• Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
inflameswetrust3
TotchiSnagglepuss5
inflameswetrust3
wow theres hardly any love for Boromir =(

I know, right? Poor Boromir.

he was such a nice guy and one of the most realistic characters in my opinion he struggled with taking the ring and in the end overcame it and died protecting his friends

I know right!? I cried when he died...he was such a great character. Poor guy, he was such a good person too. the good people get the worst luck.

Unbeatable Protagonist

BlackAquoKat
WulfJakal
people just like aragorn 'cuz he get arwen,daughter of elrond half-elf,and he is the ''main'' hero of lotr,and become the king
and people just like legolas 'cuz he is an elf,from the forest of darkness
BUT
the 4 hobbits deserves more congrazzels from theyr part on the war of the ring: thnx to pippin and merry and theyr ''news'' about anything in theyr travel,Fangor(my favorit character) becom angry against saruman and the orcs of isengard
and sam saved frodo to many times in the historie
if was not sam to take care of the One Ring,Sauron was about to take the ring and finally killed and conquered anything at the middle earth
and if was nof frodo,leaving smeagol to his own,if frodo killed him when he got the chance,smeagol could never attack frodo and get ''his precious'' and falled into the fire and destroyed the ring
in fact,Fangorn is my favorit character 'cuz c'mon! people will have some fear of destroy forests for theyr cows and bulls if the ents where real
and it would be awesome stand in the back of an ent when he was walkin'
in real life,i would like to be a hobbit :3
they are cute >3<

I agree with you! I mean, i love all the characters, but if i picked one, I'd pick either Aragorn or Sam. they just have the most interesting character plot. know what i mean?

to be honest i know and i dunno XD
Aragorn is half srhouded in mistery
and Sam had the courage to resist the power of One Ring;it was the desire of a simple and normal hobbit screamin' inside his mind
it's impressive,however,the way he was loyal 'til the end to Frodo
and how Smeagol(or Gollun,whatever XD) was the key to solve the destroyin' part of the One Ring
without his greed for his preciiioooussss maybe Frodo could never be able to destroy the ring,Sam never though like this and he could be not able to search Frodo while he was using the ring,and then...all people will goin' to fear the Lord of Dark Frodo,the lil' one,the hobbit
XD
BlackAquoKat
inflameswetrust3
TotchiSnagglepuss5
inflameswetrust3
wow theres hardly any love for Boromir =(

I know, right? Poor Boromir.

he was such a nice guy and one of the most realistic characters in my opinion he struggled with taking the ring and in the end overcame it and died protecting his friends

I know right!? I cried when he died...he was such a great character. Poor guy, he was such a good person too. the good people get the worst luck.

well i didnt cry =) but it was a very disappointing scene and i agree completely with you

2,650 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Treasure Hunter 100
WulfJakal
BlackAquoKat
WulfJakal
people just like aragorn 'cuz he get arwen,daughter of elrond half-elf,and he is the ''main'' hero of lotr,and become the king
BUT
the 4 hobbits deserves more congrazzels from theyr part on the war of the ring: thnx to pippin and merry and theyr ''news'' about anything in theyr travel,Fangor(my favorit character) becom angry against saruman and the orcs of isengard
if was not sam to take care of the One Ring,Sauron was about to take the ring and finally killed and conquered anything at the middle earth
and if was nof frodo,leaving smeagol to his own,if frodo killed him when he got the chance,smeagol could never attack frodo and get ''his precious'' and falled into the fire and destroyed the ring
in fact,Fangorn is my favorit character 'cuz c'mon! people will have some fear of destroy forests for theyr cows and bulls if the ents where real
they are cute >3<

I agree with you! I mean, i love all the characters, but if i picked one, I'd pick either Aragorn or Sam. they just have the most interesting character plot. know what i mean?

and Sam had the courage to resist the power of One Ring;it was the desire of a simple and normal hobbit screamin' inside his mind
and how Smeagol(or Gollun,whatever XD) was the key to solve the destroyin' part of the One Ring
without his greed for his preciiioooussss maybe Frodo could never be able to destroy the ring,Sam never though like this and he could be not able to search Frodo while he was using the ring,and then...all people will goin' to fear the Lord of Dark Frodo,the lil' one,the hobbit
XD

I agree on all the accounts u just mentioned. I love Same, but i hate how through all the movies he calls Frodo 'Mr. Frodo'. I mean, how long have been friends? Other than that, he's in my top five fave LOTR characters. U excited for the Hobbit? I am!

Unbeatable Protagonist

BlackAquoKat
WulfJakal
BlackAquoKat
WulfJakal
BUT
they are cute >3<

XD

I agree on all the accounts u just mentioned. I love Same, but i hate how through all the movies he calls Frodo 'Mr. Frodo'. I mean, how long have been friends? Other than that, he's in my top five fave LOTR characters. U excited for the Hobbit? I am!

XD
Mr.Frodo is kinda a ''work nickname''
Frodo was his ''boss'',like Bilbo was from the father of Sam(i can't say his name on english...i just know his in portuguese as Feitor)
and Sam don't like ALL that ''king of the middle-earth'' thing
he is kinda simple guy,livin' happy and pleaseured by a camp-life,with his wife and kids
but Merry and Pippin,however...they didn't excpected for all the sorts of things they would be able to do
helped the people of rohan,become friends of Fangorn,the most ancient forest creature of the middle earth,kill orcs and trolls and helped to kill a Nazgul,and then helped to save Faramir,the brother of Boromir
and...to be honest,i was hopin' that Smeagol could be a good person again...but,half of the things we want we can't get...
I voted for Legolas for mainly two reasons:

a) He's my favorite character of all time, of all the books/movies I have ever seen. - Atention, I am NOT a fangirl, I hate those loathesome creatures and everything they stand for, and I don't know who came up with the term "Legomance", I just know I want her dead. - For me he was basicely the "first". Yes, I did have a little crush on him; yes, I did daydream a little while watching the movies, and, lets face it, what young female does not enhoy seeing Orlando Bloom playing Legolas? He looks really good, the first piece of eye candy of the XIX century! It's a stupid reason for anything, I agree, but I was curious about that hunk, and it was that curiosity that made me read The Book, and ultimately fall in love with books in general. So he's my favorite character not only because his character is awesome in his own way, but because I know that if it wasn't for that character, I would not have started reading nor writing like I do, I would not be the person I am today. Thank you Tolkien!!

b) Second reason, one word: Icon. Many people consider Legolas as less important because, first of all, his character doesn't suffer any considerable change during the story- and thats good because Tolkienidian elves are supposed to change slowly, so, if he had changed at the same rate as the other characters, he would have actually been out of character of his race, which is not good -, and second of all, he's just Aragorn's sidekick, right? But I say, you have to look at the bigger picture. If you look at it, Legolas is one of the most important characters in the history of modern fantasy literature. By fantasy I don't mean s**t like Twilight. No, I mean real fantasy: Terry Brooks, R.A.Salvatore, Anne Bishop, Jack Vance, Christopher Paolini and countless more, all the male elven characters, from Prince Nuada to Drizzt Do'Urden, suffered directely or indirectely from Legolas' influence. Fact, he is The Stereotype of Modern Male Elves. Before him it was Shakespear's Pug or Pung or whatever his name was. He's the cornerstone of all those characters, or at least the first pebble, just like Dumberdore was inspired by Gandalf and Terry Pratchett's dwarves are a satirical caricature of Gimli. Terry Brooks' Dayle and Durin, the elven brothers from the Sword of Shannara, are basicely Legolas' character devided into two. Sure, there were many other elves besides Legolas in all the Middle Earth books, but he is by far the most known, because LotR is the Tolkien's most known masterpiece, bless him.

All of this considered, I think that Legolas deserves the vote in his favoure.
Sure, there are other characters that I love, like Erestor and Glorfindel and the twins, but the first is always the first.

2,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Person of Interest 200
Boromir ftw
what's the matter of this? everyone legolas is best xd 3nodding

Enigmatic Invader

10,175 Points
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Temple Takeover 200
  • Pie Hoarder by Proxy 150
we....likes....Gollum!

5,750 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Full closet 200
  • Signature Look 250
I would have to go in this order:

1. Legolas
2. Aragorn
3. Gandalf
4. Frodo
xd xd xd xd xd xd stressed stressed stressed heart heart
xd xd xd xd xd xd stressed stressed stressed heart heart
I would still say Legolas Greenleaf is my favorite.I love the way he is armed with a bow and arrows and one "long white knife".
i like aragorn

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces