Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Rick Pixel's Princess

Sweetest Kitten

I've always really loved lolita fashion! but I'm 6 feet tall... so I'm nervous that:
a. Would it look strange on me?
b. Would I have trouble finding long enough dresses?

Any advice? Thanks! yum_strawberry yum_tea
I am 5"10

It is harder to find dresses and skirts when you are this tall, you really have to be really careful with measurements and such (as if you don't need to as it is in this hobby).

Some indie brands that are willing to make their dresses longer for you if you ask, otherwise I recommend looking for underskirts that will lengthen your dresses. Sadly, there are going to be brands you need to avoid, especially Angelic Pretty does not exactly cater to taller lolitas.

I recommend looking at this topic on cgl, and also feel free to ask questions there as well but read the already available replies. There are a lot of great posts there, and it's also good if you want to get into other j-fashion than lolita
I dont think any style needs a height requirment, but it does depend on what style you are looking for. Sweet tends to be shorter, ap is pretty short, so people who are taller look for older stuff (since they are longer) stuff that have adjustable straps, halter straps, etc. If yu are into classic there are long dresses already there. Gothic can be anywhere inbetween.
Invest in underskirts- Taobao stores like Chess Story, Little Dipper, Classical Puppet, and Dear Celine have really nice ones. Brands like Innocent World and Juliette et Justine also oftentimes make tea length dresses, so be on the look out for that. Longer dresses are also on trend right now, so actually Baby is making a bunch on them, plus it's pretty common to wear longer dresses in gothic, as well. Don't worry too much about it, though. The problem with some dresses on some bodies isn't the length, but the whole dress looks just too small, but if everything fits and you're showing a bit of thigh, that's never killed anybody. Be cautious of blouse arms- you can get nice custom blouses from Bunny House, the Floral Notebook, Lady Sloth, and Mystery Garden for good prices.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff