Welcome to Gaia! ::

I've heard that there are colleges where you can major in Tolkien languages. hahaha. Wouldnt mom and dad be proud?
Saphiraa
I've heard that there are colleges where you can major in Tolkien languages. hahaha. Wouldnt mom and dad be proud?

Mine wouldn't but that's the college I'd go to. xd
Glorfirith Annun
Saphiraa

Mine wouldn't but that's the college I'd go to. xd

My mom would kill me. *stares at next year's schedule* hehe... someone is language obsessed...
Nekkid is the new "kool" and chances are you didn't read anything about Elvish at all. But anyway.

*sends back to the top of the page*
Saphiraa

That would be awesome to major in!
Saphiraa

It would be awesome to major in Tolkien.............but there probably be not that many people who understand you

oh well...............they don't understand me now blaugh
w00t! Woo Hoo! I've wanted to learn Elvish ever since seeing the Fellowship! It's about time i found something! whee

And seeing all this reference I'm all of the sudden glad I'm taking Spanish 10 this year XD;;;
I think majoring in Tolkien would be awesomely awesome! Well... i'm pumped now o-o;;
I'm so geekish when it comes to this, that I've bookmarked the Quenya AND Sindarin dictionaries sweatdrop
Clow Beros
w00t! Woo Hoo! I've wanted to learn Elvish ever since seeing the Fellowship! It's about time i found something! whee

And seeing all this reference I'm all of the sudden glad I'm taking Spanish 10 this year XD;;;
I think majoring in Tolkien would be awesomely awesome! Well... i'm pumped now o-o;;
I'm so geekish when it comes to this, that I've bookmarked the Quenya AND Sindarin dictionaries sweatdrop

Glad we could be of help to you!

Good lick with your learning and let us know if you need any help!
Clow Beros

Yeah, Spanish is really helpful. xd

Majoring in Tolkien... hmmm. I'm not sure about it myself. That would involve taking classes in it... and it sounds nice in theory, but in practice I'm not so sure.

And graduate schools or jobs would love it. xp
How would one major in a language that is by no means complete? And why would one do so?
Interesting fact: When working with a language that isn't near complete, one must improvise.

Example - Boe vin bango (sp?) directly translates to
boe - to need
vin - you
bango - trade

The translation of "Boe vin bango" in the RotK cd booklet is "One of you must pay". A bit of a stretch but you need to use what works.

When learning Sindarin, synonyms are one's friends!
I'D loooovvveee to learn elvish, it just sounds so awesome when its spoken lol
Ohmygod. You guys rule. I am an avid fan of CouncilOfElrond site, and have been trying to figure out WHICH to learn and how to teach myself it. xP!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff