Welcome to Gaia! ::

IRL Trash

User Image

I'm currently looking for a prom dress due to the fact it's my senior year and therefore my first and last prom at my school!
    The problem is... I don't really like any of the prom dresses I've seen my other classmates wear (I'm in a group of 160+ high school girls posting their dresses) and the few sites I've seen don't appeal to me at all...

This may be a stretch, but does anyone know of any prom dresses a Sweet Lolita girl like me would like?

The theme is The Roaring 20s (Gatsby era), but it doesn't entirely matter if it's matching the theme or not. Really the "required" thing is that it's a long dress. emotion_facepalm

I know the two don't really match up that much, but I'm kind of at a loss because I can't find long dresses that appeal to me...

It's really rare, but maybe you could find a dress with a lower waist, such as a Victorian Maiden OP.

You should also look up the "robe de style". It's a little more doable with lolita fashion. I think if you found a floral JSK and wore some 20s themed accessories, such as a long string of pearls, bobbed hair, and a headband?

If you look for tea-length dresses, such as from Innocent World, Julitte et Justine, or AatP, you can definitely find a dress that is long enough. For example, here is a JetJ tea length dress, so it'll hit under the knees. It's not sweet, but I think you'll find a really hard time finding purely sweet dresses that hit under the knee. I mean, AP's hemlines have risen so high that they hit mid-thigh on their 5 foot none models.

Another solution is to just buy an underdress and long petti and wear it under whatever dress you like.

It's kind of weird that dresses have to be long, though. The 20s are known for raised hemlines, to up to almost knee-length, so...
I dont think lolita will translate well into a 1920s theme, and especially not something that we think of as sweet lolita because that is very much the opposite. As said you can try to work more classic dresses that are tea length, although I do suggest that you scrap the idea entirely. Prom tends to be during the summer, and with a lot of people and dancign it gets hot easily which doesnt work well with teh layers and the petti that lolita uses. You would really need a dress that not only is longer, but would look okay without that stuff with of course makes it even harder to find on a sort notice.

Luminosus's Wife

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
Here's a blog about wearing Lolita to prom.

Personally I'm for it. Prom is the one time you get to REALLY go all out on the fancy, and with some of the prom dresses I've seen for sale lately (open panels in the bodice, neon colors, high-low skirts where the high part is barely legal), I think Lolita would actually be pretty tame in comparison!

Pyromaniac

9,100 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Friendly 100
  • Mega Tipsy 100
i wore lolita to prom and i was crowned so

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers