause he didn't have a lady friend from the movie... i had to smack em for it but they continued from the first through the third.. but he's my all time favorite...
My favorate is Legolas. I love who plays as him.
Arwen the she-elf is cool. Too bad she's hardly in the movie.
P.S. If one of the actors read some qoutes, wouldn't that be weird? But then again what have they got to do on this site?
I like Merry the best. In the books he's such a strong character for being that small. I like how he wants to be there with all of his friends.
Of course Sam is like that too (In Frodo's case anyways)

Arthalion's Wife

aniri
Arwen the she-elf is cool. Too bad she's hardly in the movie.
P.S. If one of the actors read some qoutes, wouldn't that be weird? But then again what have they got to do on this site?

Well, be glad she was in the movie as much as she was then. In the books she didn't show up often and certainly wan't a warrior-type elf. I guess you could say she was just there to look pretty and be Aragorn's love interest.
Merry. Merry was definitely my favorite. I was mad that in FOTR it was Frodo that figured out the riddle not Merry.... duh, giving Frodo all the attention...
Legolas heart heart heart heart
I LOVE LEGOLAS! He is awesome! That and I love elves too. I have many other fave characters but you asked me to choose so I chose Leggy! blaugh wink I also love all the midevil fantasy stories. Tolkein is a genius, the guy even came up with his own language, now I love to be creative to, but there is no way I could do that! (hehe...it be cool to speak elvish)
I hope people don't vote for Legolas just because of Orlando Bloom. That defeats the purpose of voting for a "character"
I used to like Legolas prior to the movie release. He was an active character, was able to bridge the gap between dwarf and elf, and even took Gimli with him to the undying lands (yes, read the histories, it's in there). Now, I abhor him, simply because he is no longer Legolas Greenleaf, Prince of Mirkwood. He's Orlando Bloom in a blone wig. His entire image has been disassociated with his original character. I still like Legolas as I read the literary classics (for the millionth time), but I dislike what pop culture has turned him into.

Arwen can just go away. I've always hated her, and now she's stealing the spotlight from Glorfindel, who is undeniably cool. Sauron can have her, I wouldn't lose sleep.
Irishfury
I used to like Legolas prior to the movie release. He was an active character, was able to bridge the gap between dwarf and elf, and even took Gimli with him to the undying lands (yes, read the histories, it's in there). Now, I abhor him, simply because he is no longer Legolas Greenleaf, Prince of Mirkwood. He's Orlando Bloom in a blone wig. His entire image has been disassociated with his original character. I still like Legolas as I read the literary classics (for the millionth time), but I dislike what pop culture has turned him into.

Arwen can just go away. I've always hated her, and now she's stealing the spotlight from Glorfindel, who is undeniably cool. Sauron can have her, I wouldn't lose sleep.

I agree. Legolas was my favorite because he has cool abilities and weapons. Now, people call themselves LOTR fans only because they love 2 hours of watching Orlando Bloom. Sickening...
Wow.. that's a hard question. Normally I would have voted for one of the hobbits. but I have been studying Gondor for a moment now (We have to do an essay for school about your favourite movie place (yes first I thought of the Shire, but I wanted to know more about Gondor as well)

Where I came up with the idea that Faramir is a great character as well. He's kind and gentle and I hope that you will agree with me on this one. A very important character in the movie. Without him, Eowyn surely would not have survived (even if Aragorn had healed her) Frodo and Sam would probably never have reached their goal. So that is why I say that Faramir is my favourite char..

(( And you have to admit that David looks cute ))
Irishfury

In the histories its only rumored that Gimli and Legolas go to the undying lands it doesn't say they actually go and even if they did it was because of Galadriel not Legolas. Anyway my favourite LOTR character is Tom Bombadil purely for the fact that most of the real fans(who read the books) know who he is, but the people who have only seen the film havent heard of him. I also felt that they made Legolas ridiculously good in the movies and made Gimli nothing but a comedy character. I mean look in FOTR they could have practically given the ring to Legolas on his own because he seems unstoppable.
My actual favorite character was scrapped from the movies. Glorfindel, the elf that, you know, did most of what Arwen does in the movies, cept marry aragorn and so forth. He was my favorite and I nearly cried when he was no where to be seen.
Joseki
Irishfury

In the histories its only rumored that Gimli and Legolas go to the undying lands it doesn't say they actually go and even if they did it was because of Galadriel not Legolas. Anyway my favourite LOTR character is Tom Bombadil purely for the fact that most of the real fans(who read the books) know who he is, but the people who have only seen the film havent heard of him. I also felt that they made Legolas ridiculously good in the movies and made Gimli nothing but a comedy character. I mean look in FOTR they could have practically given the ring to Legolas on his own because he seems unstoppable.

Just on a point, I work in a library and we have the encylopedia of Middle Earth put out by Tolkien industries. It states that both Gimli and Legolas go to the Undying lands together, so I guess they upped it past just rumor, but I know where you're coming from when you said that ^.^

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff