Welcome to Gaia! ::

Which film is the best? Which did you like the most?

The Fellowship of the Ring 0.22962962962963 23.0% [ 31 ]
The Two Towers 0.24444444444444 24.4% [ 33 ]
The Return of the King 0.2962962962963 29.6% [ 40 ]
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey 0.12592592592593 12.6% [ 17 ]
The Hobbit: Desolation of Smaug 0.1037037037037 10.4% [ 14 ]
Total Votes:[ 135 ]
< 1 2 3 >

My favorite had always been the Return of the King. Pippin is my favorite character, and there is a lot of him in the Return of the King. i also feel accomplished when i watch it because i feel like i've completed a journey as well, since usually i watch the other two beforehand. I can't ever decide whether i like the fellowship or the two towers better though. I like the fellowship because you get the nice carefree scenes of the shire, before everything turns dangerous. I like the Two Towers because we meet Faramir, and all the people of Rohan. The Two Towers also has a lot of awesome battles in it, and a lot of Aragorn, Gimli, and Legolas being awesome. I also love the Ents. Really the main reason i don't like the Two Towers as much is because there isn't very much of Merry and pippin, other than in the beginning. Sorry that was much longer than i meant it to be.

Anxious Bloodsucker

10,550 Points
  • Restorative Spirit 250
  • Vicious Spirit 250
  • Demonic Associate 100
The Fellowship of the Ring. It's been favorite movie ever hands down since it came out in theaters. I love them all though, don't ask me to rank them it's so indecisive after Fellowship.
Shout out to An Unexpected Journey because I love The Hobbit.
I've gotta say the Return Of the King
the feels in that movie!

Beloved Muse

7,100 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Married 100
  • Noble Shade 100
Fellowship, hands down. Return of the King bugs the hell out of me since I'm really, really invested in Gondor -- Denethor is not a secondary antagonist and Peter Jackson butchered a lot of what was happening in the book to make him one -- and I liked a lot of The Two Towers, but I think Fellowship really was the best of the three. The casting was really good, and it felt the most like Tolkien's work out of the trilogy. Sean Bean as Boromir was hands down the best thing ever.

I'm deeply disappointed in the Hobbit films, admittedly. Richard Armitage is an amazing choice for Thorin, and I like Martin Freeman as Bilbo, but I really dislike how the films are going and how choppy they feel, nevermind all the stuff Jackson is adding. (The weird love interest thing with Tauriel being primary there. I like her as a character, but the love interest angle feels so forced, I hate it.) I'll go see Five Armies, but I'm not sure how I feel about all of it.

Hilarious Raider

11,500 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Explorer 100
I've always loved The Two Towers. Not just in movie form either. It was also my favorite of the books as well. I don't know why but I usually like the second film the most in almost any triology. (ex: Empire Strikes Back, Metrix Reloaded, Tow Towers, Aliens, X2, ect. )

I'm a sucker for the Lord of the Rings triology. Don't get me wrong, the Hobbit films were not bad, but with all the added drama and love intrests just didn't sit well with me. With the Lord of the Rings triology we got to see true storytelling, fantastic characters, and best of all the most epic battle scenes.

High-functioning Pie-Maker

Two Towers has always been my favorite.

Hallowed Hunter

Fellowship = Two Towers = Return of the King = Riddles in the Dark in AUJ
>
>
> Desolation of Smaug
>
> An Unexpected journey
>
>
>
>
>Battle of Five Armies

bat soup's Senpai

I think that An Unexpected Journey and Return of the King would definitely be my favorites. ^-^

Desirable Wench

18,625 Points
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Guildmember 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
I can't decide on just one, because I love them all and they hold a special place in my heart heart

Perfect Member

Return of the King > Fellowship > Two Towers >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Desolation of Smaug >>>>>> being robbed at knifepoint>>>>>>>>>>> Unexpected Journey > Battle of the Five Armies

Bunny

30,425 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Bookworm 100
Unexpected Journey.
it's so sad, it now feels like a broken promise. </3
the two that followed left me cold.
worst two of the entire movie-saga, and that's really saying something.
(i personally feel the story-execution is highly overrated with these films)

IRL Gawker

An Unexpected Journey for me. I love dwarves, and that's when you get the most of 'em cx

bawls in the corner about how dwarves other than thorin, fee, and kee didn't get enough lines or screentime
I like them all heart

8,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Consumer 100
  • Member 100
The Two Towers all the way. Helms Deep is just the pinnacle of the films for me <3

Wheezing Fatcat

7,950 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Wall Street 200
I'm not sure why,
but the two towers has always been my favorite.
Maybe it's the ents.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces