Welcome to Gaia! ::

Sparkling Senshi

10,300 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
So I recently bought Baby The Stars Shine Bright's Dynamic Lolita Boston bag second hand, and I was surprised to find that the bag is a canvas-like material with pleather details/handles and the crown is flocked, not printed. I'm not upset or anything, it just wasn't what I was expecting. xd (Though, the flocking is more of a light grey more than it is white. I'm not sure if it needs to be cleaned or if it just is that color).

Have you ever gotten something only to be surprised to find out it was a lot different from how you expected on the detail level? Did it change how you felt about the item?

Timid Lunatic

I wish brand stores would use higher def photos for their products. It's not like they lack the money for it. I used to lurk the btssb blogs just for the higher quality photos of new products -_-;;

I'm honestly always surprised by the detail and just love it a s**t ton more when I get it in real life.

But for some reason... I always forget my dresses have pockets. I put on an AP skirt the other month and was like "HOLY s**t. THIS HAS A POCKET" No idea why it's only one though. But it's definitely a detail that always surprises the s**t out of me.

Original Lunatic

Angelic Pretty lace ALWAYS surprises me. It always has such cute little details... hearts, bunnies, bears, strawberries... and then their name/initials are usually somewhere in there.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I wish I could get lace as super awesome custom as that for my handmade stuff!!! I probably could if I coughed up the money for a computerized embroidery machine, since all their stuff is custom embroidered on tulle.

Lonely Phantom

I think for me, it's metal charms. I have often looked down at a purse I've been carrying all day and suddenly realized that the zipper has a really cute zipper pull/charm that I hadn't noticed until just then. Usually they're shaped like something, stars, bows, hearts, etc. It's just a little detail that makes me smile.

Profitable Businessman

Albino Sea Monkey

Angelic Pretty lace ALWAYS surprises me. It always has such cute little details... hearts, bunnies, bears, strawberries... and then their name/initials are usually somewhere in there.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I wish I could get lace as super awesome custom as that for my handmade stuff!!! I probably could if I coughed up the money for a computerized embroidery machine, since all their stuff is custom embroidered on tulle.

This!

Also with AP, I notice little bows and things that you don't normally see unless you closely examine stock pictures, especially if the dress is in black.
Detachable bows! A few weeks ago I got one of my dream dresses, Princess Honey's Tea Salon, and the main bows on the dress are completely detachable. It actually means the dress can double as an adorable more casual lolita dress. x3

Haha about the pocket thing, my friend's Magical Etoile has pocket. Singular. It only has one! A double surprise!

Sparkling Senshi

10,300 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
[ Shirsox ]
I wish brand stores would use higher def photos for their products. It's not like they lack the money for it. I used to lurk the btssb blogs just for the higher quality photos of new products -_-;;

I'm honestly always surprised by the detail and just love it a s**t ton more when I get it in real life.

But for some reason... I always forget my dresses have pockets. I put on an AP skirt the other month and was like "HOLY s**t. THIS HAS A POCKET" No idea why it's only one though. But it's definitely a detail that always surprises the s**t out of me.

Pockets are amazing.. could be on the fence about getting something and then, you tell me it has a pocket and suddenly it's the best thing since sliced bread.

a lot of things with a side pocket and a side zipper only have one pocket because of the zipper, so it might only have one because it has a zipper... or because they have a habit of making only one because most other things have side zippers. XD

Sparkling Senshi

10,300 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
Robo-Dream
I think for me, it's metal charms. I have often looked down at a purse I've been carrying all day and suddenly realized that the zipper has a really cute zipper pull/charm that I hadn't noticed until just then. Usually they're shaped like something, stars, bows, hearts, etc. It's just a little detail that makes me smile.

I like those, and when they put the little glass crystal beads on the corners of bows randomly heart

Lonely Phantom

Raine Dragon
Robo-Dream

I like those, and when they put the little glass crystal beads on the corners of bows randomly heart

I just realized now that my Meta headbow from Twinkle Journey has two little star charms on either side. LOVE!

Sparkly Millionaire

9,650 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Raine Dragon
Pockets are amazing.. could be on the fence about getting something and then, you tell me it has a pocket and suddenly it's the best thing since sliced bread.

a lot of things with a side pocket and a side zipper only have one pocket because of the zipper, so it might only have one because it has a zipper... or because they have a habit of making only one because most other things have side zippers. XD

Agreed that pockets are seriously the best! I ALWAYS forget my AP dresses and skirts have them, so it's always a really pleasant surprise to pop my hand into one and realize hey, I can stick my phone in my dress!

Adored Cat

19,250 Points
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Fusion Apprentice 100
  • Timely Contributor 100

Girl-Crazy Sex Symbol

[ Shirsox ]

I believe the reason brands' item's pictures are so small and not high def is to reduce their images being stolen by Milanoo and such.
Just my guess though.

Profitable Businessman

Cherni
[ Shirsox ]

I believe the reason brands' item's pictures are so small and not high def is to reduce their images being stolen by Milanoo and such.
Just my guess though.

You know what... that makes a ton of sense. I never thought of it that way, but it's always something that has bugged me.
Raine Dragon
So I recently bought Baby The Stars Shine Bright's Dynamic Lolita Boston bag second hand, and I was surprised to find that the bag is a canvas-like material with pleather details/handles and the crown is flocked, not printed. I'm not upset or anything, it just wasn't what I was expecting. xd (Though, the flocking is more of a light grey more than it is white. I'm not sure if it needs to be cleaned or if it just is that color).

Have you ever gotten something only to be surprised to find out it was a lot different from how you expected on the detail level? Did it change how you felt about the item?

Hm.. Baby never fails me when I purchase the stuff.

Timid Lunatic

Cherni
[ Shirsox ]

Just my guess though.

Honestly, I've never seen anyone even attempt to do so until Milanoo came around; but my point is it's too recent for that to be the reasoning imo. 3nodding btssb does have higher quality stock images nowadays compared to what it used to. They used to just have the same as AP.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff