Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nandelle
Feathoron
Yeah, CoE is the best LotR site I know and its elvish is awesome. I'm taking a Quenya course and my username (here and there) is Sindarian for Spirit of the Eagle. If you join CoE, please, PM me (I'm "Feathoron" smile ). I'm the leader of the Realm of Manwe there.

Actually, in Sindarin the "fea" would become "fae." [/nitpicking]

So Feanaro should have become Faenor in Sindarin. Those silly Noldor can't do anything right... xd

Edhellos, I think I posted the site here, in English. I found a French one off of it for Bluering Bearer, though. 3nodding
Yeah... lol well, okay, my name is messed up: Half Quenya/Half Sindarian... lol But I created the name before I knew a lot of elvish and I like Feathoron instead of Feasoron (The Quenya version)
Feanor liked "Feathoron" better too. xd

In Quenya, in a lot of words that have S in them, the TH was the older form, which Feanor tried, mostly unsuccessfully, to revive.

So Feathoron actually is Quenya. Feasorne, or Feathorne, are other forms of it. 3nodding
I'm a member at CoE. I requested to have my name changed and they said they would but it never went. There I'm Amilmarith.

EDIT: I'm GlorfirithAnnun there now... YAY name change!
Cool! I added the English-Quenya dictionary to my favorites!! 4laugh biggrin
i have never tried any kind of elvish but i find it very interesting. i want to learn big time... heart

i don't see myself as much of an elvish speaker because i'm used to being on the dark side but i will have a go.

this thread is very helpful so far wink
I was wondering if anyone was interested in learning Tengwar...it teaches it in my sindarin course that I'm taking, and it's really easy. And so pretty. If any of you don't know what Tengwar is, it's the script that's on the one ring. I thought that this would be the right place to come to see if anybody wants to learn from me, so PM me if you would like to learn.
My translator has everything in Tengwar and all it's forms. I may have mentioned that previously.

In any case, we would prefer to teach things through the thread rather than through pm, Xenarlinn. And I've got it covered anyway. I do know tengwar as well. I wouldn't have started this if I didn't.

And no interesting fact to use as a bump today so I'll just mention that I know enough Sindarin now to switch over and think in it when I get really tired. xd
wow, I think I like this forum.. smile
I've been learning tengwar in a casual kinda way since the first film came out, but there are all different types. I prefer the one used by Christopher Tolkien around the flyleaves of the books, although the E and the I symbols are a bit interchangeable, cos you can write in English in them, as opposed to Beleriandic Tengwar for example in which you can only write elvish in.

I'm also trying to learn Sindarin... I've been on CofE before, but not really used their Elvish Learning resources... I've been trying to work out stuff myself from the books and all. Arwen Undomiel the site is meant to be slightly unreliable though.

anyway.. hannon le! pedin tith sindarin.. melin i lhammas edhellin.

I think that's right, but I could be oh so wrong. lol
Wow, I think I'm going to like this topic.. lol

I've been learning Tengwar for some time, but the kind that goes on the inside of the flyleaves of the books... the one Christopher Tolkien does, I think, although the Es and Is are a bit interchangeable. I like it better cos you can write English in it though, as opposed to Beleriandic in which you can only write mostly Elvish. Can't get it on the computer though sad you need unzip files and stuff...

Also kind of learning Sindarin but not really using many other resources, so progressing by guesswork a bit. I'm on CofE but haven't been there for ages... ah well my Sindarin's probably really bad by now, as I haven't looked at it for ages, but anyway.. hannon le; pedin tith sindarin, dan melin i lhammas edhellin!

smile
ugh, sorry guys. the computer told me it'd deleted the last post so I wrote it out again, but apparently not.

*pokes pc*

and I can't delete on this place either...
No worries, Silustrien, gaia tends to lag a bit.

I am terribly amused when I use my translator and translate word for word. What it said you said was "thank you; speak little Sindarin, back yellow the account of tongues elvish" directly translated. Which makes me giggle. Sounds like something I would write! xd

Speaking of would, there's no Elvish word for would so I panicked because I was in a hurry and used the Sindarin word for "wood" instead. xd

Girl-Crazy Smoker

Glorfirith Annun
No worries, Silustrien, gaia tends to lag a bit.

I am terribly amused when I use my translator and translate word for word. What it said you said was "thank you; speak little Sindarin, back yellow the account of tongues elvish" directly translated. Which makes me giggle. Sounds like something I would write! xd

Speaking of would, there's no Elvish word for would so I panicked because I was in a hurry and used the Sindarin word for "wood" instead. xd

Always creative, Glorfy. xd
lol! whoops.

Just out of interest, which word came up as "yellow"? I was trying to say I love the tongues of elvish. Kind of.

Hmm. *perhaps should study more..*

You have a direct translator? cool.. I looked at a few but all the ones I found I was told by others to be untrustworthy (not that I found many) either that or they could translate something like a vocabulary of twenty words...

Dapper Lunatic

5,200 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Timid 100
  • Brandisher 100
COOL!! ELF!! sorry, over excited! biggrin
Silustrien
lol! whoops.

Just out of interest, which word came up as "yellow"? I was trying to say I love the tongues of elvish. Kind of.

Hmm. *perhaps should study more..*

You have a direct translator? cool.. I looked at a few but all the ones I found I was told by others to be untrustworthy (not that I found many) either that or they could translate something like a vocabulary of twenty words...

It was "melin" I believe... of course, that's just throwing the word in the translator and seeing what the thing spits out. I could run it through grammar check but I'm lazy... *throws it in again to the translator... oh, it's plural of malen... which is yellow... so technically "melin" is yellows.

Love is meleth (n. love) and mil (n. love, affection) in the translator...

Speaking of which, the one I use is Dragonflame. I have a link to it in the first post. It does Sindarin to English and English to Sindarin and has I think all the tengwar forms for each word and any words you want to add. Is very cool.

Leitgeb, I doubt you'll be back but "COOL!! ELF!!" can be classed as useless spam. Please don't spam our thread.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff