Welcome to Gaia! ::

Newbie Gaian

My sister and I have been talking about what the best hair colour for wearing fairy kei is, I personally think orange/ honey coloured looks the cutest. Also, have you ever heard of lifestyl fairy kei? :3

Magical Bloodsucker

wow i am actually pretty sick of people interpreting fairy-kei as "child like" and that you can't show a lot of skin/cleavage. (the reason I bring this up is it's in a LOT of "beginner guides/tutorials".

and there's another style called spank!-kei which is really relevant to fairy kei - 80's motifs of all kinds are common, both pastels and neons, polka dots, etc.

it also kinda peeves me when people say light hair or wigs are best. I actually really really like when people wear fairy-kei with whatever hair color they want, but maybe because I'm used to spank! style and a lot of the girls have their brown hair, black hair or teal hair (like tavuchi is known for!)

spankgirls is probably my favorite reference for "fairy-kei"-like things, but maybe that's just me. u__u

Magical Bloodsucker

vacantclouds
My sister and I have been talking about what the best hair colour for wearing fairy kei is, I personally think orange/ honey coloured looks the cutest. Also, have you ever heard of lifestyl fairy kei? :3
the best hair color for fairy-kei is any color, in my opinion.
people act like you need pastel hair/wigs to pull it together but that's mostly something ott sweet lolitas brought over.

and, out of curiosity, what is considered "lifestyle fairy-kei" now?

Newbie Gaian

teranoid
vacantclouds
people act like you need pastel hair/wigs to pull it together but that's mostly something ott sweet lolitas brought over.

From what I understand, it might not really be a thing at all. If you google lifestyl sweet loli you might get some stuff though. Basically the idea is that someone would lead their life with pastels, kids stuffs and 80's decor, you get the idea.

Profitable Businessman

teranoid
vacantclouds

Natural pastel hair looks cute with fairy kei, but I hate pastel wigs. They look like clown wigs, especially because half the time it's not very good quality or styled poorly. Natural hair works really well with fairy kei, much better than pastel wigs. I'm an OTT sweet lolita and my wig looks very natural.

Fashionable Lover

Almond Milks
Natural pastel hair looks cute with fairy kei, but I hate pastel wigs. They look like clown wigs, especially because half the time it's not very good quality or styled poorly. Natural hair works really well with fairy kei, much better than pastel wigs. I'm an OTT sweet lolita and my wig looks very natural.

I think the same problem can happen with natural wigs as well. My rule of thumb is if the hair looks too wiry or too shiny then I skip over the wig unless I know how to matte it to make the hair (even the pastel wigs) look a little more like naturally died hair that has escaped a lot of chemical wear-and-tear. Those Fairies who get past the poor looking wigs and the poorly styled wigs, I think, really do well with pastel colored hair.

Everyone has their preference: some say wigs aren't Lolita, some say as long as your hair looks like a doll could have it's Lolita, others say only natural colored wigs, some say screw it all and wear bright wigs. So in the end I say when it comes to hair do what you feel best in. If you want to wear a wig (maybe you like to frequently change your hairstyle, maybe you are terrified of bleaching and/or dying your hair) then wear a wig! In the end, any critisim you get for it is no worse than what you might face for wearing Lolita in the first place (or for being decked out in Fairy Kei or Spank!)

Profitable Businessman

LOVE SHUFFLE
Almond Milks

I think the same problem can happen with natural wigs as well. My rule of thumb is if the hair looks too wiry or too shiny then I skip over the wig unless I know how to matte it to make the hair (even the pastel wigs) look a little more like naturally died hair that has escaped a lot of chemical wear-and-tear. Those Fairies who get past the poor looking wigs and the poorly styled wigs, I think, really do well with pastel colored hair.

Everyone has their preference: some say wigs aren't Lolita, some say as long as your hair looks like a doll could have it's Lolita, others say only natural colored wigs, some say screw it all and wear bright wigs. So in the end I say when it comes to hair do what you feel best in. If you want to wear a wig (maybe you like to frequently change your hairstyle, maybe you are terrified of bleaching and/or dying your hair) then wear a wig! In the end, any critisim you get for it is no worse than what you might face for wearing Lolita in the first place (or for being decked out in Fairy Kei or Spank!)

I'm not sure why this is, but I just notice poor styling and cheapness with unnatural colours more. I'm not sure if it's because maybe those colours attract people new to wearing wigs, or if it's because it's less noticable on natural-looking wigs. Maybe it's just me being overly critical of those kinds of wigs because it's not my taste.

Now I don't think those wigs are un-lolita or ita, I just dislike them.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff