Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkling Senshi

10,100 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
For those of you who don't know yet, Angelic Pretty re-released their "Wonder Party" print from 2008 a couple days ago. The new released doesn't include all of the same cuts and the sax x pink colorway has been traded in for a lovely mocha brown (but all pink and all sax colors are still offered).

Pictures:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

They have re-released a few other items recently, including their super-popular Sugary Carnival print, and the less popular Country of Sweets. I'm some what puzzled, to be honest, at some of their choices, though, Wonder Party was at least somewhat popular, if I remember correctly.

Do you link the wonder party print? How about the color change? Is there something you wish they had done differently with it? Do you like that AP is doing re-releases? Is there something in particular you wish they would re-release?

Kawaii Bunny

That's such a pretty dress, I sort of want one now. I think my favourite is probably the black colourway, but I also like blue.

There are a few dresses I would like re-released. They should re-release puppet circus. Although that would get sold out so quickly that I'd never have the chance to get one.

Profitable Businessman

This re-release is perfect, imo. I like that they sometimes do this, because rare and popular prints are nice, but after a while they just become too hard to find / stupidly expensive to buy secondhand. It also screws up the whole "but I want that rare print" excuse that people have been using to justify replicas. I own one of the 2011 Country of Sweets OPs and I love it. I also enjoy that they can take an old print and make it up to date with more recent trends.

Sparkling Senshi

10,100 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
Evil Goth Bunny
That's such a pretty dress, I sort of want one now. I think my favourite is probably the black colourway, but I also like blue.

There are a few dresses I would like re-released. They should re-release puppet circus. Although that would get sold out so quickly that I'd never have the chance to get one.

I would love if they re-released puppet circus without the pompom trim. Or even, if they just re-released it so I wouldn't feel bad changing the trim. xd
sweet whee

Invisible Friend

4,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
It's so cute!!! whee ........Unfortunateley it's too expensive and I can't fit in it. crying

Sparkling Senshi

10,100 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
Almond Milks
This re-release is perfect, imo. I like that they sometimes do this, because rare and popular prints are nice, but after a while they just become too hard to find / stupidly expensive to buy secondhand. It also screws up the whole "but I want that rare print" excuse that people have been using to justify replicas. I own one of the 2011 Country of Sweets OPs and I love it. I also enjoy that they can take an old print and make it up to date with more recent trends.

*nods* I appreciate the adjustments they make to the cut/style/etc to match the current trends. If any of my die-hard favorite AP prints were re-released, I'd probably snap them up. If they re-released Fruits Parlor with a different bodice, I'd probably get the new one over my older one, even.

Dapper Fatcat

9,200 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • First step to fame 200
Oh my gosh that's just wonderful! I finally got this print in pink however I really want the sax colorway which is virtually impossible to find in the jsk version... crying Soooo happy!

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
While this print wasn't ~*super popular*~ over here, it sold out immediately in Japan and was extremely popular over there, so it makes sense that they'd re-release it. I think the same thing is the case with their other "less popular" releases that left American lolitas scratching their heads- Country of Sweets and Toy Parade weren't super popular over here and have languished on the international and US sites for months, but they were ultra-popular in Japan so as that's where the majority of their stock goes it makes sense ^^

Personally, I like seeing these kinds of re-releases. It makes these rare items so much more accessible for those of us who may have missed out the first time around, and also helps get another "generation" of lolitas into a specific style or print. I also think it shows that the brands do care about creating products that their customers will really enjoy and appreciate ^^

I am a little tempted to buy the blue JSK or skirt, but as I already own the pink OP it's not super pressing. I'm most interested to see if they re-release the derpy cup accessories. I already own one hat, but I have an idea for a coordinate that involves two, and I would also really like to have the bag!
I like this print but its not a must have for me.
I like that they released it in brown, as it is currently trending.

I find it an odd choice that they chose this print to re-release...

I am still hoping they re-re-release chess chocolate! razz I know they released it last nov,!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games