Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shameless Noob

9,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
*chuckes* Nice to have one who knows the lore to set the record straight.

In comparison to the rest of Middle Earth, hobbits did seem to live a much simpler and peaceful existence besides the clan differences. Never really saw them as hard-workers as such..probably because we followed Frodo who lived with his dragon-loot rich uncle...

Elrond Peredhel
I never had trouble seeing elves as affectionate. Elrond in the Lord of the Rings seemed pretty friendly (which is part of the reason I like him so much), and to roughly paraphrase The Silmarillion there was no love greater between parent and child then the love between Fëanor and Finwë. I always assumed them to be just as affectionate as humans were.

Perhaps its because I associate then with semi-ethereal beings. Especially the way Tolkien writes women x). For their super-physical abilities they seem so much more emotionally fragile. Love to a point that separation is fatal. Love makes them mortal. What must it be like in a community where people cannot speak falsely where eternal love between two people is considered normal.
Rudhheniel
*chuckes* Nice to have one who knows the lore to set the record straight.

In comparison to the rest of Middle Earth, hobbits did seem to live a much simpler and peaceful existence besides the clan differences. Never really saw them as hard-workers as such..probably because we followed Frodo who lived with his dragon-loot rich uncle...

Elrond Peredhel
I never had trouble seeing elves as affectionate. Elrond in the Lord of the Rings seemed pretty friendly (which is part of the reason I like him so much), and to roughly paraphrase The Silmarillion there was no love greater between parent and child then the love between Fëanor and Finwë. I always assumed them to be just as affectionate as humans were.

Perhaps its because I associate then with semi-ethereal beings. Especially the way Tolkien writes women x). For their super-physical abilities they seem so much more emotionally fragile. Love to a point that separation is fatal. Love makes them mortal. What must it be like in a community where people cannot speak falsely where eternal love between two people is considered normal.

I can see your point. I think my thing is that I read The Hobbit when I was nine and the ethereal aspect passed over my head a bit.

Shameless Noob

9,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Elrond Peredhel
I can see your point. I think my thing is that I read The Hobbit when I was nine and the ethereal aspect passed over my head a bit.

Drunken elven guards ruled by an angry, selfish king certainly paints a different image of elves. :3
Rudhheniel
Elrond Peredhel

Drunken elven guards ruled by an angry, selfish king certainly paints a different image of elves. :3

Thranduil objects to ALL of that.

Shameless Noob

9,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Elrond Peredhel

You speaks for Thranduil, Lord Elrond? *bemused smile*

Mirkwood and Rivendell relations are doing well.
Rudhheniel
Elrond Peredhel

You speaks for Thranduil, Lord Elrond? *bemused smile*

Mirkwood and Rivendell relations are doing well.

Yeeees. Diplomacy is at an all time high. Certainly no one is too lazy to switch accounts.

Witty Firestarter

11,950 Points
  • Senpai's Notice 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
Elrond Peredhel
Connor the Hobbit
Elrond Peredhel
Oh for the love of all that's good in this world. Mary-Sue much? 'Adras', there is no such thing, and Galadriel had siblings. She had four brothers, they mostly died horribly.

And since when do Elves mind being active?

And did people miss the part of the books where Hobbits actually work pretty hard to sustain themselves? Much less skipping through fields and frivolous drinking and lots more let's plant and harvest those crops so we can eat. The work hard and enjoy the fruits of said labor after.

And in less of a concerned tone @ Rudh: I never had trouble seeing elves as affectionate. Elrond in the Lord of the Rings seemed pretty friendly (which is part of the reason I like him so much), and to roughly paraphrase The Silmarillion there was no love greater between parent and child then the love between Fëanor and Finwë. I always assumed them to be just as affectionate as humans were.

this. all of this.
and for the record I did say "dancin, drinking, smoking, gardening, skipping merrily through the peaceful fields barefoot, it's like my life already." I'm too poor to go to the market for food, I grow my own for the most part, and work my a** off in doing so~

Fair enough, by the way, I like your avatar. Best hobbit I've seen on Gaia.

aww thank you 4laugh

Sparkly Pants

I would definitely be an ent.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out