Welcome to Gaia! ::

4laugh I have everything else about ready for my first coord (except my wigs and shoes [I have pretty big feet and have no idea where to get shoes from] ) but I'm stuck at a tough decision. I ordered the Squirrel Party dress from bodyline in black. I'm almost positive (I haven't recieved it yet) that my pattern is flipped, it really doesn't bother me that much. ANYWAY. So my next big step is buying my first wig. I wanted to get a GLW but I'm not sure what I want to do. I really like double pony-tail wigs, I find them adorbs! But, I'm not sure which color or colors to go with. I had the plan of originally doing a pink wig, with a black pokedot head bow and tons of cute candy/toy accessories to add pink and blues to my whole headpiece. I even made my own little mushies that are the same style and colors as the ones and the dress and I'm currently searching for acorns and small present boxes. Anywho, I'm kind of scared of doing a pink wig because my skin is kind of dark...I know I'll lighten up some because it's almost winter time but I'm still afraid to do pink with my skin tone. So I wanted to do the cotton candy one, but pink and blue with a tan skin tone...eh...I'm alittle scared. Then I tried blonde, I actually have a cheap little costume store blond wig but......no just no...I just don't like blond with my skin or my face for that matter. So I was thinking mmmmm let me try a black one. Black actually lightens my face but I feel like the black may tone all the colors out all together even if I used tons of pink hair accessories. And I'm afraid it wont look as cute and sweet as I want to go for. So I'm just going to like...show pictures of my skin color and what I'm talking about.

My face, MEGA BANGS!!!

Pink Wig 1

Pink wig 2 maybe this one too it's pretty cute even though the style isn't my fav.

Blue and Pink Mix

And this last black one

The dress I ordered.

Last but not least my socks.

^_^ any knowledge or suggestions about the best way to coord this would be GREAT, thank you everyone. 4laugh

Lover

ugh wow. you are so adorable! personally, i would try wearing a blonde or brown colored wig, but since the dress is black with a pastel print, then i think a pastel colored wig would be cute if you choose the style that you think suits you best. don't worry about how it looks against your skin tone because it's going to look lovely and you're going to feel like a princess in whatever colored wig you decide to pick out. i think that this is a really cute wig, too. and it also looks really nice in the mint, the blonde and the brown. and as for the shoes, there are a lot of options. you can search lacemarket, taobao, ebay, facebook sales, and other forums where people sell their lolita stuff.
No wig. Use your real hair because that hair so good and you are already half there to a nice rockability style. I also would suggest avoiding going too out there for your first outfit. If you want to use fake hair, go with pieces not a wig, which obviously is then going to be black, and dont go too ott. You can just buy 2 ponytail clips and put that into your own hair. Also make sure that your head bow isnt too big, I find a lot of newbies are not doing big hair for big bows and it looks awkward.

Tipsy Bunny

12,950 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Champion 300
  • Object of Affection 150
Go with a natural colored wig that complements your skin tone first. It will be more versatile in the long run. And will look better than most unnatural colored wigs.

Doctor Pines's Queen

Thylacine Friend

14,100 Points
  • De-Extinctionist 500
  • Candy Fiend 150
  • Cool Cat 500
You don't actually need a wig. I don't even own one and I wear lolita a lot.

Kawaii Connoisseur

16,050 Points
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Supreme Supporter 500
  • Campaign Manager 500
If you feel like you have to get a wig, stay clear from GLW anyway. They aren't a very good company and their wigs are very hit and miss. They are too expensive for the quality that they are. Try Lockshop or Mintymix instead.
You have nice looking hair so you don't particularly need a wig. But sometimes it might be desired for a certian style. Your best bet is to pick one that matches your natural hair color (will look most flattering on you) and go from there.

IDK, I strictly wear wigs with lolita because my natural hair is unworkable. But if you can use your hair, you might not need one.

Bodyline is a good idea for bigger shoes as suggested. Secret Shop has some larger sized shoes as well, you can order through clobbaonline.com I would go with something that has a bit of a heel however. I find that larger feet with flat shoes (such as tea parties) start to look like clown shoes. D:

Kawaii Girl

legnanellaf5
No wig. Use your real hair because that hair so good and you are already half there to a nice rockability style. I also would suggest avoiding going too out there for your first outfit. If you want to use fake hair, go with pieces not a wig, which obviously is then going to be black, and dont go too ott. You can just buy 2 ponytail clips and put that into your own hair. Also make sure that your head bow isnt too big, I find a lot of newbies are not doing big hair for big bows and it looks awkward.
I second this!! Drawstring ponytails are tons of fun.

Lover

Congrats on your first coordinate, I remember how exciting that is!!

I actually own the first pink wig you linked, and honestly I don't recommended it because it is a very dark shade of pink (much darker in real life than it looks on the site). And it will be darker than any of the shades of pink in your dress.
              I do think however that the second wig, Farrah collection in Dreamer, would look really lovely with your coordinate. A lighter shade of pink like that will coordinate well with the pastels of your dress, and also look sooo good with your skin tone!

Hardcore Unicorn

Hemorrhoidal Flare Up
Go with a natural colored wig that complements your skin tone first. It will be more versatile in the long run. And will look better than most unnatural colored wigs.

Also agreed.

I honestly don't find GLW worth their price either.

You seem to have lovely hair though so you probably could go without a wig but it's up to you!

Romantic Lover

Not every lolita needs a wig for a particular coord! Even Misako does not always wear a wig with some of her outfits! One thing I would suggest when deciding between a wig or no wig is to judge the type of coordinate you are looking for. Sometimes a coordinate will look awkward without a wig, as some dresses are fuller than others and bigger, fuller, or larger hair that wigs provide will help to better balance out the outfit. Other times your natural hair will look better than artificial hair! Deciding when to wear a wig with your coordinates is just something that is refined in time as a lolita!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff