Welcome to Gaia! ::

I mean, I see people use AP for fairy kei all the time. Anyone else? I would imagine puyutmayo (sp?) would be used in a lot of punk outfits.

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
I do it pretty often ^^ I tend to buy a lot of brand items that don't really look lolita, so it's easy to work them into non-lolita outfits. This cardigan, for instance, is from Meta and I wear it with jeans often since it's too long to wear with most lolita. This skirt and this salopette are shorter than traditional lolita fare and lack a full skirt, but they look really cute in casual outfits and when worn with engineer boots and a biker jacket ^^

As for more "traditional" items, I think with the right coordination it's pretty easy to make them work for different styles. I recently did a dolly-kei coordinate with a BTSSB dress and I've also managed to shoehorn lolita dresses into related styles like otome. I think, even, with the right coordination, it's easy to make a skirt in a more subdued color work really well as a business casual piece. The shape can sometimes make it feel like your options are limited but lolita clothes actually work pretty well for a variety of occasions.

Bashful Shopper

I have a Baby jsk and an ETC jsk that I wear all the time with just a plain cardigan and flats for school. Brand's expensive, you might as well get your moneys worth and wear it as often as possible smile

Kawaii Girl

Putumayo IS punk though. A lot of their items aren't even Lolita at all. I know a lot of Lolita who like to wear Lolita pieces casually. Like, not something you would call casual Lolita. Just casual.

Cheery Sweetheart

User Image

If I ever have a business-casual level dress event to go to (e.g. art show, play, something like that), I usually have some Innocent World in my outfit. Without the petticoat, this one particular dress I have still looks nice, and I really like that sort of style.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff