Welcome to Gaia! ::

Nandelle
ChewySkywalker

My favourite article would have to be the one that told me I could take courses in college that taught Tolkien's languages. There was an Orcish class in Texas

Orkish? What... all five words of it? xd

There was a Quenya class at my school this winter. I didn't stay J-term, though, so I didn't take it. And it was given by a student... and taking a class from someone at my own level... surprised

I should put up the next lesson soon. But I'm tired right now and just got out of class. Sometime before midnight, maybe I'll do it. Either that or tomorrow. 3nodding

That would be awesome to take classes like that in college. I'm graduating from high school this year, so maybe I'll be doing to college next year, I'll have to see if they have any of those in the colleges that I'm looking into. I know the words fairly well, but I'm pretty horrible at the pronunciation. It really sounds weird speaking Sindarin and Quenya in a Spanish accent. eek
xenarlinn89

That would be awesome to take classes like that in college. I'm graduating from high school this year, so maybe I'll be doing to college next year, I'll have to see if they have any of those in the colleges that I'm looking into. I know the words fairly well, but I'm pretty horrible at the pronunciation. It really sounds weird speaking Sindarin and Quenya in a Spanish accent. eek

Yeah... the little bit of Sindarin I know I speak with a French accent. xd

At times, though, a Spanish accent is pretty close to Quenya. Not always... and never the French. sweatdrop

I was reading a little bit of Finnish the other day... I can see where the influence came from! (I don't speak a word of Finnish xd )
I'm trying to learn Quenya for the hell of it blaugh , but it's hard. I also want to lean Italien, German and Latin. For now, the only one I'm getting somewhere on is the German thing.
You rock my world.
I once used Grelvish... what a fool... But I stopped soon after because of the Namarie... it had been placed as Naamarie which is obvous mistake... Now I have a who dictionary on my word as well as grammer biggrin
Galorfil
I once used Grelvish... what a fool... But I stopped soon after because of the Namarie... it had been placed as Naamarie which is obvous mistake... Now I have a who dictionary on my word as well as grammer biggrin

If you ever see it as "namaarie", that's actually a rather weird (to me, at least) way to write it, since the accent over the second A makes it a long vowel. 3nodding

Yeah... I promised another lesson. Hopefully when I get back from my next class...
Interesting Fact:

In Sindarin the noun comes before the adjectives. In Quenya the adjectives come before the noun like in english.

Now this is a very stylish bump. I kick a**.
greenkitsu
It's all very informative but no matter how much I try it still makes my brain hurt!!!! *sniffy* cry

totally agrees! crying
this topic is one of the most useful and interesting of the forum ! the links are really useful...but I've not enough english to understand all.

Edhellos, do you know any french sites ? because you speak fluent french...

Glorifith Annun : Hey In that way sindarin is similar to french !
Bluering Bearer
Glorifith Annun : Hey In that way sindarin is similar to french !

Wow, someone actually read my intesting fact/bump. YAY!

^__^

I forgot french did that.
Bluering Bearer

Edhellos, do you know any french sites ? because you speak fluent french...

No, I do not, sorry sweatdrop I rarely read stuff in french on the internet o.O Except maybe if I was looking for the synopsis of a french book that I had read.

I believe Nandelle had acess to a french tutorial, but I don't remember if she posted it here or if it was online or where to get it. neutral
Feathoron
Yeah, CoE is the best LotR site I know and its elvish is awesome. I'm taking a Quenya course and my username (here and there) is Sindarian for Spirit of the Eagle. If you join CoE, please, PM me (I'm "Feathoron" smile ). I'm the leader of the Realm of Manwe there.

Actually, in Sindarin the "fea" would become "fae." [/nitpicking]

So Feanaro should have become Faenor in Sindarin. Those silly Noldor can't do anything right... xd

Edhellos, I think I posted the site here, in English. I found a French one off of it for Bluering Bearer, though. 3nodding

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff